Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation) It's here!!!

I just picked up my Conquest preorder and downloaded Birthright. I am so hyped.

alright is it finally time to catch recruit, train and trade fire emblem units?

horses tbh said:
alright is it finally time to catch recruit, train and trade fire emblem units?

and don't forget amie them... oh wait

okay so

I preordered Conquest but it somehow got messed up and wound up with Birthright instead. That doesn't really bother me as I'm going to play both anyway. Not going to complain since at least I have the game now.

Up to Chapter 8 so far, thoroughly enjoying it. Plot's doing a good job of making me question who's right or wrong and giving me a little case of the feels along the way. Favorite character so far is Saizo because he's the edgelord ninja.

Nohr Chapter 10 is probably my favourite chapter in the series. It's so well designed and requires a lot of strategy. As for characters, I like Arthur, Selena, Elise and Jakob the most so far.

I kinda regret naming the avatar after myself. You have all these characters like Kaze, Saizo, Orochi, Ryoma, Subaki, and.... Justin. It kinda takes me out of it just a bit. :P

Also the "Before Awakening" map is fun. As much as I enjoy this game so far, I kinda miss Chrom and the gang.

I think they shouldn't have connected the new ranged triangle to the melee triangle personally.

Yeah now some melee weapons are weak to some ranged weapons which I forget about so often and end up putting my units in danger accidentally.

DragonFreak said:
Yeah now some melee weapons are weak to some ranged weapons which I forget about so often and end up putting my units in danger accidentally.

use the background colors. the primary color will let you know what weapon type it is and the color at the very bottom shows you what weapon type it's best against.

Yeah I actually just realized that yesterday. They probably explained it but I quickly just skipped that text because I forgot the weapon triangle changed.

It's still tripping me up.

So I'm still at Chapter 10, but I'm still finding it extremely fun and I'm able to find a new strategy everytime I lose the chapter. I'm able to hold the defenses together perfectly until everything goes to shit and Takumi uses the Dragon Vein. One time, though, I was able to make it to Turn 11 (when the chapter ends) and then Effie died. I was worried she was going to die, but there was literally nothing I could do since Elise couldn't move (so she couldn't Rescue Effie or Freeze an enemy) so I picked a god and prayed.

Birthright Ch. 13 is dicks.

It has like, 2 waves of enemies, one headed up by Hans and the other by Camilla. Wave one is easy and you can use a Dragon Vein to take out Hans. The second wave doesn't move and to get into attack range and by doing that, you get into Camilla's range and she just fucks everything up for me. Also, she has Bowbreaker in her skill set and ugh.

I'm up to Conquest Ch. 9 and if Birthright is giving me this much of a hard time I fear what's waiting for me on this route...

Threek said:
Birthright Ch. 13 is dicks.

It has like, 2 waves of enemies, one headed up by Hans and the other by Camilla. Wave one is easy and you can use a Dragon Vein to take out Hans. The second wave doesn't move and to get into attack range and by doing that, you get into Camilla's range and she just fucks everything up for me. Also, she has Bowbreaker in her skill set and ugh.

I'm up to Conquest Ch. 9 and if Birthright is giving me this much of a hard time I fear what's waiting for me on this route...

Wait until you play Conquest Chapter 10.

I beat Chapter 10, finally. I also got two S-Rank Supports, Effie/Arthur and Corrin/Silas.

Let me tell you.

At least in Kongquest, chapter 12's map is the second worst FE map that I've played. Talk about having everything stacked against you.

Chapter 12 is really good from what I've played, actually. It requires you to play quickly and not to turtle, and that is very important in a map in my opinion. The potions are an interesting gimmick too. Definitely one of the better maps I've played for a while, and better than any map Awakening had.

did we play the same map? I felt like it was very poorly designed.

Not to mention that one of, actually not the most, relied on unit was unusable

DragonFreak said:
Not to mention that one of, actually not the most, relied on unit was unusable

That requires you to rethink your strategy, then. It requires you to play quickly, use the map to your advantage to get past quickly (the Dragon's Veins), and if you play too slowly, your punished with reinforcements. Also, to get the chests, you put your team in risk so you need to choose between the items or keeping yourself safe. The tension is perfect for an Escape Map.

So I was watching my brother play Birthright and...

Holy SHIT Flora's death. That was depressing.

Back