Super Mario-Kun

Baby Luigi is in it and he talks

i think the only mario character i know who is not in it is daisy

I bought my copies at Little Tokyo, Los Angeles

there's only a few scanlations of it, unfortunately

I like how this series covers almost all Mario's adventures and not just the main series. I have but one issue of it, it covers the final part of Partners in Time and the beginning of Super Paper Mario. I can't read it, I just look at the pictures lol

I really wish it would be released in English.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
I have but one issue of it, it covers the final part of Partners in Time and the beginning of Super Paper Mario.

@#! that's the exact volume I want

does that volume cover any other game in between? even the partners in time one i have has some random sm64ds bullcrap or something

I was never big on gag manga.

Baby Luigi said:
Snawfulthemerry25 said:
I have but one issue of it, it covers the final part of Partners in Time and the beginning of Super Paper Mario.

@#! that's the exact volume I want

does that volume cover any other game in between? even the partners in time one i have has some random sm64ds bullcrap or something
Nothing in between as far as I can tell, but there's some Mario Galaxy at the end I think.

Baby Luigi said:

Last I checked, only volume one has been translated. From what I've seen, there is plenty of interest in reading it, but little interest in translating it. Which strikes me as strange, both established subbing groups and new ones should be interested in a long running series in high demand.

I woder why it does'nt release in America
it'll sell like hotcakes, i really want to read
volume 42 for a reason

I read volume 1...IT WAS HILARIOUS

Gag manga generally has difficulty getting an audience in the west.

Mcmadness said:
Gag manga generally has difficulty getting an audience in the west.

That and it's got the same problem Dr. Slump has (or, had, as they eventually did translate it).
It's thick with gags that are puns on Japanese words and either wouldn't work in English without heavy editing, or would have to be explained to the point that the joke is pointless and would result in long reference pages that footnote back to things that are said.

DragonFreak said:
My theory is that it's probably "too weird" for American children. Which by reading and seeing everything on the Super Mario-Kun Thread in Wiki Collaborations...I agree.
I am regreting the modern era now...

Ghost Jam said:
Baby Luigi said:

Last I checked, only volume one has been translated. From what I've seen, there is plenty of interest in reading it, but little interest in translating it. Which strikes me as strange, both established subbing groups and new ones should be interested in a long running series in high demand.

I've read a scanalation from a chapter from the Super Mario Galaxy volume. That and the Volume One are the only scanlations I've read.

what part of the pre-modern world do you like best iggy

the part where you didnt exist or the part where you didnt exist

Magikrazy said:
what part of the pre-modern world do you like best iggy

the part where you didnt exist or the part where you didnt exist
oh snap

(btw yes I get that I didn't exist either)

On the subject on Super Mario-Kun, where can you get a copy (doesn't matter the language) in Canada?

I don't know. You can buy one online (though the shipping fee is huge) or if you're lucky, there's a Japanese specialty store that sells them, like there relatively near my area

The advantage of living in big cities is that you can find those sorts of specialty stores - although Toronto's mostly Chinese and Korean stuff, and usually the most I can find downtown is the odd snackfood. However, I recently heard of a place in Markham that's apparently good for books and groceries and whatnot called J-Town - I haven't been there myself yet, since it's pretty far from where I live, but it's on my (lengthy) to-do list...

Ghost Jam said:
Baby Luigi said:
I have a lot of interest in translating it (weird jokes that need long explanation and all, because that's really interesting to me), but zero time to do it in.

Walkazo said:
However, I recently heard of a place in Markham that's apparently good for books and groceries and whatnot called J-Town
it better be walking distance Whereabouts is it?

Vaporeon said:
Walkazo said:
However, I recently heard of a place in Markham that's apparently good for books and groceries and whatnot called J-Town
Steeles and Victoria Park (just east of the 404). It's few blocks west of the Pacific Mall (which used to be good for anime and stuff, but which sucks now).

Walkazo said:
Vaporeon said:
Walkazo said:
Steeles and Victoria Park (just east of the 404). It's few blocks west of the Pacific Mall (which used to be good for anime and stuff, but which sucks now).
Oh cool. I think I'm going to Pacific in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll find something there or maybe if I actually manage to go to J-Town. *shrugs*

Back