Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

literally everyone can post rumors on 4chan with little effort, it's getting old tbh

Recent 4chan announces new McDonald's amiibo!

First wave will feature Ronald, Hamburglar, Birdie, and Grimace.

Porky Minch said:
literally everyone can post rumors on 4chan with little effort, it's getting old tbh
"Getting" implies that it's only starting to.

I got a Donkey Kong, Mario and Diddy Kong amiibo for my b-day.

The stock so far is great, although that could be because it's the first day. This is my first time going the first day.

But hot damn, there was an entire table full of Bowser Jrs at my Toys R Us, and they had more than enough for everyone in line. They also had quite a bit of the others, but I didn't get those.

Having bought Jr, along with Maker, I went to Target just to look, not expecting to find anything. Sure enough, they had a handful of Dr. Marios left. So I got him too.

i went to walmart to get the colorful 8 bit mario (not nes palette) w/ mario maker
and i also went to toys r us to get zss
today was a good day
i think im gonna play after i get home from school

Got to target 2 minutes after it opened
and they were sold out of Ganondorf's amiibo

Went to Toys R Us 16 minutes after it opened
they were sold out (they got 6 ganondorf Amiibos)

Went to Gamestop 30 minutes after it opened
they were sold out (they got 4 ganondorf amiibos)

So instead I bought an Olimar amiibo and I sad bought an 8 bit Mario amiibo.

Haven't seen Ganon but managed to snag Bowser jr olimar, ZSS, and Dr Mario. The other day my brother got inkling boy amiibo so there's that as well

Local Toys R Us had 32 of Olimar, Dork, and Zamus while 100+ of Bowser Jr. I'm glad my twin and I snagged all four of them.

Looking at my amiibo, I think this wave has the best looking amiibo of all waves.

Olimar, for starters, is really beautiful. I really like the way his helmet looks and how it refracts light. His antenna is also really bendy and flexible, with the light on the top being translucent so it does a "glow" effect if you hold it under the light. The paint-job, as in all amiibo, is very well detailed and intricate. The Pikmin's stems are also flexible, so I like fiddling with that too.

Bowser Jr. has great detail to him too. His clown car is differently textured than the other paints, very similar to a plastic ball or some sort. I like how the black eyes are bumpy and that his shell is shiny compared to the rest of him.

Ganondorf is very well-detailed, perhaps one of the best detailed amiibo of all. The cape is done really superbly and the amiibo has all of those small details that makes you appreciate it even more.

Zero Suit Samus, I think, has the best face-mold and I really like how shiny and glossy her suit is.

I haven't gotten the others yet, and Dr. Mario is still in the process of getting shipped, but so far, I really really like this wave of amiibo.

amazon sent me my 8-bit mario w/ super mario maker

guess what, it unlocked super mario world in the amiibo classics app!

Baby Luigi said:
I haven't gotten the others yet, and Dr. Mario is still in the process of getting shipped, but so far, I really really like this wave of amiibo.

Dr. Mario is the only one that matters in this wave. ;)

Porky Minch said:
amazon sent me my 8-bit mario w/ super mario maker

guess what, it unlocked super mario world in the amiibo classics app!

Not as bad as having Sonic unlock Super Mario World

I got Dr. Mario in the mail today! Given, a part of his eyebrows are gone, but that's nothing a black Sharpie can't handle. Welcome to the Mario family, doctor!

Blue Yarn Yoshi is currently available again on german Amazon (check your Region maybe there too)!

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Palutena
Dr. Mario
Toad
Bowser (MP version because it looks da bess)
Robin
Wario
Ness
Marth
Lucina
Classic Mario
King Dedede
Olimar - sis

I now also own Lucina, Bowser, Dedede and Classic Mario. my sis bought olimar because she thought he looked cool with the helmet

hoping to get G&W this weekend

GBAToad said:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Palutena
Dr. Mario
Toad
Robin
Wario
Ness
Marth
Lucina
Classic Mario
King Dedede
Olimar - sis
Yeah, Smash Bros. version of that (and Peach's Smash Bros. version) looks pretty bad.

I also think Super Mario Mario and Dr. Mario has a much better face mold than Mario. And Super Mario Luigi > Smash Luigi.

b010sPa.jpg

Opened them all up to scan into Mario Maker and oh man my shame

Mario Party Δ said:
GBAToad said:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Palutena
Dr. Mario
Toad
Robin
Wario
Ness
Marth
Lucina
Classic Mario
King Dedede
Olimar - sis
Yeah, Smash Bros. version of that (and Peach's Smash Bros. version) looks pretty bad.

I also think Super Mario Mario and Dr. Mario has a much better face mold than Mario. And Super Mario Luigi > Smash Luigi.

I think the Smash Bowser has a much better pose.

Also in that Mario chess set the Bowser piece has the exact pose as the Super Mario Bowser.

If I had to choose between model quality or pose I'd choose the quality. I still like Smash Mario a lot, though. The fireball is nice. It's just that his face looks more... melted than the other Marios I have.

I found time to head to the nearest Toys R' Us which was over an hour away.

I left sad and dejected.

but i went for a burrito at a local place afterwards and that made me feel a little better

Back