Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem If Thread

Lyn said:
814RvDgsnwL._AA1200_.jpg
81WP1YldkkL._AA1200_.jpg

Didn't know they were making new pokemon games.

Each version has exclusive characters, if you want to use them all, get both versions.

Cirdec said:
Each version has exclusive characters, if you want to use them all, get both versions.
If they going to go full pokemon: trade version exclusives between games ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/fire-emblem-if-dancers-song-translation/

or at least said:
From a vague lineage
Comes a hand that will reach toward a light
Opening a path to tomorrow
The un-corruptable golden sword
Will slash those hopes from their slumber
And lead to prosperity
That soft light will scatter
And chase the darkness away
Like a one man sunrise

Oh jeez, this game.

I really kinda maybe sorta hope a little bit that Intsys fixes the mistakes they made with Awakening in this one, for reals. The Nohr/Hoshido stuff sounds cool but they shouldn't have split it into two games, especially if they're gonna switch around story elements in each one.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/12/fire-emblem-if-adds-easier-modes-and-no-longer-has-limited-weapon-usage/

'phoenix mode - revives units one turn after death' lol
limited weapon uses have been dropped as well

i'm hoping the maps are tougher to compensate for the latter. i kinda liked casual mode because FE:A was my first fire emblem and it helped ease me into the game but phoenix mode sounds way too easy

nintendo pls don't split the versions overseas

>Phoenix Mode easier than Casual

:^| the name gives off a "harder mode" vibe

I'll definately be playing on Classic mode. Not only is it what i'm used to, but I at least want some challenge.

nowadays I tend to grind a fuckton when playing RPGs until I become invincible, so easier difficulty that will probably result from infinite weapon uses doesn't really bother me. not playing phoenix mode though lol

I honestly think they've just gone wrong at this point.

Casual mode was fine because it eased people in and wasn't too different from the standard formula.

But Phoenix mode, that just breaks completely away from that and just promotes more recklessness, almost in an Advance Wars style which is not the route I think the series should ever take, even optionally. I can't understand why anyone would even want to play on this mode... granted I'll never touch it so it doesn't really bother me, pfft.

On the other hand, the removal of limited weapon uses is such a horrible decision and I desperately pray they reconsider that move, or at least make that a kind of mode so players aren't forced to adapt to even lesser levels of strategy. If not, I'm obliged to slap whoever ultimately pitched this idea because their design sense sucks.

This news kind of destroyed my hype a bit, but I'm still hoping they can compensate by giving us harder maps overall if they really want to go along with forcing something so foolish on to everyone.

THE BABY said:
>Phoenix Mode easier than Casual

:^| the name gives off a "harder mode" vibe
A Phoenix rises from the ashes is reborn after time, it makes perfect sense.

For once in my life, I agree with Ice completely. I don't like the decision to abolish the number of uses on an item at all. It completely removes a sense of strategical gameplay in the series which has also been a key part of the series for the longest time. As tedious as it probably is, one of my favorite things to do in any of the games is figuring out the best weapons to put on units and having to adjust to how many times you can use that weapon. It's such a fun part of the series and I will be SO upset if they make this a mandatory change.

Also, Phoenix mode is just ridiculous. I was fine with Casual Mode in Awakening, I honestly thought it was a very good decision to implement it and I even had it on in my Awakening playthrough (although I still treated it like it wasn't casual, basically restarted my save file whenever a unit died). But Phoenix is just ridiculous. Stop babying people through the damn game. There's a reason why you made casual in the first place.

I'm still really looking forward to this game, but these are just really bad choices on Intelligent Systems' part, and I do really, really hope the abolishing uses of weapons thing is made optional. It's horrible.

I will reserve judgment for when I see the gameplay in its entirety. It is possible they're planning to implement new features that clash with the traditional weapon duration system. If keeping said system were to clutter up the experience, removing it would be a sensible move.

They better deliver an interesting alternative though.

As for the Phoenix mode: It sounds pretty dumb, but I'm just not gonna use it. Problem solved.

tbh i think i'm glad they've removed weapon uses, mainly because i can finally use a special weapon that i like without worrying about not being able to get it again (book of naga, etc.) plus now i won't feel stupid every time a forged weapon that i spent 10000G+ on breaks (if forging returns, i hope it does). i hope the game's base difficulty is increased to compensate, but like edo i think i'll reserve judgment until i actually see a bit more gameplay.

Don't care that limited uses is gone, people already pointed it out in those analysis things that it wasn't present anyway so it's just some confirmation. I don't care about a mode I won't use, but that's a sick name.

Kyon said:
people already pointed it out in those analysis things that it wasn't present anyway so it's just some confirmation.
Huh, I actually forgot about that.

Still not a fan of them forcing the removal, but:

GBAToad said:
tbh i think i'm glad they've removed weapon uses, mainly because i can finally use a special weapon that i like without worrying about not being able to get it again (book of naga, etc.)
I can agree with this, I barely used those in Awakening, pfft.

I think like some others around the web have said, lack of durability will be good as long as they don't throw 1 million god-powerful weapons at you. That way you don't just sweep the map because everyone on your team has an infinite-use Brave weapon while the opposing team are still using Steel and other C-tier weapons.

On the other hand, I hope they don't save all the good and interesting weapons until like the last three chapters.

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/fire-emblem-if-changes-up-the-weapon-triangle#AzRcMvUof1gydd6S.99

but more importantly, there's a great butler class omg

edit:eek:r maybe not but still butlers

Back