Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation) It's here!!!

If you want all the children you can only marry Male Corrin to a corrinsexual or a child unit. I don't think Female Corrin has any problems like this.

she doesn't. i'm pretty sure I unlocked everyone and I married Jakob/Niles (who aren't corrinsexual/child units)

F!Corrin doesn't have any problems. I married Corrin to Silas on Conquest, Azama on Birthright and Laslow on Revs and I still have the potential to get every kid (I haven't unlocked every kid on any file but I could if I wanted to).

Also I find the existance of Corrinsexuals silly. There's no reason people like Reina, Flora, Scarlet, Izana and Gunther should be limited to one support for no reason.

If you want all the children you can only marry Male Corrin to a corrinsexual or a child unit. I don't think Female Corrin has any problems like this.
she doesn't. i'm pretty sure I unlocked everyone and I married Jakob/Niles (who aren't corrinsexual/child units)
F!Corrin doesn't have any problems. I married Corrin to Silas on Conquest, Azama on Birthright and Laslow on Revs and I still have the potential to get every kid (I haven't unlocked every kid on any file but I could if I wanted to).
ok thanks, I'll keep all of that in mind when i'm playing shipping simulator

i'm planning to go birthright (M!Corrin) -> conquest (F!Corrin) -> revelations (M!Corrin...maybe) and do classic for all, might consider hard difficulty for birthright and revelations but definitely normal for conquest

so excited
now i need to rush to finish FE7 before then

Glitchy said:
Also I find the existance of Corrinsexuals silly. There's no reason people like Reina, Flora, Scarlet, Izana and Gunther should be limited to one support for no reason.
also anna
less support writing i suppose

So I started Revelation before going on my trip and I'm getting to the point where my army has units from both sides. You guys weren't kidding about the unit balance, holy crap. It takes a special kind of bad programming where Effie of all people starts off terrible.

also i married subaki and selena for the sheer awkwardness of her having caeldori as a kid

As someone whose all-time favorite series is Fire Emblem and is heavily interested in trying Fates at some point (hopefully within the year), how do you guys recommend going about playing these games with Birthright, Conquest, and Revelations? Is there a specific order you should play them in, is there one you should start out with first, etc.? Also, how do these games compare to Awakening? I wasn't too big on Awakening compared to previous Fire Emblem games so I'm a bit curious if it's better/worse/the same in any way.

IMO Revalation is best when done last, but it really doesn't matter much which order you play them in.

Awakening and Fates are similar though Fates does add features that Awakening didn't have. as a whole Fates is better than Awakening (though Awakening is still an A+ game) but individually neither of the versions is as good as Awakening. however, whether or not Fates is better than Awakening is completely subjective, so whether or not you'll like it more depends entirely on you

basically

Birthright is more like Awakening in that there are multiple grinding opportunities.

Conquest is more like most of the older titles with a more linear structure and no chances to grind. Has more varied mission objectives, as well. Also has Odin.
thumbup.gif

Haven't finished Revelation yet but it seems to be a mix of both. You can grind but the maps seem a bit harder than Birthright's. Or maybe I just suck, idk.

The pair-up mechanic also isn't nearly as overpowered as it was in Awakening.

Kirstie Maldonado said:
As someone whose all-time favorite series is Fire Emblem and is heavily interested in trying Fates at some point (hopefully within the year), how do you guys recommend going about playing these games with Birthright, Conquest, and Revelations? Is there a specific order you should play them in, is there one you should start out with first, etc.? Also, how do these games compare to Awakening? I wasn't too big on Awakening compared to previous Fire Emblem games so I'm a bit curious if it's better/worse/the same in any way.

Fates improves on Awakening a lot imo, there's still a lot of pandering stuff and waifu mechanics, but the gameplay is more of a return to the classic style in Conquest and has more strategic depth with extremely varied objectives (yay defend and escape return!) and a huge focus on skills. I would definitely place its gameplay among top 5 or even top 3 among the entire series.
Birthright is more Awakeningy with big, boring open maps with enemies placed randomly and everything is route or kill boss (there's one escape but it's a really lol map that is trivialised by pairing Corn with a flier) and Revelations is absolutely awful gameplay-wise, half of the units are almost unusable and the maps are gimmicky pieces of shit with snow shovelling simulators and ambush hallway shit. The story isn't really that great in any route, and it's notably bad in Conquest, at least in my experience.

EDIT: Oh and if you were planning on playing Birthright, be sure to A-Support your Corrin with Kaze, it's important.

honestly I didn't mind the unit imbalance in Revelation. it made the game more challenging and therefore more enjoyable

also Conquest easily had the best plot of the three versions imo. it felt unique and emotional since Corrin actually did bad stuff for the greater good instead of the usual I NEVER DO ANYTHING EVIL, CHECK OUT MY BONER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Making Odin and Arthur absolutely useless isn't "fun", it prevents people from using their favourite characters. Lowmanning doesn't make the game harder either, in fact it makes the game easier because all you need to do in revelations is spam Corn, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Camilla and Leo and win. In Conquest you had to plan around your whole party because everyone could contribute. Even weak units like Nyx and Mozu could man the fire orb/ballista in Chapter 10. In Revelations you just bench everyone except the royals causing them to become even more powerful. Also the unit imbalance is lazy. Most characters just have their base stats from Birthright/Conquest with a few small and irrelevant bonuses and were placed in a later chapter. It's lazy to take Odin's base stats from Chapter 8 Conquest, and place them in Chapter 17 Revelations with small boosts. I doubt Revelations was even throughly balance checked.

I would rather have difficulty like Conquest, where it's mind-numbingly hard, but everyone is viable, and you're forced to use all your characters and resources to win. CQ Chapter 10 is an excellent example where it's a very hard map, that forces you to use every one of your characters to win.

oh

and here i am using kaden/kagero and saizo/beruka like an idiot

Glitchy said:
Making Odin and Arthur absolutely useless isn't "fun", it prevents people from using their favourite characters. Lowmanning doesn't make the game harder either, in fact it makes the game easier because all you need to do in revelations is spam Corn, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Camilla and Leo and win. In Conquest you had to plan around your whole party because everyone could contribute. Even weak units like Nyx and Mozu could man the fire orb/ballista in Chapter 10. In Revelations you just bench everyone except the royals causing them to become even more powerful. Also the unit imbalance is lazy. Most characters just have their base stats from Birthright/Conquest with a few small and irrelevant bonuses and were placed in a later chapter. It's lazy to take Odin's base stats from Chapter 8 Conquest, and place them in Chapter 17 Revelations with small boosts. I doubt Revelations was even throughly balance checked.

I would rather have difficulty like Conquest, where it's mind-numbingly hard, but everyone is viable, and you're forced to use all your characters and resources to win. CQ Chapter 10 is an excellent example where it's a very hard map, that forces you to use every one of your characters to win.
I didn't find that many of the characters to be completely useless in Revelation, especially after grinding with them (although they were still weak). I only spammed the really powerful characters during like the last three chapters. so for the majority of the game I was mainly using the weaker units, ergo it actually was hard/fun for me and it definitely wasn't easier. but I do agree that Conquest is better gameplay-wise

My special edition came yesterday, I am going to be starting it tomorrow.

I am doing conquest first, and am planning on marrying Jakob. At least this game should keep me busy for a while.

got mine on saturday but I have assignments and exams to finish first before I can even open it

must resist urge to be the oceans gray waves (destined to seek life beyond the shore just out of reach)

Ask me three months ago and I would've said i'd buy it insta. I'll get it eventually but I haven't even started Disgaea and I need to beat Symphonia three more times. I have less time to play games now anyway.

I'll probably only play Conquest and then leave the others for some other time. No interest in the DLC.

Ok I have started playing.

Doing conquest atm as I'm going straight into the challenge.

First playthrough will probably be quite casual as I won't fuss over perfect units/perfect supports and just play it through and see how it turns out. I'm going to marry Jakob this time.

I am enjoying it so far, the temporary units business is kind of annoying at the start as its like I don't want to use certain units since I know you don't keep them meaning I try and have mu do everything, but now I am on a path that should stop eventually I hope. I will play more later and probably end up playing for hours on end like I always do.

Ok I am currently having major problems with Conquest chapter 10, as I cannot seem to complete it. I usually get to turn 9 or 10 and then someone dies. I am finding conquest tough as a whole, but does anyone have any tips on dealing with the enemy overload at the end?

i can't really articulate my thoughts about this game well enough so just know that I love this game so fucking much and that Oboro, Azama and Midori are The Best Characters.

i will probably post detailed thoughts once I finish Birthright

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=36947.msg1843387

As was mentioned in this topic at least 1 billion years ago, I will be trying to host a Fire Emblem Fates tournament this year so if you are even remotely interested in being able to smack each other's lords around with Killer equipment then please express your interest in the thread I've linked above

Some features!!!:
- Swiss-style tournament of 1v1 online matches, 5 units each and a small variety of maps to choose from.
- Restrictions on certain skills/units that can be used (affects Replicate, Galeforce, Warp, Lethality, Breaker abilities, etc.
- Takumi

so yes if you want this to exist then please offer thoughts on the rules I've given so that I can make it fun and balanced for everyone. :ashley:

So I was able to beat Conquest on Classic Hard mode.

How does the difficulty of that compare to Birthright's modes?

Like for instance, I'm thinking to maintain the level of challenge, to go into it blindly at Classic Lunatic. Would that comparatively be harder or easier than Conquest's Classic Hard?

Lyn said:
So I was able to beat Conquest on Classic Hard mode.

How does the difficulty of that compare to Birthright's modes?

Like for instance, I'm thinking to maintain the level of challenge, to go into it blindly at Classic Lunatic. Would that comparatively be harder or easier than Conquest's Classic Hard?

Birthright Lunatic is far, far, far easier than Conquest Hard. It's a joke really. Ryoma Takumi and Corrin just break it in half.

thinking of picking this up. how good is it?

Back