Toy Story 4

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
CA$H MONEY

Coming in June 2017 is, yup, a fourth Toy Story. Like the first two movies, this will be directed by John Lasseter, who hopefully has improved since Cars 2.

ugh no

3 was like the perfect ending for Toy Story

Didn't they get rid of that bear? Why is it in the picture?

Well that's just silly. Why not just use a picture with just the main cast?

NO!

LEAVE THE TRILOGY AS IS.

PLEASE DON'T RENDER THE SAD ENDING USELESS.

I for one am kinda open to the idea of a fourth movie. The third movie was good, but my two big problems with it are that it retreads Toy Story 2's storyline and that it's nowhere near as fun as the other movies, which were upbeat and inventive. The third movie was very emotional, but that's all it really had going for it. Since Lasseter is directing this one again, I'm hoping he can bring back the fun to the franchise.

Gabumon said:
Well that's just silly. Why not just use a picture with just the main cast?
they did. the one they chose just happened to be from toy story 3, since that has the latest cast (well i guess toy story of terror has the latest cast but who cares)

also here's to hoping totoro makes another appearance in this movie

Gabumon said:
The ending was sad?
are you saying this because you haven't seen toy story 3, or because you didn't think the ending was sad?

I don't think it's a good idea but I'm down for it, if they made it somehow even better than the third, then I heavily applaud them. But let's be honest, when was the last time a fourth entry in a franchise good?

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
On Stranger Tides
The Phantom Menace
Paranormal Activity 4
Terminator Salvation
Age of Extinction (Who gives a shit about the Transformers movies anyway?)
Goblet of Fire
Shrek Forever After
Continental Drift
Breaking Dawn Part 2 (read Transformers)
Fast and Furious 4
Rocky 4
Rambo 4

I did see Toy Story 3, but it's been a while. From what I remember, the movie ended on a hopeful note because

all the toys (who had previously been neglected by Andy) were given to a new kid and they could look forward to finally being played with again.

Also, what I meant with "just the main cast" is like, a shot centered on the protagonists.

That picture has like, the one-movie-exclusive villain of the third movie front and center (he's like the biggest thing there), which seems kind of silly because they got rid of him. Like, if the picture is meant to represent Toy Story 4, it's silly because that guy probably isn't going to come back, and if it's meant to represent the entirety of the series, that's also silly because he's only been in one movie.

It's not really a big deal. I just think it's kind of odd to pick that one of all images.

EDIT:
supermariofan said:
Javelin said:
hey now, goblet of fire was the best harry potter

and inheritance was the best eragon book
Even people who liked Goblet of Fire say it was the weakest Harry Potter movie

I think he meant the book, and he'd probably be right about it.

Hanayo Koizumi said:
Captain Levi said:
ugh no

3 was like the perfect ending for Toy Story

except they've made like 3 shorts and 2 specials after it so they've already continued on from their perfect ending
ew fuck those as well

Shy​ Guy said:
Nice Double Post.
at least my posts had content in them, unlike your post pointing out the fact that i double posted. thanks
Javelin said:
when is a new ip going to come along in the movie industry
there are plenty of new ip in the movie industry and you know it
supermariofan said:
But let's be honest, when was the last time a fourth entry in a franchise good?
but almost no franchises have this good of a track record, either
King Graham said:
Fuck it as long as it's good who cares?
thank you

i feel like whenever a new movie is announced on these boards everyone just bitches on it like there's no tomorrow. like you're literally getting a sequel in a franchise that hasn't had a movie below 99% on rotten tomatoes and everyone is automatically assuming it's going to be the worst thing ever

I just want the old characters in the first and second movies like Wheezy and Bo Peep back. Toy Story 2 was da best.

Back