Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

im skipping this direct but i hope my friends who are into ac enjoy it!! now the agonizing wait for a general direct continues

Before you get all excited, it was possibly someone else that was too excited. There's nothing concrete either way, but this possibility was suggested in SmashWiki Discord:

the social media guy was prob told by his boss that the LEGO stuff was a big surprise, so he put in Direct in anticipation, not knowing Nintendo was gonna tease it on Twitter instead

Even if Indie World is not the most exciting thing for most people, I am still interested to see what transpired from it, only to see if there are any fascinating games that would benefit from the spotlight. Maybe there might even be a surprise announcement or two!

Thank you for reading.

There was a rumor a couple days ago that predicted an Indie World around the 18th and a regular Direct around the 26th. With the announcement of an Indie World just a day earlier than rumored, it adds a lot of credibility to the rumor.

just to play devil's advocate, there's a lot of historical precedent for an indie presentation occurring at this time of month to align with GDC, which has happened the past two years (similar to how they always have one in august, which i believe is to line up with one of the PAXes), so it's a pretty safe prediction to make if you were trying to make up 'predictions'
i'm not saying that there won't be a direct next week (i hope there will be), but obviously just a caution to be careful not to set your hopes too high by banking on this as evidence

in any case, theres usually something in these presentations that interests me, so i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store

A new Nintendo Direct Mini is here. Enjoy!

Reactions: zel
oh my god an arms rep??????????? i wouldnt even think that would be possible considering arms barely got any love after uhh coyle released yet. here we are! im honestly really dam excited this goes out to 2017 me that was into arms for some reaosn. anyway helix for smash. is arms 2 gonna be real????????
besides that i went 👁 over jump up super star during the ring fit thing there seems to be a ton of mario odyssey music and this Slaps

Yes! Finally a new Direct!
I wonder who the Arms fighter will be since Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are Assist trophies...

You like ports?

Here's your goddamn ports.

is there anything of note other than smash information?

XCOM, Bioshock and Borderlands are coming to Switch.

Pretty neat, but unfortunately not for me, as my PC is adequate enough to play those games. And I already own Borderlands on PC.

I've also heard Burnout Paradise: Remastered is coming to Switch as well. I own the original on PC, so if I do plan on getting it, same with the prior games, would be on PC.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is definitely mine. I'm really feeling it!

Aside from that, nothing really got my interest.

I am excited for the Smash Bros. DLC. I thought they wouldn't announce it due to SARS-CoV-2.

The thing I am amusingly hyped for the most is the port of podracer.

Yes! Finally a new Direct!
I wonder who the Arms fighter will be since Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are Assist trophies...

Spring Man's an Assist, Ribbon Girl's only a spirit

No one's talking about "Good Job!"? That game looks like it'd be fun to play.

I really like the new rhythm mode in Ring Fit. It's quite fun and also quite difficult, both physically and in just doing the actions in time and in the correct order.

Nothing else really exited me, but the NSO trail for Arms is neat. I'm interested in XC, but I'm a bit cautious after playing the second game and not liking it a lot due to the game having, in my opinion, long and boring stretches for every fantastic stretch, though I've heard that the original game is better.

Back