Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem If Thread

Eri Ayase said:
well if its not people would get spoiled

cmon

Just a little interesting thing someone noticed;
feif-sakura-mikoto.jpg

The left is Sakura's promoted form from that card game they were making, the right is really similar in design (and its not circled but they're both equipped with shields) so that pretty much means Mikoto is a promoted priestess.

idk if this means she's able to be recruited, or if she's a boss, or just that she uses that model. Time will tell.

Oh yeah, so its been revealed the official name for this is 'Fire Emblem: Fates'

yeah this was legit the only thing that remotely excited me throughout that whole presentation (aside from being able to use amiibo to unlock playable characters in mario maker)

any more english info yet or nah

There was a very small bit of new stuff in that trailer. Little sister from Nohr was crying and apparently Kamui can't control his dragon thingy? I think the main girl was like 'dont look at me' or something along those lines, idr.

That was the first time we heard english voices I think?

Re: Fire Emblem Fates Thread

DragonFreak said:
Told you guys that If wasn't going to be the official title :P

Also wait, did it say anything about two games or one?

well of course, but i'm not sure if i like the subtitle Fates more than If :I

it still seems to be one game but that could change closer to release

the cutscenes look fantastic though

Glitchy said:
What the fuck is Kamui's voice. I hope it's changeable.

that was my initial reaction, the rest of the voices sound alright but kamui's is off-putting.

though i'm pretty sure you'll be able to change his voice so hopefully there'll be better options.

I didn't mind whatever the initial part where he's like 'i wont surrender' but the ah part afterwards made me laugh because it just sounded so awkward. I'm sure I'll warm up to it, it's not great but it's not terrible.

Oh and apparently it's two versions in the west as well. The version names are Birthright & Conquest. http://serenesforest.net/2015/06/16/fire-emblem-fates-releasing-two-separate-versions-west/ Riots in 3... 2... 1...

I don't really mind the two versions thing in all honesty, it's dumb but in the end there's likely to be a bundle for both right? I'll just get that. If I can't then I'll get Nohr because that's the one I'm interested in.

Class Trailers as well;
Someone pointed it out on reddit but Charlotte's Berserker outfit is surprisingly not too skimpy considering what her portrait looks like and that Berserkers aren't in the habit of wearing much clothing. I like the unique ending poses everyone has. I don't remember if they were like that in Awakening since I only remember Chrom having an ending pose worth mentioning.

Ok so I watched the first minute or so of that demo so far and the person said that after a few chapters you can choose a path and branch off. So in total for both games there are 4 different paths?

I hope there is a list of differences. Maybe the differences will only be like a Pokemon thing were some items and units are exculsive. I kind of hope so, because there was nothing too different in the other version of Pokemon games that made me go "OMG I need the other version now"

DragonFreak said:
Ok so I watched the first minute or so of that demo so far and the person said that after a few chapters you can choose a path and branch off. So in total for both games there are 4 different paths?

I hope there is a list of differences. Maybe the differences will only be like a Pokemon thing were some items and units are exculsive. I kind of hope so, because there was nothing too different in the other version of Pokemon games that made me go "OMG I need the other version now"
I took everything the players said with a large grain of salt.

By a path they could just mean a game, which would keep in tune with the aforementioned three paths in total (Nohr, Hoshido and Neither).

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright and Conquest)

I mean demonstration.

THOUGH NINTENDO SHOULD STILL SEND OUT A DEMO

DragonFreak said:
You get a few chapters into the game then choose between Nohr and Hoshido (or whichever one you're locked into if you purchase the non-digital version) and then you're locked in permanently unless you buy the other version. There's also that third path that Ice mentioned that is apparently coming as future DLC where you choose neither.

You can go to the japanese site to see which units are exclusive or this image. So far there are seven units (or six, since someone mentioned your gender decides whether you get the maid or the butler on the treehouse so I assume you can't have both) that you can get regardless of which version and 15 unique to each side. No idea what's going on with the Nohr/Hoshido rulers.

You can grind for exp in the Hoshido path if you want, Nohr doesn't have that option. Each version will have 28 levels. Other than those, the only other differences we know of so far are the obvious ones like each side having a different storyline and different classes.

Oh and My Castle probably has some small differences between versions.

DragonFreak said:

well from basically everything they've said, the games are exactly the same until the 6th chapter and then they go completely different. iirc there's different stories, different maps, different difficulties and different units (although some are shared across both, and characters from the other stories will probably appear as bosses or something i'd say...)

so yea, the pokemon comparison isn't really the best. i'd say its more akin to something like the oracle zelda games? i havent actually played them so i dont know how much they link up with each other
Maki Nishikino said:

from what i can tell so far, you don't get experience or money in My Castle, but idk what else.

Maki Nishikino said:
Several exclusive items that probably lead to exclusive weapons, and it obviously looks drastically different between Nohr and Hoshido which is probably the reason for that.

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright and Conquest)

http://serenesforest.net/2015/06/18/marriage-fire-emblem-fates/

figured marriage would be back, but the children are a surprise. i'd rather the mother determine the child instead of the father tho

Back