Characters You Like but Everyone Else Hates

Magikrazy said:
I think Starlow actually has a crush on Luigi. She just doesn't know how to show it.
Tsundere as fuck. Considering I wrote some things about Starlow and Dreambert (hey, let's put the annoying tutorial characters together so they'll have more annoying tutorial offspring!! hahaha no) I'm on board with this.

The Spiked Red One said:
Oh yes, Waluigi as well. I don't know why people don't want him in Smash, since Wario's been in for two games now and Waluigi is his partner and the spinoff king...

King Antasma said:
The Spiked Red One said:
Oh yes, Waluigi as well. I don't know why people don't want him in Smash, since Wario's been in for two games now and Waluigi is his partner and the spinoff king...
It's probably because Waluigi was created simply so Wario could have a Doubles Partner in Mario Tennis.

King Antasma said:
So? Luigi was created so there could be two players in Mario Bros.
People like Luigi because he appears in Main Series games and Spin-Offs, and has his own personality.

Waluigi is exclusive to Spin-Offs, hasn't appeared in even one Main Game, and serves little to no purpose in the Main Franchise.

Plus, Nintendo treats him like shit.

Until Waluigi gets some major roles, he doesn't have a chance in Smash. Plus, we don't need any more Mario characters. And you can't really count him as a Wario character because he has never appeared in a Wario game.

Waluigi is considered a Mario character in Smash Bros, so he couldn't be a Wario character.

I'd prefer Ashley or Rudy the Clown.

Magikrazy said:
Waluigi is considered a Mario character in Smash Bros, so he couldn't be a Wario character.

I'd prefer Ashley or Rudy the Clown.

Weellllll if I want to nitpick, in the (first) Smash Direct. For some reason, Waluigi was given the Wario symbol instead of the Mario symbol. Though at the same time, Waluigi is still found under the Mario series trophies in the actualgame. (Though that makes sense considering Wario's series is called WarioWare, not just Wario. As Waluigi has not made even a cameo appearence in the WarioWare games). So it might of just been a contradiction or mistake done in the Direct or something. But ya know.

The Spiked Red One said:
GalacticPetey said:
It''s probably a mistake. The 50 Fact extravaganza listed Skyworld as a Zelda stage, even though it's a Kid Icarus stage.

You mean Skyloft, where Skyward Sword takes place?
Yeah, mentions Skyworld instead of Skyloft as a Link stage.

GalacticPetey said:
I support Captain Syrup

uhh I'm pretty sure a large number of people do

At this point, Miis.

I think the dislike for them these days get overblown since by now Miis are as central to Nintendo as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are. I'm not saying you HAVE to like the Miis but to say they ruin anything they're included in is a little far. Particularly with the Miis role in Smash Bros. In either/or between the Mii Fighters themselves (Which I don't know about you, but I find the Mii Brawler one of the most fun characters to play as in the game) or their usage in the Smash Tour mode that are just your player pieces. I guess I just don't understand why they're so polarizing that they're literally listed as a reason that people are turned off to a mode or even an entire game at some points.

Well for starters, Miis should really stay out of the main Mario games. Let Mario be Mario, keep those ugly avatars out of them. I'm fine with them as an optional playable character like say in Mario Kart, but please, I don't want to use a ---ing Mii as a file icon, nor do I want them to be my Smash pieces in Super Smash Bros. And please, when I bought Fortune Street, I wanted to play as the MARIO characters, not be stuck as some ---ty avatar.

? Block said:
Well for starters, Miis should really stay out of the main Mario games. Let Mario be Mario, keep those ugly avatars out of them. I'm fine with them as an optional playable character like say in Mario Kart, but please, I don't want to use a ---ing Mii as a file icon, nor do I want them to be my Smash pieces in Super Smash Bros. And please, when I bought Fortune Street, I wanted to play as the MARIO characters, not be stuck as some ---ty avatar.
True, the style does not mesh well at all with Mario. And the voices are just...please nintendo why

I can tolerate the Mii Fighters in Smash. At least they shut up.

? Block said:
I can tolerate the Mii Fighters in Smash. At least they shut up.

and are actually good, which i didn't expect at all.

Northern Verve said:
At this point, Miis.

I think the dislike for them these days get overblown since by now Miis are as central to Nintendo as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are. I'm not saying you HAVE to like the Miis but to say they ruin anything they're included in is a little far. Particularly with the Miis role in Smash Bros. In either/or between the Mii Fighters themselves (Which I don't know about you, but I find the Mii Brawler one of the most fun characters to play as in the game) or their usage in the Smash Tour mode that are just your player pieces. I guess I just don't understand why they're so polarizing that they're literally listed as a reason that people are turned off to a mode or even an entire game at some points.
Turning down Fortune Street or Smash Tour because of Miis is a great reason because you'd be expected to use your favorite characters, considering that both are CROSSOVERS which will advertise the "oh look Mario and Dragon Quest interact with each other" but no, in single player mode, you're forced to use one generic-looking human avatar thing from a roster of 25.

Smash Tour isn't as bad, but you can't be limited to just a Mii to represent you when there's the entire cast of colorful characters from Nintendo right there. That's just not right.

The Miis are great addition as fighters, but don't have them steal playable roles right before every other character's eyes. I mean, Mii Gunner is such fun to use, lol. :P

If you were allowed to pick your fighter in Smash Tour, you would just be stuck with that one instead of being able to collect fighters.

The only reason why Miis are used in smash tour is mostly because they are the only option given the concept.

The reason I hate Miis is that they are really overdone by Nintendo. You could say the same thing about Rosalina, but she just feels like one of the main Mario characters now, so I don't have a problem with her.

Back