The Official Smash 5 Newcomers Suggestion Thread

Yeah I have never beaten a DK game because the platforming is too hard for me, and I just suck at platformers. Which is a shame, because the parts of the games I have played of them have one of the best platforming. Oh well.

Bandana Dee

King K.Rool

Cranky Kong

Ganon

And BJ Blazkowicz cuz why not?

Lumastar said:
All of those would be awesome, but the last one is never going to happen.

I know, but the idea greatly amuses me.

Nintendo could actually get something good out of the entirety of Capcom. Mega Man's just the tip of the iceburg. They could get more men and women, they could have more fighting games under their belt, they could have more mature games (for the bros!), and they could keep mostly-exclusive or even completely exclusive franchises (Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney come to mind).

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
I heard Nintendo might be the company to purchase Megaman so...Zero for Smash!
Is Capcom selling the IP?
If they die, they'll have to. Watch Sony buy it.

DragonFreak said:
4. Tom Nook: I feel like he'll be fun to play as. Even though there will be no way the second rep of Animal Crossing would be anyone else except Isabelle.
Whilst Isabelle has the Assist Trophy thing maybe going for her, I think Tom Nook is still the most likely second Animal Crossing rep seeing as he's appeared in all of the games and generally plays a major(ish) part in them.

I was bored and did a mock up of what Smash 5 could look like.

0bOVBaJ.png

The Pokemon and Fire Emblem icons are placeholders for new characters from those respective franchies. Likely a gen VII Pokemon and the Fire Emblem Fates protagonist. The second Shulk is the protagonist of XenoBlade Chronicles X. That separate row is DLC characters.

Also, I'd probably bring in Black Shadow to be a clone of Captain Falcon, give him Melee Ganondorf's moves. Then give Ganon some more dark magic moves.

I know this is one Smash 5 newcomers, but I didn't think of really wanting to make a seperate thread for all this.

Considering Nintendo's use of DLC. I can imagine when a Smash 5 comes. There might be a period where the initial roster seems like it has alot of cuts even ones that would be blasphemous if they happened in an earlier time so they can spend more time on whatever newcomers they're working on. But that's because they're saving characters for DLC.

Personally I think with the debut of DLC in Smash 4. The idea of cutting has lost some of it's possibility aside from those who have the concern such as Technical limitations on a particular console (Ice Climbers) or issues regarding to licensing or the company is falling under hard times (Snake). But remove those problems and you know those characters are back too (Snake's return would be a lot harder though considering)

But anyway, the idea is that there's less need to be afraid of a character being cut completely. Cause even if they're not in the initial roster they'll probably show up later as DLC. Sure, people would still be pissed that they weren't there from the beginning. But I imagine as long as they end up in the game, they're not really cut per se.

Though considering DLC likely extends the life of Smash 4, it may be a long while til' we get to a true Smash 5. But if/when that day comes I think it will be DLC galore then.

Back