Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Looks usable, as long as the games are good then I'll put some money aside

Concept seems alright, those small controllers look awful to play with other people with, but otherwise it could be pretty good.

Also what game hasn't been ported from Wii U lol

NSY said:
You know the best part of that trailer was that there were no Amiibos, not one in site.

Welp, confirmed by Nintendo. We just don't know how the Switch support amiibo.
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-confirms-amiibo-support-for-switch-says-dock-is-for-tv-output-and-charging/

I like the concept of this thing. Portable Skyrim sounds pretty gr8. As well as portable Mario Kart 8. Although I'm not as excited for Mario Kart 8 on the Switch as I should be mostly because I modded my Mario Kart 8 so I'm going to miss out on my custom music and 7 laps.

Still King Boo being playable there is a pleasant surprise. Makes me wonder if they'll add King Boo to the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8, maybe hopefully.

I was thinking that the new Mario Kart game (even if it was a port) would have all GCN retro courses on it and it plays the same as GCN. Or maybe all retro games on it would have the original gameplay features that it once had plus more.

I also came up with a game Nintendo should put on it, and it is not one that I would make sure that Nintendo would do, since I know they will have it some kind of form even if not at least 60% right. I was thinking, Mario & Luigi: Switch Sides. This is the first thing that came to my mind when thinking Switch + Mario & Luigi (series).

Hououin Kyouma said:
NSY said:
You know the best part of that trailer was that there were no Amiibos, not one in site.

eV352iF.png

whats that in front of the tv then
just noticed, at least they aren't everywhere

The Switch reveal trailer made the Wii U reveal trailer look like *bleep*, and the Switch reveal trailer = the 'Wii' name reveal trailer at E3 2006.

Well, after I saw the trailer I was like this system is going to be insanely great. It is going to be more awesome than a PS Vita and the Wii U. It's that damn good to believe.

Nabber said:
i highly doubt this will support 4k. Nintendo wants to be in the ballpark of "serious" game consoles but i really can't seem them try to make a dedicated console killer. they've never been about that life

it most likely will be 1080p, which is fine honestly, but it does make me worry about the long term

What does 'console killer' even mean? Graphic fidelity has never been the most effective selling point of a console.

Here it looks like Nintendo have actually listened to feedback and have made the console specifically for modern adults who simply don't have enough time at home to invest in playing video games. The fact that the trailer only featured adults struck me because historically Nintendo have always had the younger generation on their mind. Although kids could definitely play the console, it doesn't look like Nintendo are specifically marketing to them this time around.

I think not bothering to support 4k is disappointing but probably a wise choice given it is a fairly inaccessible tech right now (similar vein to VR). Not sure what that will mean over the next 5 years though. However, I think actually addressing modern day use cases will do them a lot of favours.

I already own two copies of Skyrim that I've collectively played for about an hour but now that it's going to be portable...

you know truthfully i initially had my doubts about the joy-con

but then i realized: it's basically a 2ds with analog sticks, and as someone who owns a 2ds over a 3ds, my doubts have been calmed heavily because that thing is legit super comfy to hold

Paul Heyman said:

but then i realized: it's basically a 2ds with analog sticks, and as someone who owns a 2ds over a 3ds, my doubts have been calmed heavily because that thing is legit super comfy to hold

Same here except without the doubts

Giratina said:
The only thing wrong with the thing shown in the reveal trailer is how tiny the controllers are when they are taken off of the screen thing. Also, is Skyrim really gonna be on there or is that just bait? And of course, you gotta love how Mario looks when peaking out of the curtain.
Yeah, those controllers look a wee bit uncomfortable.

Skyrim Remastered may or may not be there. Bethesda said that it had Skyrim Remastered to illustrate their partnership with Nintendo, but nothing beyond that is confirmed. Still, I think many people would kill for a portable Skyrim despite being several years old.

Also, Mario is cute. :)

Doesn't make sense to advertise a game you aren't going to make for a system.
Seems like that kind of undermines your partnership.

I was taking it from this article (which may or may not be reliable as a source), but again, I can't imagine why they wouldn't put Skyrim on the Switch aside from competing the other console versions.

This is good news and bad. Nintendo is not talking about NX or Switch until 2017.
Good-Nintendo is busy and the system doesn't come out during the holiday season.
Bad-There is a lot of unconfirmed stuff.
All I want to know is what the new 3D Mario game is and then I will be able to say that the bad part has very little influence to the good, because right now, it is only a little (not very little) influence to the good.

Guys just imagine
when they finally fuck off on the wii u and the 3ds
you'll have all of nintendo working on one system so that should be cool.

Paul Heyman said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that so far, in my opinion, the good outweigh the bad. The new feature sounds great. I just wonder if this will put a dent on portable gaming systems, which have been historically touted for that feature that makes up for the lack of power. It all really depends on the battery life of the controller. While we don't know the launch line-up, the Switch seems to be better off than the Wii U already because of the incredible third party support for a Nintendo console (more than Wii and Wii U, both that have had scant third party support), with at least 48 partners.

I just want to keep expectations reasonable. Maybe it's from my age, but I'm not hyped, just looking forward to it while I continue playing my older games. I'm still expecting that the Mario platformer is a mere tech demo or some extremely early prototype simply from the scant information on it.

Realistic Talking Fish Head said:
Guys just imagine
when they finally *bleep* off on the wii u and the 3ds
you'll have all of nintendo working on one system so that should be cool.
And you'll have the 3DS and Wii U totally open to modding because Nintendo won't bother updating those.

But for the 3DS, that won't happen in a while because Mario Sports Superstars and some other 3DS games getting developed. BUT, I'm still looking forward to that.

I am 100% ok with them dropping support right now
cause I cant really buy 3ds games anyways.

9bee04044c17409ab0101bea1d966434.jpg

hm.

I'm not really sure how to think about the lack of a dpad

else i guess they fixed some things people disliked about the wii u controllers as for example better button placement and asymmetrical sticks

looks better than expected though.

Hououin Kyouma said:
9bee04044c17409ab0101bea1d966434.jpg

hm.

I'm not really sure how to think about the lack of a dpad

else i guess they fixed some things people disliked about the wii u controllers as for example better button placement and asymmetrical sticks

looks better than expected though.
IZ BRUTIFUL

The D-pad has been replaced with an N64 C-stick. As long as this thing is backwards compatible with the Wii U, I have no complaints.

This is a lot different from what I expected. And with the huge third party support, this could be way better than the Wii U.

Back