Great awesome Japanese imports that you think people should get their hands on

GBAToad said:
I wouldn't mind importing Tomodachi Collection DS if I had the money and patience, but it's apparently not as good
Well, it isn't, but the Engrish text is downright hilarious from what I've read.

Fatal Frame IV

Fatal_Frame_IV.jpg

Is Gradius Gaiden another great import game to mention?

Jump Ultimate Stars? I guess that sounds like a lot of fun for anime fans.

Pepsiman for the Sony PlayStation 1 is an import game that became a phenomenon. Is it considered a phenomenon?

Mario Party X said:

its basically like smash except for shounen jump fans

it is different but there are some similarities

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
Is Gradius Gaiden another great import game to mention?

Gradius Gaiden is a fantastic shmup, the best in its series, and a great case study in how to put clever twists on familiar tropes.

... It was also released in the west by proxy of the PSP collection, so I dunno if it counts tho.

110583_front.jpg

Only game I've ever imported.

+Great graphx
+gudd mission design
+fantastic mobile suits rosters
+both feddie and zekes campaign
+cuztomization (not armored core level, but satisfactory)
-grindy
-can't fire head vulcans and primaries at the same time

Zae Eildus said:
Mario Party X said:

That's what my brother had said.

I watched him play it, it's hard to understand what's going on in that game. I know that there are three versions: laughter, intelligence, and power, and they counter each other, like in Pokaymon. Right?

Mario Party X said:
Zae Eildus said:
Mario Party X said:

That's what my brother had said.

I watched him play it, it's hard to understand what's going on in that game. I know that there are three versions: laughter, intelligence, and power, and they counter each other, like in Pokaymon. Right?

i ony played a little bit of it so im not entirely sure

Castlevania Rondo of Blood was an amazing import game from what I've played of it. Akumajou Dracula X68000 was alright and was certainly amazing too. But I liked the MIDI options of the latter. To be honest, the SNES Dracula X port of Rondo of Blood sucks and isn't as good as the original. Dracula X on SNES had a lot of things from Rondo of Blood shaved off so it isn't very good. Super Castlevania IV was far better than Dracula X.

Wrecking Crew 98 sounds like a decent import game, right?

I think Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is easy to get due to it's remake Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP which was released overseas, and also due to the Virtual Console but I don't count those two re-releases. I like Rondo of Blood but I prefer Symphony of the Night.

Here is an odd import.

Star Parodier is an awesome Japanese import.

149967-Star_Parodia_(NTSC-J)-1.jpg

It's a fun sh'mup. Highly recommended if you're into sh'mups.

I think Tales of Phantasia for the Super Famicom is a great import. Man is this game a technical marvel in its own right.

The FE games prior to FE7 are cool. FE4 and FE5 in particular are great games that need a remake. FE6 is also my second favorite FE game.

Things that would be nice if they were localized over here in some form:

~ The other four Starfy games we didn't get.
~ Freshly-Picked Tingle Rosy Rupeeland (Yes it also came out in Europe, but not over here) and Ripened Tingle Balloon Trip of Love.
~ Doshin the Giant and it's 64DD Sequel.
~ [Obligatory Mother 3 slot]
~ GameCenter CX: Arino no Chōsenjō 2 (Watched Vinny from Vinesauce stream it a few years ago, looks pretty dope.)
~ Captain Rainbow

Back