Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

Oh, yeah, the worst part of the direct was that stupid Pokemon game. Makes me puke a little especially how they seem to be taking cues from that atrocious Pokemon Shuffle game.

The Fire Emblem part was the definite highlight for me, everything else bar Lucas (pfft I didn't even main him or play his game) was just okay.

Mario Party Σ said:
Oh, yeah, the worst part of the direct was that stupid Pokemon game. Makes me puke a little especially how they seem to be taking cues from that atrocious Pokemon Shuffle game.
a game having microtransactions doesn't automatically make the game bad or even pay2win

it's certainly not good but that should hardly be the only thing to judge it by

I liked the Mewtwo/Lucas trailers, 200cc reveal and the SMTxFE trailer.

I'm glad it's just a rehash of Melee Mewtwo to be honest, I enjoyed playing him and maybe they'll be smart enough to mess with him so that he isn't a giant walking hurtbox. Lucas was hype. 200cc was funny but it actually looks pretty great, all kinds of neat shortcuts could be pulled off with the extra speed. I don't really like the SMT/FE series but this crossover thing looks really... different? I don't know, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting and it put smtxfe from 'don't care' to 'interested'. I want to see where it goes since the game was never on my radar; I thought it would be a crossover of SMT and FE characters/areas and that isn't something I cared about. I'll wait and see before I make any judgements.

Mario Party Σ said:
Lumastar said:
Based on the description, it sounds to be no better. Hopefully the past Rumble reviews return with more negativity than ever.
I feel alone in liking it. :<

Direct was absolutely hype. Everything I thought was gonna happen, aside from Star Fox U news, happened and did not disappoint.

Well I got new Rhythm Heaven info and Mewtwo/MK8 DLC info so that's great. Everything else was a bonus.

Lucas and Fire Emblem If were definitely the most hype things for me. Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World continue to amaze, and the rest was mostly great.

new The Great Ace Attorney footage from the Japanese direct has made me realise how much I'm really craving a new AA game. The animations and character designs are more refined and all around much better than those from DD (aside from moe watson), so here's hoping the story's good.

The Janitor said:
Hey I've just realized that there is an Attack on Titan game on the 3DS...

...and it looks really good too...

...and it hasn't been released outside of japan...

my pleas have been heard

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-24-2015/

Yes, they're hosting a Xenoblade Chronicles X Nintendo Direct on Friday.

Awesome, I'm actually thinking of picking up this game.

Lumastar said:
This is so hype! I want to try to play Xenoblade Chronicles 1 first, but if I can't get a New Nintendo 3DS (XL :() soon then I am likely just going to go ahead and play this.
You probably don't have to play it, the story has apparently NOTHING to do with the original :mad:.

Lumastar said:
Actually, I want to experience the feeling of overwhelmingness that Xenobade Chronices 1 gives to the fullest. If I play the larger game first, then I might not experience that feeling like I want to with the first, if you know what I mean.
I understand. This game has only been out for 3 weeks and I think the only thing holding it back is the *bleep*ty graphics. Everything else is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

I don't know about other regions, but Nintendo of Japan has a Direct for Splatoon on May 7th.

watch the US splatoon direct here if you can bear the narrator

kinda pissed that the only online mode at launch will be turf war and that there are some really cool costumes locked behind amiibo. otherwise the game looks astounding; definitely maining Charger weapons

also those inkling costumes for Smash Bros look really cool but those miis look creepy as hell

...at this point Splatoon has become one of those Wii U games I'm interested in.

Kind of surprised but all the content that Direct mentioned has gotten me interested, honestly.

jelonzo talks exactly like fawful

also i am so ready to customize the shit out of my squidlings

also: jelly fresh", "crusty sean", "annie & moe", "ammo knights" are the best puns i've heard in a while

also annie is so cute oh my god

i'm really unnerved by the lack of voice chat, though... especially when it comes to planning which weapons everyone is going to use, chat is extremely important. i don't see how some of these weapons can be very effective without communication

so the amiibo actually bring new missions... dang... i'm actually going to have to buy these...

I don't mind there is no voice chat because voice chat is usually bad quality, if I want to use voice chat I use Skype.
I might buy the Inkling Girl amiibo.

Back