Are you ready for the bear and the bird? (AKA new Banjo & Kazooie)

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
http://www.destructoid.com/new-banjo-kazooie-shown-at-sxsw-289071.phtml

289071-banjo1.jpg

Destructoid said:
Are you ready to have a sad? The SXSW Gaming Awards had Banjo and Kazooie on screen being flown through the air via audience participation with the use of motion controls. No new game has been announced from Rare just yet, though the studio is working on something, and this was an experience created just for the show by Audience Entertainment.

At least we can eventually play the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie that is currently being developed by ex-Rare staff. Meanwhile, if you're jonesing for other Rare characters you can look forward to playing as Conker in Project Spark, and fighting the Battletoads in Shovel Knight, both good uses of Rare properties and just what everyone has been hoping for, right?

You can check out the SXSW Gaming Awards replay here about 3 minutes in if you'd like to see the Banjo-Kazooie segment in full, though the audio has been muted by Twitch for copyright purposes.

Isn't this so great and hype inducing?

Just a warning: Nuts and Bolts didn't start with CARS? CARS!? CARS!!! either.

I don't have any faith left in Rareware. Lots of people left the company (Grant Kirkhope being one of them), it is a shadow of its former self, and it pains me that I have to say these things, but there's really no other way left for me to look at this.

http://www.destructoid.com/head-of-xbox-rare-is-building-a-uniquely-rare-game--283722.phtml

Right now with Rare we're at a point where I don't want the Rare brand to mean Kinect Sports.

A bit too late for that, buddy. Haha haha haha ha... excuse me while I go cry myself to sleep now.

The Kinect is probably going to end up ----ing the game like what it did to Steel Battalion

Edit: Just found out it was a tech demo, not a preview of the final product. I really hope the Kinect stays out of this.

Or his reaction to the news. His reaction to that Conker teaser thing was spot-on and congruent with mine.

I wonder what would have happened if Rare wasn't bought by Microsoft?

Besides those Donkey Kong games being released, of course.

Not interested in getting an Xbone but Banjo Kazooie has been my childhood, and I wish they could go back to Nintendo. To me it was fucking RARE that made Nintendo an awesome company, all these games (Yes even Star Fox Adventures) they made together (even though Nintendo had no involvement with Conker) were so awesome! I don't understand why Nintendo just said to Microsoft even to this day "Yeah sure take them", when they had games like Banjo Threeie and Conker's Other Bad Day that were in development for their console and would have been so goddamn great! Nowadays other than Galaxy, Zelda and Smash Bros, Nintendo just makes...good games...not great just good (at least IMO).

Nintendo got rid of Rare because their games were too similars with Nintendo games and they lacked creativity.
Banjo, Donkey Kong 64 and Super Mario 64 are quite similar.

Cirdec said:
they lacked creativity

Get out.

The reason why those games are similar is because they are in the same genre. The Banjo Kazooie series pretty much blows Super Mario 64 out of the water in atmosphere, level-design, art direction, and variety.

If you want to call that a ripoff, I call it a ripoff that surpasses the original.

EDO said:
Cirdec said:
they lacked creativity

Get out.

The reason why those games are similar is because they are in the same genre. The Banjo Kazooie series pretty much blows Super Mario 64 out of the water in atmosphere, level-design, art direction, and variety.

If you want to call that a ripoff, I call it a ripoff that surpasses the original.
Like Oreos. Much better than Hydrox cookies.

Cirdec said:
Nintendo got rid of Rare because their games were too similars with Nintendo games and they lacked creativity.
Rare doesn't make only 3D platformers you know?

Mario Party X said:
Cirdec said:
Yeah, what about Battletoads (2D beat-em-up), Killer Instinct (fighting), Donkey Kong Country 1-3 (2D platformers), the Land games (again, 2D platformers), Goldeneye (shooter), Diddy Kong Racing (racer), Perfect Dark (shooter), and (even though it came after Nintendo) Viva Pinata (life sim)?

Mario Party X said:
Cirdec said:

That's not my opinion, Nintendo really thought that and got rid of Rare for that reason.

Cirdec said:
Mario Party X said:
Cirdec said:

That's not my opinion, Nintendo really thought that and got rid of Rare for that reason.
If that's true, then that's a really shitty opinion.

I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

I think it was the best choice considering what happened to the company overtime.

Back