Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation) It's here!!!

oh i should have elaborated

see how the enemy has a 1% chance of a crit?

yeah

I've been RNG screwed before but come on, now.

oh fuck 1% crits (my theme agrees)

I stopped playing FE6 for like a week before because Rutger was killed by a 1% crit and I was almost done Chapter 7 (which is a really annoying chapter)

EDIT: lol I was playing Chapter 24 earlier and halfway through the map Selena got hit by an 8% hit rate and died

Ok, now I've beaten Conquest.

Gameplay and objectives were good, I like several of the Conquest characters, but I prefer the Hoshido cast more, but that story...

Jesus, the story is absolutely dreadful. I heard it sucked, but man. I don't think I'll revisit it except to get some of the path exclusive conversations.

Onto Revelation.

So I'm playing Birthright and the maps aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Reminds of FE8 where the maps are pretty okay but the enemies are way too weak. The story is a huge improvement. Corrin is a much cooler character in Birthright.

Glitchy said:
So I'm playing Birthright and the maps aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Reminds of FE8 where the maps are pretty okay but the enemies are way too weak. The story is a huge improvement. Corrin is a much cooler character in Birthright.

I haven't done so yet, but I heard in harder difficulties, there tends to be more enemies in Birthright, while Conquest enemies tend to get more skills, and Revelation enemies actually do get higher stats, so it's interesting that they specifically made each game have their own variation of difficulty.

I prefer Conquest's skill difficulty. Having skills make you double check every enemy and plan around their skills.

i got fucked by my inability to look at skills when i was playing chapter 11 of conq

thanks azama

GBAToad said:
welp eb games removed the special edition from their website after the direct
damn it
holy shit they got a restock that'll ship in june and i just preordered mine, hopefully it'll arrive before the end of june

please don't fall through

I married Azama and just got the kid, Mitama and she's amazing. She almost speaks entirely in haiku and she's almost as much of an ass as her father.

^I haven't gotten Mitama yet, but Azama's great.

Just beat Revelation.

That final boss....christ, could they have maybe not given it so much hp...

Edit: Overall, while Conquest's story was bad and some other minor qualms in each path, I really enjoyed the game overall and look forward to the upcoming dlc and whatever Nintendo and Intelligent Systems has in store for future FE games.....like TMS#FE....

im actually intrigued by TMS#FE and have it pre-ordered lol

Oboro said:
^I haven't gotten Mitama yet, but Azama's great.

I love Azama, as soon as I heard his private quarters line "Well that was a spirited discussion! I'm sorry you're completely wrong about everything." I knew I had to marry Corrin off to him. He's amazing as a unit when reclassed to Dread Fighter too, his strength is ridiculous.

if any european users care, there's a sale on all fire emblem games and awakening dlc this week

I'm definitely picking up FE7 and maybe some dlc for awakening (champions and golden, i'm thinking)

theres no sale for fire emblem games rn though

at least i didnt find anything and ive browsed the 3DS eshop for some time earlier today

maybe in the wii u one idk but definately not in the one that has awakening because it doesnt show up in the sales

(else id probably have gotten it)

whoops i should mention it starts this week when the eshop updates tomorrow soz

Finally finished Conquest.

Casualties were kept to a minimum (sorry shura but i'm not playing that awful wind tribe stage for the fifth time) until endgame which wiped out a small chunk of my units. Whatever, I'll play it again later without any deaths.

Gonna hold off on Revelations for a bit. Feeling kinda burnt out on Fates for now.

Threek said:
(sorry shura but i'm not playing that awful wind tribe stage for the fifth time)

shoulda gone for the boots

Threek said:
(sorry shura but i'm not playing that awful wind tribe stage for the fifth time

Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride is one hell of a wild ride indeed.

WVW69jF8cnse3zi2jl

holy shit rinkah calm down

so much justice

I find this epic.

Uggh, Revelations Chapter 24 must be one of my least favourite chapters in the entire series. Those stealth mechanics were really poorly explained.

wow mega bump but the second shipment of Fates Special Edition was bumped up to launch date so provided mine arrives on Saturday I can't wait to finally play this, having lasted nearly six months of avoiding spoilers

anyone have a spoiler-free (if such a thing exists) guide to obtaining every character? who do i need to marry corrin to, basically

iirc all the units you recruit are either automatically recruited by simply playing through the game or via talking to conspicuous characters who usually have a quote at the beginning of each chapter. the exception to is this some child units (e.g. Forest) who have a specific unlock condition that is explicitly stated at the beginning of their respective chapters

GBAToad said:
who do i need to marry corrin to, basically
not Nyx

Peri said:
iirc all the units you recruit are either automatically recruited by simply playing through the game or via talking to conspicuous characters who usually have a quote at the beginning of each chapter. the exception to is this some child units (e.g. Forest) who have a specific unlock condition that is explicitly stated at the beginning of their respective chapters
yeah i'm actually more worried about accessing the chapters for the child units since i heard that there was an issue with the male/female ratio in the game and that if I marry Corrin to someone who isn't corrinsexual then i'll miss out on a child basically, is that true?

Back