Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

Yooka-Laylee said:
Magikrazy said:
985CLU9.jpg
Simpsons Amiibo <3
They're Kwik-E Mart exclusives PEZ dispensers lol

found a Villager amiibo today as i was going to get a Palutena amiibo so I bought it instead (because there were no Palutena amiibos left D:). the eyes are a little funny but otherwise HOLY SHIT YESSSSSS

now I've got Robin, Ness, Wario, Marth, and Villager (and Dr. Mario on preorder).

Palutena, Lucas, Roy, Wii Fit Trainer and maybe Mr. Game and Watch are the only other Smash amiibo I really want. Add Toad, Luigi, Isabelle and the Inkling amiibos to that and there's still a long way off before I've got all the amiibo I want to collect, but atm I'm really happy with the ones I have. :luigi:

Recently bought Mega Man amiibo and Pac-Man amiibo (along with Inkling Boy, Girl and Squid in a 3-pack bundle). I was going to buy the Rosalina & Luma amiibo but decided not to buy it because I already bought too much amiibo.

Lyn said:
GBAToad said:
now I've got Robin
tfw
m8 i've had robin for ages tho

also i'd just like to send my condolences to every american who is getting fucked over by the bullshit amiibo system you have

GBAToad, I'm sure you and Europeans have your own share of "difficult to get crap", do you? I mean, it's not like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer are exactly easy to get... oh, and that Pink Yarn Yoshi incident and the other destroyed shipments. :'(

If I get another opportunity to be at some of my stores, I'd show you how it's like.... it's not a wasteland, but it shows how very unimpressive our amiibos are.

Mario Party Δ said:
GBAToad, I'm sure you and Europeans have your own share of "difficult to get crap", do you? I mean, it's not like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer are exactly easy to get... oh, and that Pink Yarn Yoshi incident and the other destroyed shipments. :'(
i mean of course, but with recent restocks everything's certainly becoming much better than what it was. that might not last but for now it's pretty great. i'm still seeing heaps of 'rare' amiibo (rosalina, dedede, little mac, lucario, etc) in most stores and the restock was like, three weeks ago?

how nintendo's handling amiibos is garbage atm, but at least there's no store exclusives in aus. that's the bit i'm mostly talking about because i saw dark pit everywhere yesterday and yet you guys can't preorder, and have to go to a single store to get him.

dark pit and ganondorf have arrived <3 <3 <3
my collection is now:
-Marth
-Little Mac
-Shulk
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Inlking Girl
-Inkling Boy
-Inkling Squid
-Kirby
-Captain Falcon
-Yarn Yoshi
-Ganondorf
-Dark Pit

now I just need doctor mario to arrive and i'll have basically all the amiibo i was planning on getting. of course i doubt this'll be the last ones i'll get but oh well lol

I'm probably done collecting amiibo for now, unless my family decides to get Mario Party 10, in which case I'll get Toad, and a few of the Smash Bros versions of other Mario characters.

GBAToad said:
Mario Party Δ said:
i mean of course, but with recent restocks everything's certainly becoming much better than what it was. that might not last but for now it's pretty great. i'm still seeing heaps of 'rare' amiibo (rosalina, dedede, little mac, lucario, etc) in most stores and the restock was like, three weeks ago?

how nintendo's handling amiibos is garbage atm, but at least there's no store exclusives in aus. that's the bit i'm mostly talking about because i saw dark pit everywhere yesterday and yet you guys can't preorder, and have to go to a single store to get him.
Man, Rosalina, Dedede, Little Mac, and Lucario are extinct-in-the-wild here.

It doesn't feel real that you guys have Ganondorf and Dark Pit and Yarn Yoshi already...

Mario Party Δ said:
GBAToad said:
Mario Party Δ said:

Man, Rosalina, Dedede, Little Mac, and Lucario are extinct-in-the-wild here.

It doesn't feel real that you guys have Ganondorf and Dark Pit and Yarn Yoshi already...
Pfft try waiting until 2008 for SMRPG and 2013 for Earthbound

.....The vast majority of people, including myself, never got to play those games until then (barring emulators) because 1) you have to own a SNES and 2) because the cartridges for those two games go for insane prices on the web.

Another amiibo I want but most likely won't get. What happens if you scan it without the DLC? Does it give you the dlc because the amiibo costs like ten more dollars than the DLC?

Glitchy said:
Another amiibo I want but most likely won't get. What happens if you scan it without the DLC? Does it give you the dlc because the amiibo costs like ten more dollars than the DLC?

I don't think so because that means you can basically give the DLC character for free to anyone by scanning your amiibo.

I'd assume if you don't have the DLC, having a DLC Character's Amiibo doesn't unlock the character for you.

But you can still have that character as an AI Character to fight. Because by all means, technically DLC characters are attached to the game when you download the patches that came at the same time the characters were released. Which is why it doesn't take too long to download the characters when you purchase them they were literally downloaded with the patch, they just aren't playable (Or fightable in modes like Classic and All-Star) for you until you buy them. This is why you're capable of fighting people who do have the DLC characters online if you don't.

So, confession time: I never actually had a dedede amiibo. I thought he'd be common, but lo and behold he becomes a goddamn unicorn out of nowhere. So I hear about GameStop supposedly getting Ness and dedede restocks (already had Ness). I heard some GameStops breaking street date yesterday, so I go and turns out my GameStop has no idea when they're getting it in and tell me to come back tomorrow at noon, but I'm smart enough to know that that's bullshit. So I go to GameStop today at 9:30 (opens at 10) and there's one person there. Store opens and turns out they had 2....2 dedede....so I got one. Good thing I didn't wait until noon.

10/10 would restock again. Now my Kirby collection is complete until the inevitable Kirby amiibo line (please make one).

tl;dr: Got dedede. NoA can suck it. Please put Olimar, duck hunt, ROB, and Mr. Game and Watch for pre-order already so I can die in peace.

So, I heard in Australia, Princess Peach is actually rare. In the U.S., she's as common as dirt here. :eek:

My friend just got me a Dedede. He's so nice! The GameStop he waited at had, I think, 6 Dededes? I wasn't there because I thought my friend was going solo so he could be there as early as he could.

Baby Luigi and I have the following:

Ness (Fudge?)
Luigi Smash Bros. (Gay™)
Peach Smash Bros. (KissyPitch)
Luigi Mario (©Gay)
Bowser Smash Bros. (Wowser)
Mega Man (Megster)
Link (JOKE)
Pac-Man (SEFAVGC)
Wario (Cutie)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Dude)
Mario Smash Bros. (Fat*bleep*) <not censored; formerly Fatso!
Kirby (Y-bricks)
Bowser Mario (.... Wowza, I believe?)
Rosalina & Luma (Laserlina)
Mario Mario (Badass Fat) Badass Fatass wouldn't fit.
Peach Mario (don't even remember this one; Kissy? Pitch?)
Toon Link (The Failure!)
Silver Mario (Meal Mayo)
Yoshi (Poop)
Zelda (don't remember this one?)
Jigglypuff (Jiggles)
Diddy Kong ("Bidsters")
Sheik (Shook Shake?)

King Dedede (Eddy ♂)
Mr. Game & Watch (Mr. Gameonese / Gameonese if not enough space)
Dr. Mario (Dirty Doctor)
Olimar (Ollie)
Bowser Jr. (Bratty Boy)
Ganondorf (Ganondork)

It's a running joke that we say that Wario is the cutest thing in the world. Like, we say Wario is cuter than our cockatiel, Wario is cuter than Kirby, Wario is cuter than puppies, Wario is cuter than Baby Mario, etc....

SO I FOUND A WII FIT TRAINER AMIIBO IN-STORE A FEW DAYS AGO <3 <3 <3

i'm so freakin happy atm like WFT is legit the only amiibo that i never thought i'd have a chance at getting even though WFT is one of my mains and just YEEEEEEEEEEE

now it's just palutena i need to find. the rest of the amiibos i want are either common or able to be pre-ordered so yeah

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back