Toy Story 4

Well, if you think about it, Toy Story 3 was released like 11 years after the second part. With such a large gap, there were probably a good amount of people back then who thought the third one was going to suck too. And suck it didn't.

So I guess you can't really judge a new entry in this franchise before it is released.

Javelin said:
Nabber said:
Javelin said:
when is a new ip going to come along in the movie industry
there are plenty of new ip in the movie industry and you know it
really

name the last successful five
hey hey hey, you never said anything about success. it's not a studio's fault if people don't like something that's original, even if it's good

i can still probably give you good examples, but i need you to define what successful is (how much money/how good ratings or whatever you want to judge it by) and you need to tell me what you mean by original (do adaptations count?)

the last five ips that were popular enough for me to have heard of them

i doubt you can come up with five ips anyways aside from pacific rim and the lego movie

Javelin said:
the last five ips that were popular enough for me to have heard of them

i doubt you can come up with five ips anyways aside from pacific rim and the lego movie
shrug

i talk about movies enough for you to have heard about a few

-pacific rim
-the lego movie
-her
-boyhood
-the boxtrolls (technically an adaptation, but very very very loosely)
-interstellar
-chappie
-fury
-the book of life
-birdman
-exodus: gods and kings (...does this count as new ip?)
-lucy
-a million ways to die in the west
-the grand budapest hotel
-american sniper

i'm too involved with movies to really know what the common person would have heard of but there you go, some recent movies that are original
Head Pixie said:
Frozen is another one right?
frozen is very very very loosely based off of the snow queen

Nabber said:
i'm too involved with movies to really know what the common person would have heard of
literally the most snobbish comment i've seen in a while

coming from a highschooler makes it laughable
Nabber said:
-pacific rim
-the lego movie
-her
ok
Nabber said:
never heard of it
Nabber said:
-the boxtrolls (technically an adaptation, but very very very loosely)
eh, maybe. i don't know a single person who's seen it but perhaps it's popular? seemed like a dumb concept to me
Nabber said:
-interstellar
-chappie
-american sniper
i was asking about the last five movies, not the next five upcoming ones
Nabber said:
-fury
-the book of life
maybe
Nabber said:
-birdman
-exodus: gods and kings (...does this count as new ip?)
-lucy
-a million ways to die in the west
never heard of em
Nabber said:
-the grand budapest hotel
ok

so that's four oks and three maybes

i guess you narrowly pass my test, albeit in a snobbish manner

Javelin said:
Nabber said:
i'm too involved with movies to really know what the common person would have heard of
literally the most snobbish comment i've seen in a while
how is it snobbish

as someone who is obsessed with movies, i learn about movies that the common person probably wouldn't know about. so i don't really know what most people would have heard about.

i mean, it's not like i know every movie that's ever been made

(also: interstellar is already out, so it no longer qualifies as an upcoming movie.)

Javelin said:
oh it is

have you seen it yet

were you disappointed
wow you're just so eager for me to be disappointed aren't you

i'm waiting until the weekend to see it so i can make the trip to the nearest imax theater to see it

rarely does anything live up to its hype

the only things i remember living up to all of their hype (imo) are bioshock infinite, skyrim, and the matrix

No! No! Why, Pixar? Why? What are you doing?

They're turning into Dreamworks, I swear. Well, I've had enough. Nope. Pixar is not going to get my money. Unless the reviews say it's good. In which case I might go see it.

Although, to be fair, I thought the Lego Movie was going to be terrible, so maybe I'll be wrong about this.

Purple Yoshi said:
No! No! Why, Pixar? Why? What are you doing?

They're turning into Dreamworks, I swear. Well, I've had enough. Nope. Pixar is not going to get my money. Unless the reviews say it's good. In which case I might go see it.

Although, to be fair, I thought the Lego Movie was going to be terrible, so maybe I'll be wrong about this.
THEY WONT GET MY MONEY...UNLESS THE MOVIE IS GOOD IN WHICH CASE I WILL SEE IT

Javelin said:

the only things i remember living up to all of their hype (imo) are bioshock infinite, skyrim, and the matrix
it's totally not going to live up to my expectations, since my expectations are ridiculously high

it's hard to tell how much i'll enjoy it though because the reviews for it have been all over the spectrum
Purple Yoshi said:
They're turning into Dreamworks, I swear.
are you implying that dreamworks is a bad studio

because they may not have the best animated films but they're still pretty good

Purple Yoshi said:
Pixar is not going to get my money. Unless the reviews say it's good. In which case I might go see it.
...do you usually watch movies with bad reviews?

does anyone have that video that involves what happens after that lamp murders the i and he gets executed

Nabber said:
Javelin said:

it's totally not going to live up to my expectations, since my expectations are ridiculously high

it's hard to tell how much i'll enjoy it though because the reviews for it have been all over the spectrum
Purple Yoshi said:
They're turning into Dreamworks, I swear.
are you implying that dreamworks is a bad studio

because they may not have the best animated films but they're still pretty good

Purple Yoshi said:
Pixar is not going to get my money. Unless the reviews say it's good. In which case I might go see it.
...do you usually watch movies with bad reviews?

Dreamworks used to be pretty bad in the 2000's. Before How To Train Your Dragon. It seems like Pixar is trying to do that.

And I only really read reviews for movies which might be awful.

Random Conspiracy Theory: What if Disney is forcing Pixar to make all these sequels so people will start liking the Disney film brand more than Pixar?

heres a more far-fetched theory: what if disney is getting pixar to make all these sequels so they can make money
its a shock to think about

Hanayo Koizumi said:
heres a more far-fetched theory: what if disney is getting pixar to make all these sequels so they can make money
its a shock to think about
Nah that's crazy

You guys are going ballistic about this. You don't have any faith in Pixar, the studio that brought you that Toy Story 3 you love to tout so much, as well as so many other fantastic movies? Who cares if it's the fourth or the twentieth? If it's good, that's all that matters. With the series of Toy Story shorts that have come out, there's clearly proof that there's material for future productions, so don't judge a book when you haven't even seen the cover yet.

all you guys can go ahead and argue about how good or bad this movie is going to be but I know I'm going to be shelling out the shekels to see this in super ultra 3D imax megabox VIP or whatever expensive option they have at my movie theater with a jumbo box of popcorn and an extra large ICEE

i fuckin love toy story

Back