Top 5 Main 3D Mario Games

Wittgenstein said:
Well, there really isn't a single thing 3D Land does that 3D World doesn't also do, and much better.
Like an inferior main theme.

I enjoyed 3D Land more, the levels felt a lot simpler and I thought that was a better fit for the Point A to Point B style those 3D Land/World games have. 3D World wasn't bad, but I definitely didn't enjoy it as much in comparison.

Out of what I've played so far:

4. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario 64 DS
2. Super Mario Galaxy 1
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Yep, I've played not much. I still have Sunshine, 3D Land and 3D World left to play.

To me, I think Sunshine is very mediocre, it's nowhere near as great as 64 or the Galaxies.

3D Land and 3D World are okay but they're nowhere near as great as Galaxy 1 and 2, Sunshine and 64. 3D Land and 3D World just don't have that thriller of the Galaxy dualogy and they don't have that magnum opus charm that was last seen in Galaxy 2. Galaxy 2 was the last 3D Mario game to have that thriller charm in it for me though, but that's just my opinion.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 3D World
4. Super Mario Sunshine
5. Super Mario 64
6. Super Mario 3D Land

The Galaxy games are in a virtual tie for me. While the first game has better presentation, characterization, and story, Galaxy 2 just edges it by virtue of better level design. 3D World is the closest Mario game I've played to recapturing that feeling the Galaxy games gave me. Sunshine was a very pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting to like that one, but I ended up liking it very much. I've already told in the unpopular opinions thread that I think SM64 is overrated. And while 3D Land is fun, it's also a bit simplistic and repetitive, but it's almost as high as SM64.

Pwwnd123 said:
4. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario 64 DS
2. Super Mario Galaxy 1
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

5. Super Mario 3D World

Now that I played 3D World, I got to say that it is my least favorite game in the series and that's because it's too linear and it lacks that exploration factor that I have said before.

I wouldn't say the Galaxies exactly had exploration either.

Back