Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Nintendo hasn't announced the 2019 lineup for NES games yet. Since there's probably going to be a Nintendo Direct in a couple days, and they'll probably reveal the 2019 NES lineup then, I'd like to see the games that people want to see as part of the NES online library.

For me, I would love to see Kirby's Adventure and Lost Levels on there, although Mario USA or Zelda 2 would also be nice.

Emulating Gamecube games might be too much for the Switch in my opinion, but if they pulled it off I'd be glad.

Although I'd imagine Sunshine would be kind of hard to play due to its use of analog triggers. I suppose since the Gamecube doesn't have a ZL button they can use that button for adjusting the triggers. Sounds cumbersome though.

sunshine without pressure control would probably be perfectly playable with a few minor adjustments assuming you could aim freely while walking which would be the case if they would just remake sunshine on the splatoon(2) engine like i've been saying they should this whole time

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1082819244608360448

They did post the upcoming games on Nintendo's website...but I'm pretty underwhelmed.

a) They only posted two games on there: Blaster Master and Zelda 2
b) There is no release date for these games
c) There is no "more to be announced" message below the list

I'm a bit worried that these two are the last ones, and if that is the case I will be deeply saddened by the fact that Kirby's Adventure is not on the service.

EDIT: Knowing more on the subject now, this is very clearly not the end of the service. This is simply the January lineup, set to release on the 16th. Apparently there was a third, Japan-only game that will remain a Japan-only game with NES Online. Edited the link at the top. Still hoping to see Kirby in February!

NanoPhoenix said:
My Switch collection is starting to come along pretty well.

Yz2DqZA.jpg

Had to edit two separate screenshots together to get them all into frame.

You sure have a larger game collection for your Switch than I do right now. So far, I only have Super Mario Odyssey, Freedom Planet, Yooka-Laylee, Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy, and Kirby Star Allies.

I have no need for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since I already own the original Wii U version. Likewise, I have the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild.

King Dedede said:
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

They did post the upcoming games on Nintendo's website...but I'm pretty underwhelmed.

a) They only posted two games on there: Blaster Master and Zelda 2
b) There is no release date for these games
c) There is no "more to be announced" message below the list

I'm a bit worried that these two are the last ones, and if that is the case I will be deeply saddened by the fact that Kirby's Adventure is not on the service.

Did you know the Japanese version have Joy Mech Fight also? Basically that's the game Sukapon is from. Yes, Japan gets three games, but not the US. That is unless the US version is holding a surprise announcement for that game.

The date these games are available on is 16 January.

Thank you for reading.

I sure am happy non-Japanese countries are getting less games. If we're lucky we'll get a lame "SP" version of one of the games as a replacement. Exciting.

I wouldn't be excited for more ports and remakes, that's for sure.

Because of the apparent exclusivity of Joy Mech Fight, I decided to download the Famicom app which was convenient since I already have a Japanese account, thanks to Puyo Puyo eSports. I also got this game earlier:

maxresdefault.jpg

Thank you for reading.

I know that you're able to post your Nintendo Switch screenshots onto Facebook or Twitter, but I feel highly skeptical about those websites. I have no use for Facebook, but how safe is Twitter?

I'm asking this, since I might want to show my Nintendo Switch screenshots from games, like Super Mario Odyssey.

MnSG said:
I know that you're able to post your Nintendo Switch screenshots onto Facebook or Twitter, but I feel highly skeptical about those websites. I have no use for Facebook, but how safe is Twitter?

I'm asking this, since I might want to show my Nintendo Switch screenshots from games, like Super Mario Odyssey.
I don't know about either, so I can't help you on that, but you can just get your screenshots off your Switch using a micro SD card.

MnSG said:
given how millions of people use it everyday without issue, yes it's safe

I'm celebrating my birthday right now. I didn't get a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller like I really wanted.

I GOT 2! I bought one since I was gonna play Smash with my friends, but there was another one that turned out to be one of my presents.

What kind of crazy luck is that?

Here's an interesting thing that's being datamined: https://twitter.com/KapuccinoHeck/status/1084281635586146304

Basically? There are SNES games planned for the online service, and the list of games planned is interesting indeed, with a mix of standard well-known games and surprises:
Super Mario Kart
Super Soccer
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Demon's Crest
Yoshi's Island
Stunt Race FX
Kirby's Dream Course
Pop'n Twinbee
Star Fox
Contra 3
Kirby Super Star
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Pilotwings
F-ZERO
Star Fox 2
Super Punch-Out!!
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Mario All-Stars
Breath of Fire 2

I do know for certain that a number of these games are much better as online games compared to the NES, where I felt that only a handful are good (Wario's Woods is one). We really need Super Bomberman though, and while they are at it, find a way to make it 4 player compatible.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby 3??? Sure wasn't expecting that, after it was knocked off the SNES Classic for some reason. But it's a great game and I'm looking forward to playing it on Switch!

Mario All-Stars is also a bit surprising, considering that several of the NES originals are already available. But if it's coming, great!

Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and Kirby Super Star were expected, but I am definitely looking forward to playing those.

The absence of the DKC games is a bit odd, though.

I am hoping for the Direct this week. I mean the leaks stated that the date is supposed to be released.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I am hoping for the Direct this week. I mean the leaks stated that the date is supposed to be released.
I don't think there will be a Direct this week, or even this month. A couple days ago, Nintendo announced quite a bit of stuff out of the blue:

-Yoshi's Crafted World release date (March 29), story, and trailer
-Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn release date (March 8 )
-January 2019 NES lineup (Blaster Master & Zelda 2)

All that would probably have been better saved for a Direct.

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
King Dedede said:
-January 2019 NES lineup (Blaster Master & Zelda 2)

All that would probably have been better saved for a Direct.

That would be better announced in a direct? It's just the January games, nothing big.
If they were going to have a Direct, they might as well announce the games then. I was actually hoping for the entire 2019 lineup, like Nintendo originally implied would be announced.

OK the SNES games is an improvement if they go through with it, but it's still just renting with a subscription and still not close to the lineup of the Wii U's VC. So they still have a ways to go imo.

The games shown in the direct are, with their respective release dates:
Wargroove: 1 Feb 2019 (This game is the one that this board is the most excited for)
Double Kick Heroes: Summer 2019
When Ski Lifts Go Wrong: Out now
Forager: Coming soon
Goat Simulator: The GOATY: Out now
Inmost: 2019
Unruly Heroes: Out now
CrossCode: 2019
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech: 2019

After that it's just a highlight on popular indie games that are available now, such as Celeste, Stardew Valley, Undertale, Overcooked 2 and Hollow Knight.

Thank you for reading.

Did they have a Nindies thing near a direct last year? I can't remember.
If not, then I'm super skeptical about a direct this month (I already am a bit).

Back