The Official Smash 5 Newcomers Suggestion Thread

Viridi was my favorite character in Uprising and when there's no more characters that I really want to be playable for a series my next choice tends to default to my favorite character

9-Volt would be my pick for a second WarioWare character for pretty much the same reason

While I'll never be too upset as long as Sonic remains in Smash. I'd love it if they brought Tails in as well. I think Smash 5 has the potential to break a few unofficial rules (For better or for worse, as that may include cutting those we'd think would be safe by now). Including those on 3rd Parties having only one rep.

Assuming Sonic comes back for Smash 5 (Which I think he will), the Sonic franchise will have had been in more then half the games and is easily one of the most popular franchises to be included. I think for Smash 5 it's due for an expansion besides more trophies, music and only one additional new stage. Give it a character or two. Nothing could possibly top the overwhelming Nostalgia of Mario Vs. Sonic Vs. Mega Man Vs. Pac-Man, but one of the possible iconic gaming duo doubles matches between Mario & LuigI Vs. Sonic & Tails would be awesome in it's own right I think.

Project M is actually planning on adding Knuckles.

Think of him as the Ganondorf to Sonic's Captain falcon, but with a gliding mechanic.

GalacticPetey said:
Project M is actually planning on adding Knuckles.

Think of him as the Ganondorf to Sonic's Captain falcon, but with a gliding mechanic.

Eh, I'd still rather have Tails. I feel he's more iconic then Knuckles is. I'll still give Knux a shot if that happens though. And I suppose I'd take Knuckles over *shudder* Shadow

I have to say that I only want newcomers that actually bring something new to the table and are interesting. That's something I really liked about the newcomers this time around: they're all interesting (except for Dark Pit and Lucina). Rosalina has Luma, Duck Hunt is a trio, Robin has his books, etc.

That being said, there's also something that can't be ignored, and it's how popular characters are. My choices would be:

Toad: I don't really like the idea of Toad being playable, but it's undeniable that he deserves the spot. He could be the smallest character (a few inches smaller than Olimar) and the third fastest after Sonic and Captain Falcon. I don't care about Peach's B move, as they can easily change that Toad or even have two Toads at the same time for all Sakurai cares.

Paper Mario: Mario having eight reps, LOL. Paper Mario could be a unique character with a very interesting moveset. He could even glide (given that feature comes back) by transforming into the paper plane we saw in Thousand-Year Door.

Dixie Kong: without a doubt the third most important character in the Donkey Kong universe. She could use her ponytail to float like Peach but with a little twist so both of them stay unique.

Cranky Kong: another iconic Donkey Kong character that would be hilarious to fight against. An old monkey that smacks people with a cane... Hahahaha.

King K. Rool: I'm not really sure about this one since he's fallen into irrelevancy lately. However, if he gets a role in a new Donkey Kong game he should really be in. I see him more as a boss, though...

Impa: the only Zelda character that's not already in who deserves a spot. She's been in pretty much every Zelda game and would play similary to Sheik but with several differences. Not even a semi-clone.

Krystal: once again, it all depends on how relevant she is by the time Smash 5 comes out. If she's featured in the upcoming Star Fox Wii U game, let her in. If she doesn't, they might as well leave her out.

Inkling: this is an obvious one for the next game.

New Pokémon: because we're sure to get the "it" Pokémon when the new Smash comes out.

Now the cuts. It's obvious I want Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit out. They should have stayed as alternate costumes as it was originally intended.

Really the only character I'm really hoping for is K. Rool.

Paper Mario, Impa, or Inkling are also really nice suggestions IMO.

Inkling: obvious choice.
Waddle Dee: is my most wanted newcomer and will always be. They could do some neat stuff with the spear.
Captain Toad: Certainly more unique than just Toad and that would solve the "issue" of Peach's Side-B. He could incorporate the pickaxe and stuff.

That's really all I'm hoping for.

Captain Toad can't jump though.

Also, why is Peach's Neutral B the sole reason Toad can't be in? There's more than one Toad.

Also, I made an 8x8 roster and here are the newcomers.
Toad
Dixie Kong
Kamek
Tom Nook
Young Link
Black Shadow
Ludicolo
New Mon
Trainer (different trainer, also he fights not the mons)
Ricky Winterborn
Inkling
Marshal
Bomberman
Rayman

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina
Peach
Paper Mario

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

LoZ:
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Young Link
Impa

Kirby:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Greninja
Lucario
Gen 8 rep

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Rayman
Pac-Man
Sora

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Robin
New protagonist

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Pikimin:
Olimar

Nazo...xcfrrdzsrfggghiiihxas (I don't know):
Takamaru

Splatoon:
Whatever the protagonist's name will be

Metroid:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Animal Crossing:
Villager

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Ice Climbers:
Ice Climbers

Random characters:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt
Monita

New character to constantly troll about other than Mickey Mouse (Which I won't):
Finn

Top 10 most wanted:

1. Birdo: Just wishful thinking. I will even accept Yoshi skin.

2. Ridley: No explanation needed.

3. Isaac: I still want him even though he'll now be a Robin clone.

4. Tom Nook: I feel like he'll be fun to play as. Even though there will be no way the second rep of Animal Crossing would be anyone else except Isabelle.

5. Crash Bandicoot: I would rather have Spyro, but if there would be a Sony rep, it would be Crash, and I would be ok with that. Very ok.

6. King K Rool: One of two DK reps that need to happen. I love King K Rool and I think he could be really fun playing.

7. Dixie Kong: Considering that Dixie is so much better than Diddy in every single way, she deserves a spot. Now.

8. Kamek: I feel like Yoshi needs a new rep, and what is a better rep than a magic-using reptile? NO ONE. Kamek would be amazing.

9. Duster: Although I like Kumatora more than Duster, Duster's moveset would be much more unique, and I feel like he would be amazing.

10. EEVEE AND ALL OF THE EEVEELUTIONS. ALL OF THEM!!!: Because Wyanaut.

Pyro said:
Captain Toad: Certainly more unique than just Toad and that would solve the "issue" of Peach's Side-B. He could incorporate the pickaxe and stuff
wonder how peach's ass causes any problems

DragonFreak said:
Magikrazy said:
How would a Birdo skin work on Yoshi?
Magic duh.
Egg Lay wouldn't make sense because eggs don't come out their butt; they come out their mouths.

Egg Throw would also make no sense because Birdoes don't throw eggs.

Magikrazy said:
DragonFreak said:
Magikrazy said:
How would a Birdo skin work on Yoshi?
Magic duh.
Egg Lay wouldn't make sense because eggs don't come out their butt; they come out their mouths.

Egg Throw would also make no sense because Birdoes don't throw eggs.
Egg Lay could work like this:

Egg Throw could have Birdo shooting the egg out of her mouth.

Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:
Top 10 most wanted:
7. Dixie Kong: Considering that Dixie is so much better than Diddy in every single way, she deserves a spot. Now.
When you get a Wii U (you will one day, right?), you're going to love Tropical Freeze. Diddy Kong is useless compared to Dixie and Cranky.
It's like that in all DK games with Dixie (to my knowledge). Although I suck at DK games because the platforming is just too much for me :/

Lumastar said:
I've watched that video probably too many times :P

DragonFreak said:
Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:
Top 10 most wanted:
When you get a Wii U (you will one day, right?), you're going to love Tropical Freeze. Diddy Kong is useless compared to Dixie and Cranky.
It's like that in all DK games with Dixie (to my knowledge). Although I suck at DK games because the platforming is just too much for me :/
Well, Dixie is so OP in Tropical Freeze. Trust me! Though if you hate challenging platformers, then you're going to have a time with Tropical Freeze. I still love the game. It might even beat Smash Wii U for me, and that's saying a lot!

Back