1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Re: Nintendo NX

When looking back at the NX speculation before the announcement, the first thing I can think of is this Nightmare Before Christmas parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1oSrKj_qw

Thanks for reading.

The dawn of a new era is upon us

These 3 minutes will decide about life and death

Nothing will be the same

final bet:

it is two luigi amiibos duct-taped haphazardly to a slightly yellowed SNES and controlled by a single nunchuck

see you in the future(tm)

more importantly SPLATOON 2 HOLY FUCKKKKKK

apparently the controller is called the Joy-Con, let's hope that's just a Japanese name.

CvN2pUIWIAAcxQ-.jpg:large

If From Software being on there means I can get a portable Armored Core (with controls that aren't awful), I'm in.

Kind of surprised it was just a trailer of people using and no mention of price or Bill/Reggie talking about it. Can't be too miffed thoough, they said it'd be a preview. I'm a bit skeptical on the handheld portion of it, but I'll wait and see on that.

So far no Wii U sized mishandling yet with what the console is as it shows the console itself and the name clearly, so props to them.

Glowsquid said:

Ah, it's good to know Nintendo Switch also functions as a portable pachinko machine. Didn't see that in the trailer but it's nice to have it confirmed here.

Does this mean no more dedicated handhelds from Nintendo?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13345738/nintendo-switch-nvidia-tegra-announcement

Nintendo night actually be halfway serious this time

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=37733.0

New thread for the new name. OP will continually be updated with the latest information. Quoting current OP for your convenience:

NOTABLE INFORMATION
  • Nintendo Switch is a hybrid console. A dock allows it to be hooked up to a TV, where games can be displayed at up to 1080p60fps, while the detachable tablet (think modern Wii U Gamepad) plays games at 720p (possibly 30fps).
  • Games are on cartridges. Speculation: cartridges could allow faster load times, and could boast huge sizes. SD cards of up to 512 GB exist.
  • The status of onboard storage is unknown.
  • Default controller, called Joy-Con, can be split into two for quick multiplayer experiences. There will also be a new Pro Controller option. Controller backwards compatibility is currently unknown.
  • Specs are unknown, but Nvidia is responsible for the hardware and software aspects. Possible Tegra/Tegra X2.
  • New Mario confirmed!
  • Splatoon and Mario Kart have both been seen running on the system. These titles are graphically similar to their Wii U counterparts, but boast new gameplay features. Possible ports?
  • The Switch has massive third party support coming out of the gate. A few notable names include Bethesda (who have never previously supported a Nintendo console), From Software (Dark Souls/Bloodborne), Konami (Pachinko Memes), Platinum Games (MGR, Bayonetta) and Grasshopper Manufacture (No More Heroes).

>1080p

already outdated on day 1

i mean i didn't expect 4k (Nintendo would say it's too complicated for regular people and they're probably right) and it's highly overrated but it does put Nintendo at a severe disadvantage as a contender to the xbone and ps4

Xbone and PS4 currently lack 4K support. The new versions of those consoles will have 4K support, but most people can't afford those displays (and it will take a LONG time before they can). Not to mention actually running games at that resolution. 4K is a buzzword if you aren't on PC, pretty much.

Also, those consoles don't offer the sheer level of convenience that Switch seems to.

Rumors are abound that it may support 4K video, though, and at this point I'd be surprised if it didn't.

rumors are its region-free as well

and i think that's implied by the trailer with the dude taking it on a plane overseas to his totally real friend overseas

i highly doubt this will support 4k. Nintendo wants to be in the ballpark of "serious" game consoles but i really can't seem them try to make a dedicated console killer. they've never been about that life

it most likely will be 1080p, which is fine honestly, but it does make me worry about the long term

you just know nintendo will have the worst customer support service when it comes to explaining why you lost half of your switch controller on a connecting flight and that you need a replacement for $200

Hououin Kyouma said:
Will update op once im home with what contra suggested

i didn't suggest you update OP, i was quoting the op to my thread, which is post-reveal Nintendo Switch

if you steal my post I'll knife the shit out of you

Rohan Kishibe said:
you just know nintendo will have the worst customer support service when it comes to explaining why you lost half of your switch controller on a connecting flight and that you need a replacement for $200

Most likely Nintendo will have a backup plan for someone to get one remote for far less than the console.

The trailer shows familiar things: Legend of Zelda port, 3D Mario game, Another Mario Kart (port or new is not clear), and Splatoon (again port or new is not clear).

Back