Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: New Fire Emblem game (title not available)

#teamnohr

2016, the wait is murder, the hype is real.

Mumbo Jumbo said:
totally doing two save file playthroughs at the same time
Per.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/250251-japan-fire-emblem-if-releasing-in-two-separate-versions
apparently its two seperate versions in japan
when they were describing it i thought it was going to be a 'make descisions in game that affect which side youre on' but maybe not....?
idk maybe somethings been lost in translation.......
i guess we'll know by 2016 anyway

Hanayo Koizumi said:
i guess we'll know by 2016 anyway
Apparently a June 25th release for them according to the Japanese Nintendo Direct, we'll know a lot sooner.

ok so what ive gathered is that in japan:
-two versions of the game. one story for each side
-buy one story, get the other as discounted dlc
-theres also a third dlc story
-theres a limited edition that has all three stories plus extra merch stuff
-both games are the same up until chapter 6
-if you get the eShop version, you get both stories and can choose which side youre on after chapter 6 (which is irreversible, apparently)

seems like an odd arrangement, but that seems to be how it works

sooo im assuming that when they bring it west they'll just have one version, which will be like the eShop version.

I'll probably be getting the digital version then. Funny because I also got Awakening digital due to the lack of copies in Canada.

Wait never mind I'll get that limited edition version, I didn't see it at first.

oh btw this is just in japan, no word on the rest of the world yet. sorry, shouldve clarified

lol I had the good guys and the bad guys mixed up this entire time. I though Hoshido was Nohr and vice versa.

Well, if it's just a single game over here then I'll just go with whoever seems the most chill. I'm not really fussed about the release date since I'm not too hyped for this.

Maki Nishikino said:
lol I had the good guys and the bad guys mixed up this entire time. I though Hoshido was Nohr and vice versa.

tbh I wasn't expecting them to be so black and white about it upfront.

This may be the first Fire Emblem game I play

some interesting tidbits i found on serenes forest:
http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/

in regards to how the two versions work, it seems like i wasnt quite right about the download version. turns out that by 'irreversible' it actually means you cant choose the opposite side from what you chose until you get the dlc.

other highlights:
-hoshido gives you chances to level up and earn funds outside of the main story. so in other words, its gonna be like awakening in that there'll probably be a world map and something akin to risen challenges
-nohr has higher difficulty and has limited opportunities for gaining exp and funds. so basically classic fire emblem style
-finally, the third, dlc exlclusive campaign has you siding with neither hoshido or nohr, which comes out later. no word on what theyre doing with the exp stuff for this one

as an aside, the site apparently emphasises that individually each of the two versions has about as much content as awakening did, so i guess its not like youre buying half a game if you only get one version (and also i guess itd be a good bargain if youre paying a discounted dlc price for what apparently doubles your game...)

also i like how the avatar this time is a lord who can turn into a dragon thing. its a nice change of pace

the dragon idea is neat but idk if i like the antelope-esque style of it

Oh is that what the differences are. I never grinded in Awakening anyway so I guess either is fine. I like the look of Nohr better anyway. I also like the sound of that third one.

I didn't even realize that was the avatar who was transforming, pfft.

I love what they're doing with the different modes; one is like most Fire Emblem games in which you don't have a world map to grind on in between chapters, while the other is lack a select few games where you are given that world map to infinitely grind on. Some may argue forcing them on one side like this is a bad idea, but I honestly like it and think the sides they've given each style to make a lot of sense.

NEED

goddamn this game looks amazing, I'm personally hoping we get the single combined version instead of separate versions but whatever. my friend was hoping there'd be a third story where you could choose neither, so that actually being a thing is p. cool

#teamhoshido

atm i'm probably gonna choose hoshido and then nohr, since i like doing things from easiest to hardest when i play video games. but idk maybe once i play i might change my mind (i remember playing sacred stones and initially i was gonna choose eirika's path but then i changed my mind and chose ephraim's instead so maybe i'll do the same this time)
if there wasn't the fact that the two stories have different difficulties then from what we know atm i would probably go with nohr tho. they seem like they'll have a more interesting story than hoshido which seems like it'll be more along the lines of a typical FE story (but i like the whole ancient japanese style hoshido has, thats pretty cool)

Back