Who are you voting for in the Fighter Ballot?

I voted for Banjo-Kazooie, because:

Banjo-Kazooie is largely considered one of the best games of the 1990s and represents the fruitful collaboration between Nintendo and Rare. The Banjo series has always had strong ties to Nintendo despite currently being Microsoft's property, with three of its four games being Nintendo exclusives. Furthermore, even Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft's Xbox division, expressed on his public Twitter account that "it would be cool if Banjo was in the next SSB DLC." Indeed, it would be an amazing and likely profitable idea if implemented.

The part about Phil Spencer is indeed true, which has given me a bit of hope for the idea.

I'm tempted to vote Groose because of how awesome he is. I might vote Inkling and K. Rool because they could be good additions.

Master of the House said:
Well, my greatest wish is dead.

dEul4Tz.png

So that's a thing.

If he did get in (which would make me very happy), I would prefer his Super Metroid design (and a Meta Ridley costume from Prime)

Iron Man said:
If he did get in (which would make me very happy), I would prefer his Super Metroid design (and a Meta Ridley costume from Prime)

Ridley is already in the game though...

:(

Why is everyone disappointed that a character you like is actually in the game? It's not like he's completely absent in any way shape or form, like most of my favorite characters.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Why is everyone disappointed that a character you like is actually in the game? It's not like he's completely absent in any way shape or form, like most of my favorite characters.

Because then they can't be playable through DLC.

Gamefreak75 said:
Iron Man said:

Ridley is already in the game though...

:(

Well I didn't necessarily mean for this game but yes it is sad

Glitchy said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Because then they can't be playable through DLC.
At least they're there in the first place though, ya know? Like, they're secured in the game and will not be taken out. Meanwhile Fawful probably won't be added as playable DLC, and I doubt they'll add DLC trophies.

I would have been more than satisfied with a Fawful trophy in the 3DS version. But instead they give fucking Kersti a trophy but not Fawful.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
At least they're there in the first place though, ya know? Like, they're secured in the game and will not be taken out. Meanwhile Fawful probably won't be added as playable DLC, and I doubt they'll add DLC trophies.

I would have been more than satisfied with a Fawful trophy in the 3DS version. But instead they give *bleep*ing Kersti a trophy but not Fawful.

Because they aren't whining. They are lamenting.

And they haven't gone on about it over and over again like a damn broken record.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
But you don't say that to the *bleep*ing people whining about a character that's actually in the game.

He's in the game, but EVERYONE gets a second chance to get in as a playable character with DLC. Especially since the ballot came out it really shows that anyone can get in as DLC if they missed their opportunity before. However, because Ridley's a boss (and even assist trophies), they are robbed of that second chance to be playable. They're in the game, but they don't get another chance to be playable unlike practically every other character.

Who says I'm not lamenting? I don't like to see people complaining about a character that's in the game when other characters have it a lot worse.

And if Fawful was a stage boss/hazard I would fucking be ecstatic. I wouldn't even give two fucks if he were playable or not then.

The difference between lamenting and whining is all based on how one presents it. In you're case it's whining

Really annoying and extremely repetitive whining.

No. You're just so deluded by your differing opinions that you think anything I say is whining.

I'm not the one complaining about a character that made it into the game and is represented.

Dude, ask just about anyone here and they'll tell you the exact same thing. All you do is *bleep* and moan about the same bloody thing all the time.

Rpg characters this, rpgs that, Fawful this, Fawful that. Jesus Christ. You make posters on deviantart, you make videos on youtube, all devoted to the exact same *bleep*ing thing that you never shut the *bleep* up about.

uh I think we might want to drop this before all hell brakes loose

well, I have another chance to vote, so I'm going wolf

There is a fine line between passion and obsession.

Nozomi Toujou said:
well, I have another chance to vote, so I'm going wolf

If I had to guess, wolf will probably already be put in as DLC even without voting.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Who says I'm not lamenting? I don't like to see people complaining about a character that's in the game when other characters have it a lot worse.

And if Fawful was a stage boss/hazard I would *bleep*ing be ecstatic. I wouldn't even give two *bleep*s if he were playable or not then.

That's because Fawful is a little bit of a more obscure character of a popular franchise (that is kind of overrepped let's be honest). It's tough for obscure characters to get in the game as an assist trophy or something if they are from something that is not really it's specialty. In this case, Fawful is from the RPGs in a series that focuses more on Platforming. And before you say that Mario Kart is a spinoff series that has representation, so the RPGs should, Mario Kart is probably the most popular spinoff franchise. It overshadows the obscure characters of the RPGs and makes it tougher of them to get a glimpse in the game. He also was introduced a tad bit late in the Mario Universe.

Ridley however, is probably the most popular Metroid villain. He has been around since the beginning of the series, and has been in almost every game since. He's the Bowser of Metroid if you will. Metroid is one of the most underrepped series that has been around since the NES. It is a very popular franchise and we only have 1 real representative (in 2 different forms). All of the other major franchises have their villain. Mario has Bowser, Zelda has Ganondorf, Pokemon has Mewtwo (and I guess the game counts Greninja as a villain), Kirby has Dedede, Star Fox had Wolf (although he will probably return as DLC), but Metroid's main baddie is absent.

Now I realize not every franchise has to have a villain. In fact I'm not even sure if their IS a villain in some of the series, but as seen with King K. Rool they are some of the most requested characters. These characters are all able to have another shot at getting in the game as a playable character. Ridley doesn't get this 2nd chance, and that's why I find it sad.

This is just my opinion and you are free to have yours. I just wanted to express my thoughts in a hopefully more positive manner.

Back