Cartoon/Anime Character/Moments that made you mad.

Northern Verve said:
I assume you're mainly talking about Putting Your Hoof Down. I do think that's probably the worst Fluttershy episode for really taking it a bit too far.

Anyhoo, while I'm not sure I can say mad in particular things related to FiM but things that have bothered me include Flash Sentry in the Equestria Girls movies, Rainbow Falls (The only Season 4 episode I can really say is not a good episode in anyway whatsoever). Spike at your Service and Look Before You Sleep are episodes I'm not too fond about. I would mention Mare-Do-Well as well, but that's pretty much on everyone who have watched FiM's *bleep* list.

Yeah Putting Your Hoof down has got to be one of the most hurtful episodes in the series...specifically that one moment where she practically caused her friends to be driven into tears. Ugh it's even painful to me to watch that part. I'm also not a fan of her using that "stare" thing, it's not in character for her either: I don't like it how she basically uses it to get people to do what she wants (in that one episode with Discord).

Also, the Owlicious guy overshadowing Spike kinda pissed me off too.

? Block said:
Yeah Putting Your Hoof down has got to be one of the most hurtful episodes in the series...specifically that one moment where she practically caused her friends to be driven into tears. Ugh it's even painful to me to watch that part. I'm also not a fan of her using that "stare" thing, it's not in character for her either: I don't like it how she basically uses it to get people to do what she wants (in that one episode with Discord).

Also, the Owlicious guy overshadowing Spike kinda pissed me off too.

That episode with Discord? You wouldn't be happening to be talking about Keep Calm and Flutter On are you? Because in that episode, her stare didn't work on Discord. He was just pretending to be effected until he completely laughs it off shortly afterward.

And yeah, unfortunately nearly all Spike episodes (Except maybe one in Season 2 and I'd say most if not all his Season 4 episodes are at least enjoyable one way or another) range from mediocre to terrible episodes. That one with the owl I consider closer to the mediocre side but that also might be because I find episodes like Dragon Quest and especially Spike at your Service overall much worse. I at least liked Owl's Well That Ends Well's ending. I have a soft spot for heartwarming moments between Spike and Twilight ^^

“Foster goes to Europe”:
Was bad because everone were acting like pebble-brains just to “unintentionally” annoy Mac. That “Stubby Witch” is so mean for potentially killing some imaginary balloon friends and stealing Mac's airport tickets just to make everything worse. That's not the end of it, the short cartoon during the credits, Eurotrish, the character I thought she deserved to go to Europe was insulted by a mean lady from a window causing her goal to be completely pointless.

Goodbye to Bloo:
The episode was disappointing, I was expecting Bloo to actually become a imaginary friend (he is a imaginary enemy ) and live with Mac, ending Mac's problem of feeling bad of living on his house when there was this incredibly abusing older brother. Despite Bloo living now with Mac they could had still visited their friends at Foster's.
Instead they decided to make a episode about impatience, boredom, and misunderstanding which all of them made it bad. As I “said” it before Cheese made the episode even worse, he is really annoying to me and seems to lacks the charm of a character. It turns out the Foster home became a nightmare house permanently as the show ended for good. Was it a insult to the viewers or a bad attempt to make a finale but they still tried to make it good? I will never know.

yoshiking14x said:
Shy​ Guy said:
The fact that Warner Bros. fired their best director, Bob Clampett.
Why was Bob Camplett fired?
I heard it was because the producer at the time, Eddie Selzer, hated his cartoons. I don't know why, though.

The SpongeBob episode "The Splinter" was pretty much to me building upon the Toenail Scene in House Fancy.

Northern Verve said:
That episode with Discord? You wouldn't be happening to be talking about Keep Calm and Flutter On are you? Because in that episode, her stare didn't work on Discord. He was just pretending to be effected until he completely laughs it off shortly afterward.

Yeah but the fact that she attempted to use it in the first place kinda bothers me. Of course, Discord was being Discord so it's not surprising how he wasn't affected by it.

Shy​ Guy said:
The SpongeBob episode "The Splinter" was pretty much to me building upon the Toenail Scene in House Fancy.
Ugh, I hated the Splinter.

When I was younger, I hated Fungus Among Us.

Shy​ Guy said:
yoshiking14x said:
Shy​ Guy said:
I heard it was because the producer at the time, Eddie Selzer, hated his cartoons. I don't know why, though.

Maybe he didn't like Daffy Duck being Daffy or being happy.

Nah!! I read in the wikipedia and Chuck Jones hated him(along with others) because they accused him of being a egotist who took all the credit. Yet Wikipedia is sometimes inaccurate like when they claimed that there was a season 4 for Sonic X.

Northern Verve said:
Outside of FiM though, I was quite annoyed with the whole Love Triangle stuff in Legend of Korra. It also kinda feels like they go into unnecessary romance stuff even afterward sometimes. But the whole "Bolin loves Korra, but Korra loves Mako, and Make is dating Asami! OH NOOOO!" felt too much like a Soap Opera and probably ones of the lowest lows the show has gone to. It's a good thing the whole thing ends for good after the 2nd season. Though sometimes it feels like they put an occasional unnecessary romance here and there still. (Like Meelo meeting this random girl that doesn't do anything later on in the episode that he seemed to get a crush on)
Shh. It's all over now. It merely existed as a segway to Korrasami.

Let me dream.

yoshiking14x said:
Shy​ Guy said:
yoshiking14x said:
Shy​ Guy said:

Maybe he didn't like Daffy Duck being Daffy or being happy.

Nah!! I read in the wikipedia and Chuck Jones hated him(along with others) because they accused him of being a egotist who took all the credit. Yet Wikipedia is sometimes inaccurate like when they claimed that there was a season 4 for Sonic X.
People who knew Clampett in real life never thought he was an egotist or anything.

The reason Chuck probably hated him was because he was one of his animators for a while, and Chuck hated all his bosses.

Not sure why the other people would hate him, though.

Another of those unexplained mysteries...

Ed Edd Eddy's Halloween special was not that good because Edd and Eddy are beaten up unfairly while Ed was unharmed for beating up the others.

I thought that entire episode was hilarious. It was odd that they beat up Edd and Eddy for no good reason, but Ed thinking that they were happy amused me for some reason.

*D.W.'s Very Bad Mood
"Let's make an episode about D.W.!" "OK, what should it be about?" "Let's make her throw a tantrum for the whole episode and increase her bratty behavior by 500%!" " Excellent idea, while we're at it, let's add an extremely stupid reason for her rotten attitude and reward her for it with absolutely no commeupance whatsoever!"

* D.W.'s Perfect Wish
A clip show of D.W.? Not the most intersting idea especially since D.W.'s the third worst character but it doesn't sound too bad. OK, here comes the ending, and D.W.'s another year older and another year brattier.

* Arthur's Big Hit
Arthur gets punished for hitting D.W.? OK. D.W. doesn't get punished for messing with Arthur's plane and throwing it out the window? What...Binky doesn't get punished for hitting Arthur...Double what...Then again why am i surprised? D.W. and Binky are half of the karma houdinis on the show.

* Cast Away
Arthur's rant about how D.W. always gets her way says it all. D.W. never even apologizes or feels the smallest ounce of guilt for ruining Arthur's museum and fishing trips with their Dad.

* So Funny I Forgot to Laugh
Arthur uncharacteristically makes fun of Sue Ellen for wearing a atrange looking sweater. OK, another bullying is wrong aesop, I can live with that, except Muffy and Francine are the ones calling Arthur out on his behavior. Way to be hypocritical you guys. And Buster, you shouldn't be talking either, when Sue Ellen first moved in. You thought she was an alien due to culture differences, not necessarily bullying but still rude. The aesop could've worked had it been someone who knew what it was like to be bullied like George calling out Arthur. Hey look, a bad episode that doesn't involve D.W.

Donatello said:
*D.W.'s Very Bad Mood
"Let's make an episode about D.W.!" "OK, what should it be about?" "Let's make her throw a tantrum for the whole episode and increase her bratty behavior by 500%!" " Excellent idea, while we're at it, let's add an extremely stupid reason for her rotten attitude and reward her for it with absolutely no commeupance whatsoever!"

* D.W.'s Perfect Wish
A clip show of D.W.? Not the most intersting idea especially since D.W.'s the third worst character but it doesn't sound too bad. OK, here comes the ending, and D.W.'s another year older and another year brattier.

* Arthur's Big Hit
Arthur gets punished for hitting D.W.? OK. D.W. doesn't get punished for messing with Arthur's plane and throwing it out the window? What...Binky doesn't get punished for hitting Arthur...Double what...Then again why am i surprised? D.W. and Binky are half of the karma houdinis on the show.

* Cast Away
Arthur's rant about how D.W. always gets her way says it all. D.W. never even apologizes or feels the smallest ounce of guilt for ruining Arthur's museum and fishing trips with their Dad.

* So Funny I Forgot to Laugh
Arthur uncharacteristically makes fun of Sue Ellen for wearing a atrange looking sweater. OK, another bullying is wrong aesop, I can live with that, except Muffy and Francine are the ones calling Arthur out on his behavior. Way to be hypocritical you guys. And Buster, you shouldn't be talking either, when Sue Ellen first moved in. You thought she was an alien due to culture differences, not necessarily bullying but still rude. The aesop could've worked had it been someone who knew what it was like to be bullied like George calling out Arthur. Hey look, a bad episode that doesn't involve D.W.
For the last episode, I was expecting Muffy to be the bully. Since when did Arthur cared about fashion?

The SpongeBob episodes A Pal for Gary, One Coarse Meal, House Fancy, The Splinter, Freeze Face, and Penny Foolish.

A Pal for Gary- SpongeBob is such a terrible person in this episode. Seriously, Gary saves your life and you yell at him?

One Coarse Meal- Plankton does not deserve this torture. That is just not fair.

House Fancy- Self-explainatory

The Splinter- Self-explainatory

Freeze Face- This episode is disgusting.

Penny Foolish- They are taking Mr. Krab's greed way too far.

I also don't like those Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron crossovers.

EDIT: This should probably be moved to Entertainment and Media.

DragonFreak said:
You know, when people recall terrible new spongebob episodes, they always forget Squid Baby (unless you are Mysterious Mr. Enter and then you bring it up as much as possible)

Maybe because the episode is so squicky that we don't even want to mention it? :X

The SpongeBob episode "Goo Goo Gass", while not the worst Modern SpongeBob episode ever, is still one of the worst, IMO.

Back