The Official Smash 5 Newcomers Suggestion Thread

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
This thread is dedicated to the potential newcomers of Smash 5. It's pretty simple.

I'd like Toad to be a newcomer (or Captain Toad), but I do agree that there are quite some Mario reps, so I'd like to balance it with other reps. Unfortunately, although I support more Link and Samus reps, I'm not knowledgeable about their series, so I'll support reasonable requests here.

Donkey Kong can have King K. Rool, Dixie, or even Cranky.

Wario can have Captain Syrup. She would be a great addition, imo, especially considering how underappreciated the Wario Land games appear IMO. Unfortunately, I don't know how WarioWare characters will work, but with some creativity, they can be managed.

Pokaymon can get the Pokaymon Trainer, where he uses Pokaymon as part of his attacks. I think it would be interesting to see how that turns out.

Rayman is something I'd like to see really. If there's going to be more 3rd party guests, Rayman feels like a painfully obvious choice to me. He'd fit right in Smash. To bring up Ubisoft's questionable business practices is just poisoning the well.

One crazy suggestion is Bayonetta, but it's crazy for a reason. Maybe we can play on stages from Bayonetta or Wonderful 101. Speaking of which, Wonderful 101 characters may also make for a great newcomer.

Dixie Kong
Baby Mario Bros.
Skull Kid
Ludicolo
a Pokémon from a future gen
Isabelle
Balloon Fighter
Ricky Winterborn
The girl from Splatoon
Bomberman
Black Shadow

Yeah, Pink Gold Peach is an intelligent decision.

Dinomic Duo said:
Paper Mario
Baby Mario
Dr. Luigi
Exploding Baby Luigi
I don't even

Mario Party X said:
I'd like Toad to be a newcomer (or Captain Toad), but I do agree that there are quite some Mario reps, so I'd like to balance it with other reps. Unfortunately, although I support more Link and Samus reps, I'm not knowledgeable about their series, so I'll support reasonable requests here.

Donkey Kong can have King K. Rool, Dixie, or even Cranky.

Wario can have Captain Syrup. She would be a great addition, imo, especially considering how underappreciated the Wario Land games appear IMO. Unfortunately, I don't know how WarioWare characters will work, but with some creativity, they can be managed.

Pokaymon can get the Pokaymon Trainer, where he uses Pokaymon as part of his attacks. I think it would be interesting to see how that turns out.

Rayman is something I'd like to see really. If there's going to be more 3rd party guests, Rayman feels like a painfully obvious choice to me. He'd fit right in Smash. To bring up Ubisoft's questionable business practices is just poisoning the well.

One crazy suggestion is Bayonetta, but it's crazy for a reason. Maybe we can play on stages from Bayonetta or Wonderful 101. Speaking of which, Wonderful 101 characters may also make for a great newcomer.
Toad should still be in.

I agree with Donkey Kong.

As much as I love the Wario Land games, Syrup might be a bit too far-fetched.

I actually want to see the Pokémon Trainer as an individual playable character. He/she has potential.

If Ubisoft stops bashing Nintendo like they have in the last few years, than maybe. Rayman would be awesome, though.

If The Wonderful 101 matures into a full series, it could happen. Bayonetta is too far-fetched, though.

Magikrazy said:
Dixie Kong Good.
Baby Mario Bros. No.
Skull Kid I'd rather have Tingle or Young Link.
Ludicolo It likely won't happen, but it would be awesome.
a Pokémon from a future gen Yes.
Isabelle Yes, sure.
Balloon Fighter Meh. I'd rather have another retro rep.
Ricky Winterborn Interesting.
The girl from Splatoon Inkling, and yes.
Bomberman Yes!
Black Shadow Sure, yes.

Meta Blastoise said:
RIDLEY!!!!!!!!

Also King K. Rool
*high fives*

Dinomic Duo said:
PINK GOLD PEACH just cause
*facepalm*

Mario Party X said:
Yeah, Pink Gold Peach is an intelligent decision.
I know this is likely sarcastic, but dang.

Abe should be in this.

Lumastar said:
Toad should still be in.

I actually want to see the Pokémon Trainer as an individual playable character. He/she has potential.

If Ubisoft stops bashing Nintendo like they have in the last few years, than maybe. Rayman would be awesome, though.

If The Wonderful 101 matures into a full series, it could happen. Bayonetta is too far-fetched, though.
Well, call Syrup far-fetched, but this is the series that brought us Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, etc. Surprises happen.

The makers and developers of Rayman had nothing to do with Ubisoft's crap. Hell, they even protested the delay of Rayman Legends due to shift from Wii U exclusive to multiplatform. So I think you're hurting them, but maybe it's just me.

As I said, Bayonetta is the crazy option.

Mario Party X said:
Lumastar said:
Toad should still be in.

The makers and developers of Rayman had nothing to do with Ubisoft's crap. Hell, they even protested the delay of Rayman Legends due to shift from Wii U exclusive to multiplatform. So I think you're hurting them, but maybe it's just me.
I love the developers of Rayman, hut they're not the ones making the deals as far as I know. Also, how am I hurting them?

Dinomic Duo said:
Also Rusty Iron Luigi and Yellow Silver Yoshi, and Goomba (just cause we all love goombas)
Any non-Mario suggestions?

still a bit too early for me to really support anyone in particular, but maybe some of these:

Toad
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Dark Samus since Ridley's probably never happening
<insert pokemon from whatever gen is the newest here>
Tom Nook
Dillon
Wonder Red
Splatoon character
Code Name S.T.E.A.M. character
Bomberman
Rayman

Dinomic Duo said:
Every individual Pikmin (and I've made a complete moveset for them all)
If that happens, it would mess up Olimar.

Magikrazy said:
No on Baby Mario Bros? Perhaps Kamek or Shy Guy?
Sure!

Meowth said:
still a bit too early for me to really support anyone in particular, but maybe some of these:

Toad Yes!
Dixie Kong Yes.
King K. Rool Yes!
Dark Samus since Ridley's probably never happening Yes.
<insert pokemon from whatever gen is the newest here> Yes!
Tom Nook Yes.
Dillon Eh, I think they're done with him. I could be wrong, though.
Wonder Red Yes.
Splatoon character Yes!
Code Name S.T.E.A.M. character Yes.
Bomberman Yes!
Rayman Yes!
You sir get an internet cookie!

Dinomic Duo said:
What's your opinion on Toad? Or Waluigi? Or Kamek? Or King Boo even

I'm gonna try to make realistic predictions.

Inkling: The most obvious and likely newcomer in my opinion. Nintendo is really pushing Splatoon and the inkling has a ton of potential for a moveset.
Henry: The main protagonist from the upcoming Code Name S.T.E.A.M. Regardless of how well it sells, I feel like he will be showing up.
New Pokemon: A new Pokemon from the newest generation at the time will also likely be playable. Be that Gen VII or VIII. Obviously can't name it now.
Bandanna Dee: With this particular Waddle Dee continuing to have roles in Kirby games with no signs of going away, he seems inevitable the next Kirby character.
Dixie Kong: I feel like Retro will make one last DKC game and round out a trilogy. Dixie would likely once again be playable. If K. Rool is the villain of said game, I can see both him and Dixie showing up in the next Smash game.
Marshal: There's evidence of a planned Rhythm Heaven character in Smash 4's files and there's another game in the series coming to 3DS. Either he or the Chorus Kids would be the best rep.
Cross: For those who don't know, this is the main protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles X. I can see him starring alongside or (unlikely) replacing Shulk next game. I think the first option is far more likely.
Toad: As much I feel we don't need a new Mario character, if we're talking realistically there is a chance. If not Toad himself, then Captain Toad. He starred in his own game, Super Mario 3D World, and both Galaxy games.
Impa: Zelda has been begging for a newcomer and honestly, she makes the most sense. Hopefully they go with Hyrule Warriors design and weapon-set.
Ridley: Ridley will always be my most requested character. While Sakurai may have stated his reasons for not including him, we must also remember that he dismissed Villager, Miis, and Pac-Man during Brawl because he felt they wouldn't fit in a fighting game.

Now for a few other predictions that are less likely, but still could happen.
King K. Rool: As I mentioned in the Dixie section, if retro truly does make a 3rd DK game and K. Rool returns to his status as the main villain, then I'll consider his inclusion pretty likely. If that does happen, and Dixie is also playable, I see them both being added in.
Krystal: If Krystal ends up playing a big part in the new Star fox game, then she may have a chance. What's more likely is either Wolf coming back or a brand new character all together.
Bayonetta: If Platinum Games decides to develop Bayonetta 3 and it is once again Nintendo exclusive, then I'd consider her the most likely 3rd party addition. Of course, that all depends on the possibility of another Bayonetta game.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Rhythm Heaven for some reason.

Though I'd rather have Karate Joe over Marshal or Chorus Kids nowadays.

I feel Marshal would be better for repping the game as whole. Karate Joe has fighting game potential, but I like the idea of Marshal kinda being like Game and Watch in that he pulls moves from various minigames to do his attacks.

I think Karate Joe would work better as a fighter, plus there's his recurring status.

I'd have no objections to Marshal though, either would be great.

well she'd be my choice if we absolutely had to have a fourth KI character

Back