Who are you voting for in the Fighter Ballot?

I think Kaptain K Rool would make a decent alternate costume for him.

I voted for Paper Mario.
The Paper Mario games have so much variety when it comes to attacks, with all the items, special moves, and badges, so Paper Mario himself has the potential to be a completely unique character, therefore he won't be a clone of Mario and Dr. Mario.
I'm already almost done with a brainstormed potential moveset for him. All I need are his forward and up aerials, Floor and Edge attacks, and his custom moves for his side special (Fire Drive) and up special (Spring Jump).

I don't want Daisy either but I am not against Mario fighters in general. All of my most wanted are from that series.

(And really, the only thing that's represented are SUPER Mario and Dr. Mario. The vast majority of the Mario subseries are unrepped)

I'm not against King K. Rool though.

Am I the last person who still thinks the donkey kong, yoshi and wario reps also count as mario reps btw?

They count in Mario spinoffs, but in Smash they have their own symbols

Which is why I think Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and Dr. Mario should have their own symbols too.

They have their own symbol because they are separate characters with their own series.

sure but idk i think whenever people say "theres 7 mario reps" i always think thats actually incorrect because those other characters are still very closely related to the mario franchise

Lumastar said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I'm not against King K. Rool though.
Ah, what the heck. *high claws*

Listen, I like Daisy as a character, but if she makes it in this game due to this over characters like Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario, the Boos, Kamek, and the like-

Daisy has equal chance as Waluigi, if not more because Nintendo did not even bother to add Waluigi in Mario Kart 7.

Assist Trophy means nothing, like Andross is an assist trophy, but he will never be playable.

I personally don't think Assist Trophies will be promoted to playable in-game. That feels kinda off.

The one promoted Assist Trophy (Little Mac) needed a whole new game just to get playable in the next game. Until I see it happen, I think Assist Trophies are ineligible.

The only Mario character that should be DLC is some form of Toad though (Regular Toad or Captain Toad. Whichever it is)

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Assist Trophy (something Smash related) means nothing, but Mario Kart 7 (not Smash related) means something? lol

Of course it means something, if not Rosalina would never have been playable. She made to Smash 4 because she kept appearing in Mario games, to the point of being playable to a Mario 3D game.

I don't exactly want Daisy either though. I don't think she should get in before Toad, Paper Mario, and even Waluigi. She's one of those characters I'd be tempted to not buy at all if they were DLC. (But I'd begrudgingly do it anyway eventually because hey it's a new Smash character for the roster. Even if it's one I don't really think should be in yet and/or at all)

But it's not like Daisy would be like the first one chosen. I think they pick quite a few characters before they'd go for Daisy.

It's not like there is going to be any more Mario characters added to smash 4

Go to any smash forum and you'll find it dominated by primarily non Mario characters.

Mcmadness said:
It's not like there is going to be any more Mario characters added to smash 4

Eh, I wouldn't say that. Especially if there's going to be plenty of DLC Characters over the course of a long while (We don't know how many DLC Characters we are getting. For all we know we could be getting one every 3-6 months for the next few years. I'm not saying that will happen but until we know more we don't know the exact extent that Character DLC will go)

I do feel Captain Toad is a prime candidate if a Mario character gets in as DLC. There's a solid fanbase that has been wanted Toad playable in some form since the beginning of the series. And they could provide their full support behind something that's actually pretty relevant and Nintendo would be happy to promote in Smash Bros.

Back