Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright and Conquest)

Haruichi Kominato said:
Glitchy said:
Crocodile Dippy said:

Maybe he's supposed to be this game's Lucius / Libra character.

And Grey looks just like Gaius.
yeah, I was going to bring up that FE does have a tendency of having 'very androgynous/feminine looking guys who are easily mistaken as girls, but state they are male in game' (Libra/Lucius) but idk since I haven't seen the full details so can't really make a full judgement on the issue...

And yes, Grey does look like Gaius, I am so glad my fave three FEA characters get lookalikes in fates (Cordelia, Gaius and Inigo)
Foleo just seems to be a guy with an appreciation for cute clothes. From the few supports I've seen, the characters all seem to understand that he's a boy from the beginning though there might be a few that start that way that I haven't seen. His support conversation with Benoit's child is adorable.

Speaking of children, Odin and Ophelia's support conversation was great. Odin's great. Ophelia's great. Those two are great.

Someone hacked their way into the third path DLC, apparently it's already finished but it's still being held back for a month. Supposedly, it's more along the lines of Nohr's difficulty (or even harder? They were being very vague).

Maki Nishikino said:
Someone hacked their way into the third path DLC, apparently it's already finished but it's still being held back for a month. Supposedly, it's more along the lines of Nohr's difficulty (or even harder? They were being very vague).
Pfffft these people.

EDIT: Can someone remind what this (FE14 music) is based on, I feel like it's FE8's Colosseum theme or maybe something FE1(1) but I actually don't know, rip.

Lyn said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Pfffft these people.

EDIT: Can someone remind what this (FE14 music) is based on, I feel like it's FE8's Colosseum theme or maybe something FE1(1) but I actually don't know, rip.

I believe that played when you fight the Marth Amiibo so that would mean FE1 i think.

By the way, the amiibo fights aren't easy if Marth is any indication so you can't just put in your Marth/Ike/Robin/Lucina early on and be all like 'let me just get these strong units and break the game'. Unless you're playing phoenix but at that point you're already broken.

can i just say that the title screen version of aqua's song is beautiful

Maki Nishikino said:
I believe that played when you fight the Marth Amiibo so that would mean FE1 i think.
Okay thanks.

Maki Nishikino said:
By the way, the amiibo fights aren't easy if Marth is any indication so you can't just put in your Marth/Ike/Robin/Lucina early on and be all like 'let me just get these strong units and break the game'. Unless you're playing phoenix but at that point you're already broken.
mfw not mentioning Roy

GBAToad said:
11/11 those instruments make it so serene.

Lyn said:
Maki Nishikino said:
mfw not mentioning Roy
There's no Roy portrait in the ripped files/Roy amiibo isn't even out yet/you can't break the game with something that isn't in the game to begin with/no music for a Roy fight/shuddup/etc.

Maki Nishikino said:
Lyn said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Pfffft these people.

Yeah, it's definitely the FE1 attack theme.

Also, apparently I was confusing FE1 and FE2, the FE8 Colosseum theme is a remix of FE2's initial battle theme.

Some minor DLC is being found but nobody is really sure if the second one is real or not, well nobody is questioning it at least.
Beach DLC w/ Camilla, Elise, Hinoka and Sakura pictures.
Map based on Awakening's second chapter that has Chrom, Freddy and Lissa as ally units that you can talk to.

Lyn said:
GBAToad said:
11/11 those instruments make it so serene.
it's a shame we'll be getting the crappy english version of that with the disjointed lyrics

the title screen itself is also beautiful compared to awakenings

But in Awakening, you could opt for the Japanese voices as a setting.

So that's probably the same here, meaning we'll likely have easy access to this too.

Lyn said:
But in Awakening, you could opt for the Japanese voices as a setting.

So that's probably the same here, meaning we'll likely have easy access to this too.
what i did not know this

holy shit i hope so

I don't care for the slower paced versions of Aqua's Song. The crazy intense one was great (barely even heard the Aqua's Song in it tbh) and the grand sounding one was good. The other three I just couldn't care about even when I tried.

I do love the field battle theme though, the one that plays during SpotPass battles.

Maki Nishikino said:
Some minor DLC is being found but nobody is really sure if the second one is real or not, well nobody is questioning it at least.
Map based on Awakening's second chapter that has Chrom, Freddy and Lissa as ally units that you can talk to.
Adding onto this, it seems that the second DLC here seems to give out a Masked Lucina with Solitary+ (seems to be a upgraded version of one of the Tactician class skills) according to this Miiverse post.

The game is actually out in Japan now btw, not sure if that's already been covered here.

Honoka Kousaka said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Adding onto this, it seems that the second DLC here seems to give out a Masked Lucina with Solitary+ (seems to be a upgraded version of one of the Tactician class skills) according to this Miiverse post.

The game is actually out in Japan now btw, not sure if that's already been covered here.
Those are FE Chipher card units, they work just like amiibo except they're from the FE cipher cards. The only ones I've seen scanned in so far are the Marth, Masked Lucina and Minerva cards. At the very least, Minerva has a model that hasn't been seen on any of the other playable units so that could mean; it's the default enemy Pegasus Warrior model, it's what a unit re-classed into Pegasus Warrior looks like or it's actually just a unique model for the card itself. Really pulling for the latter because spotpass/DLC units in Awakening looked like garbage.

Whether we get those in the english version or not depends on how they decide to handle the FE Cipher cards.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237208-fire-emblem-fates-includes-suggestive-dialogue-party-member-prod

hahahahahahaha oh man what

Yeah that was all the r/fireemblem front page was for a while. Debates about whether FE is ruined forever or how it'll be localised. It was hilarious, but now that plot details and support conversations have started becoming the main topic I haven't really seen it being mentioned.

I'm neutral to all the fanservice tbh, I'm not going to pull the 'it's optional' argument since it's there and whether it's optional or not doesn't change that it exists now. I wouldn't be surprised if they just slap an M rating on it all things considered, I'd actually be okay with that since more than anything I hate the feeling that; regardless of what it is, content has been removed. Though I'd be fine with having the s-rank dialogue toned down, some of them get a little heated.

Also if you're impatient, here's a Kamui creator; http://kamuicustomizer.appspot.com/

The male name is Corrin. That might be the female name as well, I don't know.

Threek said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/237208-fire-emblem-fates-includes-suggestive-dialogue-party-member-prod

hahahahahahaha oh man what
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i think they may change this in the localization process because nintendo of america (and europe)

Back