Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright and Conquest)

Honoka Kousaka said:
Threek said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/237208-fire-emblem-fates-includes-suggestive-dialogue-party-member-prod

hahahahahahaha oh man what
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i think they may change this in the localization process because nintendo of america (and europe)
Just put curtains on everything, problem solved.

Oh and surprise! Online play is in this game. No idea why this wasn't marketed at all.

Japanese gamers got a big surprise with their copy of Fire Emblem Fates in the form of an unannounced online multiplayer function. Online matches can be played with friends, random players, or locally. Battles consist of 5 characters on each team drawn from a player's save file from any point in the game. In addition, you can set standard rules or place limitations like no items or no hero promotions. There will be no fog of war and each player will have 5 minutes to take their turn.
The five maps for online multiplayer are called "Mountain Village," "Opera House," "Destroyed City," "Crumbled Fortress," and "Palace," and each will have a Dragon Vein feature and destructible objects. You can also play in either player's My Castle. Players can decide on a handicap, and after the battle is over you will have a choice to blacklist the other player for bad behavior.

Pfft, I heard about that and thought it was spoken of in the spoilers so left it be.

Threek said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/237208-fire-emblem-fates-includes-suggestive-dialogue-party-member-prod

hahahahahahaha oh man what

The girl is sexy.
FaceB10_NL.png

Maki Nishikino said:
Oh and surprise! Online play is in this game. No idea why this wasn't marketed at all.

Japanese gamers got a big surprise with their copy of Fire Emblem Fates in the form of an unannounced online multiplayer function. Online matches can be played with friends, random players, or locally. Battles consist of 5 characters on each team drawn from a player's save file from any point in the game. In addition, you can set standard rules or place limitations like no items or no hero promotions. There will be no fog of war and each player will have 5 minutes to take their turn.
The five maps for online multiplayer are called “Mountain Village,” “Opera House,” “Destroyed City,” “Crumbled Fortress,” and “Palace,” and each will have a Dragon Vein feature and destructible objects. You can also play in either player's My Castle. Players can decide on a handicap, and after the battle is over you will have a choice to blacklist the other player for bad behavior.
This is awesome, but i agree it is odd they seemingly never brought it up before. Maybe they did mention it somewhere but most people missed it. IDK.

EDIT: Wait, it might have been in the Japanese pre3 Nintendo Direct. I remember seeing something in it that might have been this mode in action.

If that was in it we would've seen it described or something during the translated version.

Lyn said:
If that was in it we would've seen it described or something during the translated version.
We didn't get a full direct translation, but a Mini-Direct did air here in North America at least. I don't remember Fire Emblem being in it.

I remember one part during the My Castle segment of the Japanese Direct showing a fight in the player's castle, and I think there was indeed five characters on the player's side.

The fight in the castle was StreetPass, because unless Palace = My Castle (I honestly really doubt this), it would contradict what we know about it.

Lyn said:
because unless Palace = My Castle (I honestly really doubt this), it would contradict what we know about it.

???

Maki Nishikino said:
The five maps for online multiplayer are called “Mountain Village,” “Opera House,” “Destroyed City,” “Crumbled Fortress,” and “Palace,” and each will have a Dragon Vein feature and destructible objects. You can also play in either player's My Castle. Players can decide on a handicap, and after the battle is over you will have a choice to blacklist the other player for bad behavior.

Lyn said:
The fight in the castle was StreetPass, because unless Palace = My Castle (I honestly really doubt this), it would contradict what we know about it.

Japanese gamers got a big surprise with their copy of Fire Emblem Fates in the form of an unannounced online multiplayer function. Online matches can be played with friends, random players, or locally. Battles consist of 5 characters on each team drawn from a player's save file from any point in the game. In addition, you can set standard rules or place limitations like no items or no hero promotions. There will be no fog of war and each player will have 5 minutes to take their turn. The five maps for online multiplayer are called “Mountain Village,” “Opera House,” “Destroyed City,” “Crumbled Fortress,” and “Palace,” and each will have a Dragon Vein feature and destructible objects. You can also play in either player's My Castle. Players can decide on a handicap, and after the battle is over you will have a choice to blacklist the other player for bad behavior.

YES YES YES YESSSSSS

O
N
L
I
N
E

O N L I N E B O Y S

YESSSSS

i need this game so badly

Maki Nishikino said:

if this is not going to be mariowiki game night dlc i will cry myself to sleep

we need a fire emblem fates awards tourney next year

Oh pfft my mind didn't click there.

Even so though, if you're thinking of what I'm thinking of, I'm 100% certain there was not five allied units and waaaaaay more than five enemy units, and that it was StreetPass because they would not just gloss over the online multiplayer if they were to have footage of it.

GBAToad said:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES NOHR

GBAToad said:
inb4 everybody recruits a bunch of streetpass Kamui's and makes an OP Kamuix5 team.

Marth is the hard counter to Kamuix5. The meta has already begun.

man if i'm still around next year then i'll gladly organise it because this mode sounds really fun

five on five isn't very large but it'll still be amazing

Maki Nishikino said:
Marth is the hard counter to Kamuix5. The meta has already begun.
face-rubbing is too op pls nerf

The power of lewd dialogue is too strong, the localisation team will probably nerf it.

Also I'm salty, I was spoiled of an event in the games.

Granted it was really heavily implied but still. :I

What part were you spoiled about?

Actually I don't know how you would manage to avoid every spoiler since it'll be a long time before english release. I gave up instantly so I could enjoy the hype with everyone else.

i'm remaining in the dark about everything except character's appearances and names. it's going to be a long 6+ months :I

I don't feel comfortable mentioning it unless you've fully watched both campaigns.

GBAToad said:
i'm remaining in the dark about everything except character's appearances and names. it's going to be a long 6+ months :I
^I can try. ;-;

Lyn said:
I don't feel comfortable mentioning it unless you've fully watched both campaigns.
I haven't watched them all because streamers take their time doing story stuff, too busy grinding supports/face-rubbing. But I do pretty much know everything that happens in both, vaguely. At least all the major stuff.

Back