Rate the Mario Kart Track Day 187: DS Cheep Cheep Beach from Mario Kart 8

DS Cheep Cheep Beach from Mario Kart 8

• Total voters
Re: Rate the Mario Kart Track Day 169: Mario Kart Stadium from Mario Kart 8

Mario Party Δ said:
winstein said:
10 out of 10!

As Mario Kart first stages go, this is the best, most inviting and well-presented race track. Though the audience are in 2D, there are so many of them that makes this place look festive.

Thanks for reading.
Rending all the audience in 3D would create a huge hit to the framerate. Just look at Strikers Charged.

I understood that. I have to say that this is not a problem for me because I acknowledged that this is the reason for this limitation.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading.

When is the poll going to change to Water Park?

Eri Ayase said:
winstein said:
Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading.

thanks for reading
"Thanks for reading" is pretty much a meme here by now.

Mario Kart Stadium gets a solid 7.

Next up is Water Park

Re: Rate the Mario Kart Track Day 170: Water Park from Mario Kart 8

6/10. It's okay, but it could have its water theme park concept expanded.

7.8/10 too much water

jokes aside, 6/10, it's okay

Day 170: Water Park from Mario Kart 8

I will give Water Park a 6. I think we were all expecting more for a track called Water Park. Instead, we get this. I don't mind a Submarine Coaster, Aqua Cups, & Wario Wheel, but there were no water slides of any sort! After that, it's still good looking, but still a beginner and lacks stuff.

Strategies: The only things that will work here is only spinboost off the coaster on the straightaways and drift on the inside of the loop. Try to use a Mushroom through the Aqua Cups. Avoid that Ticket Booth near the end.

I'll give it 7/10, it's a pretty cool track imo, but I wish it was a bit more exciting. Also I misclicked and pressed 8/10, so could you could it as 7/10 instead?

Glitchy said:
I'll give it 7/10, it's a pretty cool track imo, but I wish it was a bit more exciting. Also I misclicked and pressed 8/10, so could you could it as 7/10 instead?

The only way I could do that is erase all the results so far, unless a mod can do something.

MarioKartTracker said:
Glitchy said:

The only way I could do that is erase all the results so far, unless a mod can do something.

I meant when you calculate the results, count my 8/10 as a 7/10 instead.

Water Park gets a 6.29

Next up is Sweet Sweet Canyon

Re: Rate the Mario Kart Track Day 171: Sweet Sweet Canyon from Mario Kart 8

Day 171: Sweet Sweet Canyon from Mario Kart 8

I will give Sweet Sweet Canyon a 7. I love the design of the track being cake in some parts and I wish I could eat the track. I wonder if Nintendo watched Wreck It Ralph and got the idea from Sugar Rush in the movie. There are signs saying Peach & Daisy Royal Pattiserie (sp?) and Princess Orange soda which is the underwater segment in this track.

Strategies: I really don't have much to say here. The paths that split are the same length, but each one has a spot where you can use a Mushroom to speed through. Be careful with the Donut Shortcut, you might hit the wall after. I recommend only using that shortcut with a Golden Mushroom, a Star, or Triple Mushrooms. Better yet, avoid it altogether, especially in 200cc.

8 out of 10.

Really loved the confectionery theme of this course, though there are some spots where you will be at a disadvantage if someone strikes you with good timing (namely, the rocket blast to the cake and the doughnut shortcut).

Thanks for reading.

9/10 Very original.

5/10 Meh.

8/10

It's (no pun intended) a pretty sweet track.

Sweet Sweet Canyon gets a 6.78

Next up is Thwomp Ruins

Re: Rate the Mario Kart Track Day 172: Thwomp Ruins from Mario Kart 8

OK track, but I hate the song.

Day 172: Thwomp Ruins from Mario Kart 8

I will give Thwomp Ruins an 8. I do like the ruins idea to be much better than one that would be in a desert. There are some cool antigravity walls here as well. Not to mention, the gliding section in the middle gets knocked over like dominos when a rolling stone (no pun intended) goes over.

Strategies: Try the ramp at the beginning with a mushroom (in 200cc, you don't need one). As tempting as it looks, do not use the antigravity wall in the temple. For laps 1 & 2, use the antigravity walls and for lap 3, use the gliding panel. ALWAYS go for the shortcut near the end.

8 out of 10.

Interesting that it's this track and not Bowser's Castle this time that has Thwomps. I wonder if it's not a Mario Kart game without a track involving Thwomps, due to it appearing in every Mario Kart game without fail.

Thanks for reading.

4/10 Even more meh than diabetes land.

Back