Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

It's already live.

yay miitopia

Was anybody else hoping that the headline "A Legacy of Greatness on Nintendo Switch" meant Virtual Console and was disappointed when it was Namco Museum?

Arms looks like a decent solid fighting game. But I swear to God, it better not be $50 like 1 2 Switch. It better be 29.99 or hell I can get behind 39.99. I'm so tired of Nintendo releasing everything at $50. Not every game they make is worth that price.

It will probably be 60 like every other major release in the world

Blue Bowser said:
Oh God I would be so infuriated if they released a simple mindless fighting game at that price.

i missed it

anyone can summarize what was revealed?

supermariofan said:
Blue Bowser said:
Oh God I would be so infuriated if they released a simple mindless fighting game at that price.
Bro it's already been announced at 60 bucks
welcome to the world of video games

Baby Luigi said:
i missed it

anyone can summarize what was revealed?
Highlights:
-amiibo: Final three Smash amiibo announced, with variants! Three more Links (MM, TP, SS). Splatoon 2 amiibo (Inkling Girl, Boy, Squid), Pikmin amiibo.
-Miitopia coming to the West.
-MH Stories coming to the West.
-Kirby games based on the other games modes from Planet Robobot (Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Kirby's Blowout Blast).
-Footage of Ever Oasis.
-Footage of Pikmin 3DS, named Hey! Pikmin.
-DLC announced for FE Echoes.
-New footage of Arms. New character revealed, Min Min.
-Splatoon 2 gets "horde mode"-style mode called Salmon Run.

Weird highlights:
-Payday 2 for Switch
-Ubisoft's Monopoly for Switch

If anybody wants to watch the Direct:

Note: Games with descriptions are the ones I'm interested in, or I want to say something about.

The games now called Hey! Pikmin, I really don't like that name.
It's name is Miitopia, it's not going to be Japanese exclusive anymore. I'll possibly buy this one.
KIRBY CLASH DELUXE IS ALREADY AVAILABLE!, might get Kirby's Blowout Blast
Please let me turn of the commentator in game.
Those neon yellow JoyCons look cool.
So, we now know everything new? They didn't announce anything extra during the section of this direct.
New character! Well, at least we don't know anything about them yet.
Looks like it could be a fun puzzle game, if it didn't have the characters at the bottom of the screen
Rayman Legends is coming to the Switch
The new Salmon Run mode could also be fun
Ever Oasis, Yo-Kia Watch, Culdcept Revolt, RPG Maker FES, Fire Emblem, Street Fighter, MineCraft, NeoGeo games, Project Mekuru, Fate/Extella, Disgea 5, Monopoly, Sina Mora, Battle Chasers & PayDay

They just announced that a multiplayer Kirby game is coming to the 3DS near the end of the year.

Wow, that's, well...

HYPE POSSIBLE AMAZING MIRROR 2 OR AIR RIDE 2 OR WHO CARES ITS KIRBY DAMN IT
*ahem*

Team Kirby Clash is kinda fun.

Smiley Man said:
Was anybody else hoping that the headline "A Legacy of Greatness on Nintendo Switch" meant Virtual Console and was disappointed when it was Namco Museum?

I wasn't, I was wanting to find out what that was.

As for Monopoly, I am super excited for. I really like that game, but not everyone wants to play it. And getting a Monopoly video game is either hard or it doesn't work.

As for Hey! Pikmin, I think I will pick that up. I haven't played any of the other Pikmin games, so that means that I have nothing to be disappointed about if it is basically the same as the other Pikmin games. The name? It is ok and it could be better.

As for Payday2, not going to think twice about it. I am not going to get it at all. Robbing a bank game, I don't need that and don't want that.

At least the rapid fire system Nintendo did was better than their foolishness. At they did focus primarily on Arms and Splatoon 2 just like they said. I'm not sure if Salmon Run is the thing for me, though.

Overall, pretty decent without going into stuff that should be for E3.

Edit: I just barely was able to watch it all.

Eh, pretty much the only thing that I'm truly excited for is the new multiplayer-oriented Kirby game for 3DS. Oh and the Bayonetta amiibo, really nice.

Rayman Legends coming to the Switch is something that was already indicated by the Switch info stuff at...January I believe? So it isn't anything new. Glad to see a great game like that ported, but I wish they made a new Rayman instead.

Splatoon 2 has very promising local co-op multiplayer, now what would make me want it is if we could pair on the same team against a team of bots. Options like that are welcomed.

yes hello im here as well to commentate

im torn on the new format. I like the new main presenter guy, but I don't really like the whol headline thing because it's taking away some of the thrill if you know exactly whats going to happen in advance (see: ea press conferences).

whatever, just the content was pretty solid. Overally not the worst direct but you could tell they're saving the good stuff for e3 (please lord have a proper press conference. im a simple man with simple demands.)

Yeah I hope headlines don't come back. I'd hate to be spoiled on a big surprise that I care about by some text earlier that tells me exactly what it is.

Back