If Smash Bros. Teams had Names

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Thought I'd make this fun little topic where we all know the option to have Team matches with the characters. This is where we can make all sorts of fun, tongue-in-cheek laughs or legitimately cool names for teams. Think sort of like how some of the Gamecube Mario parties had team names for each pair you could possibly make.

With 8-Player Smash as a thing too, you can have team names for up to 7 Players. So it's not just duos you can think of. I'll start with a few examples

Mario & Luigi - The Super Mario Bros. (Just to get an obvious one out of the way)

Sonic & Megaman - Worlds Collide

Pac-Man & Mario & Megaman & Sonic - Mount Rushmore of Gaming

Villager & Villager - Pocket Pals
Captain Falcon & Falco - Birds of Prey
Ness (or Villager) and Duck Hunt - A Boy and His Dog

Yoshi + Wario = Poached Eggs

cmon mario party makes the best team names

Mario & Luigi: Something that isn't Super Mario Bros. or Mario Bros. or anything that resembles that in the slightest.
Mario & Ness: Red-hatted Shorties
Meta Knight and Marth: Meta Knives
Mario & Diddy Kong: Hairy Red-hatted Shorties
Ganondorf, Wario, and Donkey Kong: Team Fatty
Mario & Kirby: Rotund Warriors
Game & Watch + Little Mac: Game, Set, and Watch
Ness & Game & Watch: Kamikaze Pals

• Rosalina + Yoshi: Caring Babysitters
  • Wii Fit Trainer + Wario: Fit and Fat
  • Sheik + Greninja: Ninja Power
  • Captain Falcon + Little Mac: Powerhouse Speedsters
  • Luigi + Dark Pit: Second Fiddle Avengers
  • Falco + Duck Hunt: Hunter and Hunted

Mr. Game & Watch and Mega Man: Mr. Game & Watch and Mega Man.
Donkey Kong and Yoshi: Disgusting Animal Buddies
Mario and Luigi: A Fat Plumber and His Gay Brother
Link and Peach: ???

Inspirations for these pairs? A recent amiibo massacre my sister and I have wrought.

Mario Party X said:

Mind if I curiously ask the story behind the team name unchanged from what the pair name is? :S

This makes me wish the upcoming tournament mode allows you to make your own names for your team in team tournaments.

Northern Verve said:
Mario Party X said:

Mind if I curiously ask the story behind the team name unchanged from what the pair name is? :S
I decided to do amiibo slaughtering, I said that, but I wanted to use someone other than Mario and Dr. Mario to actually do the killing (and besides, I did have a Mario amiibo). I chose Mr. Game & Watch because I like him, and my sister was trying to take a nap, so Mr. Game & Watch's beeping can soothe her to sleep. Well, after she woke up, she chose Mega Man because she just can, and I don't know, the two sound like they'll go together.

It's amazing to use Oil Panic to absorb Mega Man's fully charged f-smash and then drop the contents on everyone, OHKOing people from 0% (maybe except for Ultra-Defensive Donkey Kong, but again, it killed quite-defensive Luigi at 0%.)

It makes me wonder how awesome a Mega Man and Mr. Game and Watch duo will do, since Friendly Fire is turned on and all.

Baby Luigi said:
It makes me wonder how awesome a Mega Man and Mr. Game and Watch duo will do, since Friendly Fire is turned on and all.
You mean in 2 v. 2 tourneys? Yeesh.

Oil Panic fills completely at only one charged Mega Man f-smash, taking it little set-up. After this ONE Oil Panic dump, you can inflict ~50-60% damage (and I'm not using any offensive builds; in fact, my Mr. Game & Watch's equipment build is a little defensive and speedy) and deal enough knockback to OHKO people. Even shielding doesn't work because that Oil Panic breaks shields like nothing. Your only viable option is dodging the thing, but it's pretty hard to dodge Oil Panic due to no lag and that it covers a wide area. Imagine edge-guarding with that thing. o_O It's not like Mr. Game & Watch hates going off ledge either, due to this impressive recovery, which basically doubles as a literal third jump, without a helpless state.

I wonder if any 2 v. 2 tourneys have found this or have found major downsides (aside from potentially killing teammates, who probably won't be dumb enough to stand near Mr. Game & Watch anyway; it's not like Oil Panic can be reflected either) that doesn't make it as cheap as I made it here.

Kirby and Jigglypuff- Pink Terrors
Meta Knight and Palutena- God of Blades
Bowser and Bowser Jr./Koopalings- Koopa Klan
Wario and King Dedede-Fart Fryers
Link and Shulk- Feeling for Time

Kirby, King Dedede, Wario and Pac-Man - The Big Banquet
Mega Man and Sonic - Rock and Roll
Ike and Little Mac - Manly Men

Wait, remember Conquest? It has team names.

Back