Favourite bosses from the mario series?

Speaking of Mario Party, I enjoyed Frightmare from Mario Party 5

Baby Luigi said:

Its the best boss in any MP game thats for sure.

GalacticPetey said:
Was praying for him to appear in MK8 but no such luck.

Maybe next time.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

Its the best boss in any MP game thats for sure.
I kind of liked the Mario Party 4 one if the lava in the giant cube didn't stress me out, and that Bowser is pretty lame.

I like the Mario Party 9 one too.

That one wasn't bad either, though it gave Bowser one of his more bizarre attacks, which were the flaming boomerangs.

Tryclyde
Blizzaurus
Cackletta
Boom Boom
Roy Koopa
King Croacus
Shadow Sirens
Hisstocrat
Domino (SMRPG)
Kamella

Which reminds me how much I loved the Super Mario Bros. 2 bosses...

Baby Luigi said:
Which reminds me how much I loved the Super Mario Bros. 2 bosses...

All except for Wart.

Stanley the Troll said:
Wart may not have been much back then, but seeing him again would definitely be a breath of fresh air.

No it wouldn't. He was bland and boring even back then.

Mcmadness said:
Stanley the Troll said:
Wart may not have been much back then, but seeing him again would definitely be a breath of fresh air.

No it wouldn't. He was bland and boring even back then.
Well, he could be given something new if we ever see him again.

Why bother? Everything about him is lackluster. Might as well just make something new like they do for most bosses.

yeah wart was boring as shit in most aspects and was actually like the easiest boss in the game

Mcmadness said:
Why bother? Everything about him is lackluster. Might as well just make something new like they do for most bosses.
Sounds like circular reasoning.

Not really. His entire concept isn't all that great. Just a generic frog king who shoots bubbles. If they wanted to make that interesting they'd basically have to overhaul it from the ground up. Which is a waste of time for something that wasn't even that good to begin with.

An even more LAME boss is prince Froggy. I mean he's just an enemy for god's sake! And you have to kill it JUST THROUGH HIS STOMACH. Lame.

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Kamek
Salvo the Slime
King Bob-omb
Goomboss
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Lemmy Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Boom Boom
Shadow Queen
Fawful

Uugh so many.

Thwompinalltheway said:
An even more LAME boss is prince Froggy. I mean he's just an enemy for god's sake! And you have to kill it JUST THROUGH HIS STOMACH. Lame.
In the Super Mario-Kun, they go through everything. Including the colon.

When it comes to bosses, Mario should really take some cues from shovel knight.

hell mario should take cue from indie games in general

my twin played spelunky and i start wondering what if mario had a randomly generated platforming level like that?

It would be interesting thats for sure.

But the reason I say shovel knight in particular for bosses is that if anyone whose played it knows, the best way to fight bosses in shovel knight besides certain relics is to jump on their heads. They are also fast paced with large emphasis on jumping around, just like Mario so I think a similar style (slightly altered to fit Mario's style) would be ideal for bosses, at least for 2D platformers.

Back