Super Mario-Kun

Pacific Mall is a waste of time when it comes to anime and manga in my experience, although you can still find some places selling plushies and things like that, and there's three or four food stores with fun snacks. You used to be able to find all sorts of stuff there, but now I think there's maybe one store left selling anime, and everything else is just life-action drama DVDs and music videos or whatever, with the odd Ghibli film here and here, but never anything obscure, since law enforcement cracked down on all the illegal subs a couple years ago and all those shops got replaced by phone stores.

But if you have better luck or do manage to get to J-Town, definitely let me know.

sadly no

we have a wiki collab thread here that has translation for only some pages

Baby Luigi said:
sadly no

we have a wiki collab thread here that has translation for only some pages
It's okay, I really like the ones in Gallery: Iggy Koopa

One of my Favorite Scenes:
Mario: Don't worry Luigi, i am a liscensed Doctor!
Mario: *Stuffs Giant Pill in Yoshi's Mouth* He looks much better now!
Luigi: He looks worse than before...

Whe i first read Super Mario-Kun...Laugh Out Loud

Super Mario-Kun is the only long-running non-video game Mario media we have, so I gotta salvage it.

Ok, update here. My brother will in fact be translating this series, and I'll make sure it flows well and is consistent with the localized games. We'll try to stick close to the original, but expect some puns to be untranslatable. We're currently searching for scans. I know Volume 1 has been translated, but we'll be starting from the beginning regardless. This is going to be an exciting project for sure! :D

Too bad, but thanks for letting me know. Now I guess it's just a matter of which of us gets to J-Town first 8)

Valerius Dover said:
Ok, update here. My brother will in fact be translating this series, and I'll make sure it flows well and is consistent with the localized games. We'll try to stick close to the original, but expect some puns to be untranslatable. We're currently searching for scans. I know Volume 1 has been translated, but we'll be starting from the beginning regardless. This is going to be an exciting project for sure! :D
Good luck finding scans. I feel like if they existed, there'd already be translations, but you never know.

There is a link right there that is rich in scans.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Super_Mario-Kun#Manga_Raws

Enjoy

i'm sorry but isn't that illegal?

^Not really any more than emulators or fansubs when you get down to it. However, I don't want to cause any trouble. If someone could direct me to an official release, that'd be nice.

but you're essentially getting the entire book for nothing (those aren't fansubbed anyway), unless sawada himself is ok about it

I searched on Amazon, and it turns out all 48 volumes are actually available there. They're about $6 each. Not sure if they're actually legit.

$6 is approximately what a volume should cost, so it sounds legit.

Of course, 48 $6 issues adds up (to $288), not to mention shipping costs, which is usually when online purchases really get painful (in my experiences, anyway).

I have this Japanese Manga shop near my school, and I sometimes find these manga for an euro. The thing about these is that they are published in the weekly Shonen Jump! so it's more common to find them in there...

Regardless of how it works, how many people would be potentially interested in a translation? We have the time and means to do it. I'll even make sure the translation flows and uses localized names and speech patterns where applicable.

We'll likely decide to go ahead and get this in batches of 5-10 which would make it easier on the wallet.

Walkazo said:
Too bad, but thanks for letting me know. Now I guess it's just a matter of which of us gets to J-Town first 8)
First one there gets... uh... the manga.

Valerius Dover said:
Regardless of how it works, how many people would be potentially interested in a translation? We have the time and means to do it. I'll even make sure the translation flows and uses localized names and speech patterns where applicable.

We'll likely decide to go ahead and get this in batches of 5-10 which would make it easier on the wallet.
I know I'd absolutely love a translation of it, especially the Mario RPG ones. Good luck!

Yeah, translations would be awesome. Doing them myself was always a pipe-dream for when I was done school, but that won't be for years still (and would then take years to do cuz I'm so slow), and I certainly won't begrudge someone else getting there first, haha.

Valerius Dover said:

That sounds like an excellent idea, and I believe you should do it as long as you are able to.

Valerius Dover said:

Please do this, it's opening another world out there. Super Mario-Kun is a treasure trove bursting with personality and information the Super Mario Wiki would love to have. :)

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Valerius Dover said:

Please do this, it's opening another world out there. Super Mario-Kun is a treasure trove bursting with personality and information the Super Mario Wiki would love to have. :)
Agreed!, it'll work out pretty well (IT'S SO FUNNY!)

Back