Favourite bosses from the mario series?

Thwompinalltheway

The question marks are upon us!
Banned User
YES! So i'm a new member. Name's thwompinalltheway. I'm a child. I checked the rules of the board. and it DIDN'T say ANYTHING about me not allowed to join if i'm under 13. ANYWAY: WHO is your favourite boss from the Mario series? Maybe the Whomp king. Maybe Hisstocrat. Maybe Bowser jr. i dunno. DISCUSS.

Well, the bosses weren't very spectacular to begin with, in any given Mario game I've played. That being said, I do like Mario Party 5 boss from Frightmare. I don't know, Bowser's throwing electric balls that go boom and send shockwaves. And you pick up bright balls and throw them in his face.

Wario should be a boss more so everyone can have the same opportunity to make him say "D'oh, I missed". :P

The Elder Shroob Princess

Bowser in SMW
Megahammer
Mecha Bowser
Bowser in NSMBU
Baby Bowser yoshi's island
Bowser in Paper Mario
Bowser X

Welcome to the Mario Boards, thwompinalltheway. oh what fun it is to ride in a one yoshi drawn sleigh

I don't have a favorite boss, though I enjoy the ones from 3D World, Galaxy, 64, and Paper Mario the most.

Fawful

Cackletta

Antasma

Bowletta

Dimentio

Bowser (in some of his fights)

Count Bleck

Super Dimentio

Almost every boss from a Mario RPG (even some of the Sticker Star ones, but fuck the giant fish that chases you)

Iggy's 2nd battle (NSMBW)
Hisstocrat
Bowser Jr. (The Kitchen in SMG)
Giant Battles in BiS
Shadow Queen
Super Dimentio
That Eel in SMS
Petey Piranha 2nd time (SMS)
Wiggler (SMS)
Bowser (SMW)

There's probably more I am forgetting.

Bosses not in Mario games but are in spinoffs.
Baby Bowser (YI)
Tabuu
Chicken from DKCR
Pompy (DKC:TF)

Most rpg bosses ive found are pretty awesome and even creative.

Like Bowyer for example as well as various paper mario bosses.

Not counting spm though since the bosses in it were really boring.

Stanley the Troll said:
Zae Eildus said:
Not counting spm though since the bosses in it were really boring.
In gameplay, maybe, but personality-wise they were on par with the other Paper Mario games excluding SS.

wasnt too impressed with the personallities either so eh

bleck was pretty cool and francis was hilarious but otherwise, meh

King Croacus had a decent backstory IMO. And of course there's Dimentio and the other Bleck minions, who were entertaining. Mr. L was the reason I bought the game in the first place.

Elder Shroob Princess, Dark Bowser, pretty much any boss from M&L:DT (but that's just because of the boss theme)

Magikrazy said:
Welcome to the Mario Boards, thwompinalltheway. oh what fun it is to ride in a one yoshi drawn sleigh

I don't have a favorite boss, though I enjoy the ones from 3D World, Galaxy, 64, and Paper Mario the most.
That's not fun at all. Buzzkill.

I'd also add any given DK boss in Mario vs. Donkey Kong, no matter how strange it is, because it's one of the few times where Donkey Kong gets a barrel thrown in the face by Mario.

Stanley the Troll said:
King Croacus had a decent backstory IMO. And of course there's Dimentio and the other Bleck minions, who were entertaining. Mr. L was the reason I bought the game in the first place.

That doesn't mean they are good bosses. That just means you like them as characters, As far as PM goes SPM had largely crap bosses.

spm was pretty shitty to begin with so thats to be expected

Petey needs to come back.

heeeey at least he's finally appearing in a Mario Party game

that means all Mario Kart Double Dash characters appear in a Mario Party game....

EXCEPT TWO

Gosh, I wonder who?

The trees with eyes and the Gold Parade kart are the characters I'm talking about of course.

And here I thought it was the pianta and noki spectators.

Piantas appeared in Mario Party 8 and Mario Party 9, not sure about Nokis.

So they did.

The more you know.

Back