Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
The new Switch update is here, so it's version 7.0 now! These are basically the updates we have:
- Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean are added as available languages
- New icons from New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe that include a moon, non-Captain Toadette, Super Crown, Peachette, Super Acorn and Nabbit
DyCau8-V4AA5Kga.jpg

Thank you for reading.

I'm glad this game is getting icons.

What I'm NOT proud of tho, is that Bucken Berry doesn't have an icon :(

I'm still waiting for 3DS icons, since that console is still getting games but doesn't have an icon system like the Switch. So why not just borrow some artwork from 3DS releases to also promote them since the 3DS doesn't have profiles of its own to put them on.

I bet nobody can guess why I want that

you'd think adding smash icons would've been a no brainer

The DK Emoji IRL said:
Isabelle said:
I need a Lucario icon c'mon

Most likely to happen when the core Pokemon comes out.
Though I don't know if Lucario is famous enough to get one in the first place, you tell me.

Sadly, unless they decide to do all Smash characters...

That ain't happening.

:'(

I would like to remind everyone that ARMS didn't get icons for the characters until the last one (Dr. Coyle) was revealed, since at that time many people were wondering why such a prominent game didn't get icons. I could see a similar case for Smash, where the icons won't be revealed until the last character is also revealed (remember: this game has unannounced DLC).

Thank you for reading.

It's the second month of the row and Japan had the edge in terms of quantity of Famicom games compared to the NES games. While it's true that the two games that both got are great: Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA and Kirby's Adventure, Japan had an extra game: a sumo Famicom game (Tsuppari Oozumou). I wonder if the feedback on Nintendo Switch Online would've been more negative if their initial slate of games revealed that Japan would have an edge in terms of number of games, between Oct 2018 and Dec 2018.

Although it would be nice to see some US/Europe-exclusive games on the Switch Online NES, I can see why people cast their doubts, since the bias is pretty clear if you compare between Japan and other regions' game selection. I somehow imagine that Japan would have complained if the US had an exclusive game for once.

Thank you for reading.

Finally, some quality games! SMB2 and Kirby are great!
Of course, we're still waiting for them to make this subscription better...*cough*SNES and more*cough*

Is there any way that I can have screenshots and videos taken on my Switch on my computer without posting to social media on the Switch?

Kirby and Dedede said:
White Lightning said:
Is there any way that I can have screenshots and videos taken on my Switch on my computer without posting to social media on the Switch?
There is, but you need a microSD card and an adapter if necessary.
Great, I have both. The adapter came with my microSD card.

White Lightning said:
Kirby and Dedede said:
White Lightning said:
There is, but you need a microSD card and an adapter if necessary.
Great, I have both. The adapter came with my microSD card.
There's a microSD slot behind the Switch's tabletop kickstand, so pull out the kickstand and insert the microSD card. Then you can move any screenshot or video on the Switch to the memory card. When you're done, pull out the microSD card and plug it into your computer with the adapter. You should be able to access the files.

New NES games this month: Kid Icarus and StarTropics! The latter is notably never released in Japan, so the US got another exclusive game (Adventures of Lolo is another exclusive game since it's actually the second game, instead of Japan's first game).

https://youtu.be/ku6E5QxDnVY

Meanwhile, Japan got not only Kid Icarus, but Fire Emblem and Yie Ar Kung-Fu. Yes, that means Japan got the regular 3 games still.

Thank you for reading.

I'm surprised that there is no Smash Bros. icons. Maybe they'll release them in the next system update.

There also is no Pokémon or DK series icon.

But there will definitely be Yoshi's Crafted World icons soon.

Back