Characters You Like but Everyone Else Hates

Javelin said:
Zae Eildus said:
King Harkinian said:
ThreeThousand said:
Gangrel, apparently.
So far, I think Gangrel was a better villain than Validar.

thats not saying much at all.

Both of them sucked as villains to be honest with you.
the real villain was WALHART, WHO IS A MANLY VILLAIN WHO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS THE OTHER TWO THUGS. HE IS SIMPLY TOO MANLY AND AWESOME AND INEXORABLE.
eh, walmarts ok i guess

i usually go to meijier because its closer

Crocodile Dippy said:
I understand it might sound silly to be so politically correct over a fictional dinosaur, but for me at least, it's mostly the principle of the matter given Birdetta's frequent misnaming from Nintendo and the fanbase reflects the sort of misgendering real trans persons experience on a day to day basis.

It's not being politically correct at all. Fictional characters still go by pronouns even though they are fictional, so if you were to refer a transgendered man in real life as a "she", you would do so to a transgendered fictional male character.

Gabumon said:
Auburn S said:
People hate Agitha? Why? She's one of the few actually interesting characters.
I don't think anybody hated her in Twilight Princess, but apparently some people despise her in Hyrule Warriors.

From what I've seen, they hate her moveset and/or personality.

Seto Kaiba said:
Marth said:
Starlow is awesome, why is she so hated?
It's because she kills or helps kill all my friends.
Ooohhh yeah, I thought we were just heading in the games aspect. In the games, she's cool.

Games only play a small part in MarioWiki's canon, though. Meaning that Starlow is a bitch and she must die.

Marth said:

I hate the way she treats Luigi. The guy gets enough shit from the world already, he doesn't really need a little ball of hate on top of that.

Normally, I don't mind it when someone gets condescending towards Luigi but Starlow is supposed to be someone you're supposed to be rooting for, not be against. The way she does that is just....cringeworthy indeed.

Gabumon said:
Marth said:

I hate the way she treats Luigi. The guy gets enough *bleep* from the world already, he doesn't really need a little ball of hate on top of that.
I also don't mind it that Luigi is the butt of jokes, but Starlow just does it wrong.

almost everyone's already a bitch to Luigi so idgaf that she picks on him

It's the way she does it.

Most of the people who end up treating Luigi shittily do so out of ignorance, mostly because either they don't know who he is, or they assume he is some sort of weird green Mario. However, Starlow knows full well who he is and she does it out of genuine, calculated malice.

A fantastic example happens in Dream Team, during the tutorial for messing around with Luigi's dreams to help Mario progress. The way they even find out about that is because Starlow hates Luigi's guts to such an extent that she can't help but try to physically harm the guy. For sleeping. Even though she knows full well that he is helping Mario by doing that. Her very vocal contempt for Luigi goes so far that it eclipses her awareness of Luigi's intent and the situation as a whole.

I find her repulsive for that reason. Pretty much also because I know people who are like that in real life.

I think the worse one for me was the optional quest in BiS where she laughs at Luigi saying he destroying all the Shroobs, stating something along the lines of "what did you do? Cry on them?" (Which I get that they were making a reference, but...)

Which lead to Luigi curling up into a ball and poking the ground.

Gabumon said:

Most of the people who end up treating Luigi shittily do so out of ignorance, mostly because either they don't know who he is, or they assume he is some sort of weird green Mario. However, Starlow knows full well who he is and she does it out of genuine, calculated malice.

A fantastic example happens in Dream Team, during the tutorial for messing around with Luigi's dreams to help Mario progress. The way they even find out about that is because Starlow hates Luigi's guts to such an extent that she can't help but try to physically harm the guy. For sleeping. Even though she knows full well that he is helping Mario by doing that. Her very vocal contempt for Luigi goes so far that it eclipses her awareness of Luigi's intent and the situation as a whole.

I find her repulsive for that reason. Pretty much also because I know people who are like that in real life.
i've only played BIS and the only time I remember her being in bitchy in that respect was during that quest BMB mentioned and she apologized after that

Well, she's back to doing it in DT, so that apology meant fuckall.

But anyway, I just wanted to explain why the character can be perceived as dislikable, not hammer it into the ground (because that's annoying). If you find Starlow tolerable, then that is perfectly fine.

Claus said:
I think the worse one for me was the optional quest in BiS where she laughs at Luigi saying he destroying all the Shroobs, stating something along the lines of "what did you do? Cry on them?" (Which I get that they were making a reference, but...)

But she's wrong

Clearly it was Baby Luigi who did all of that. In fact, I don't see why they didn't mentioned that they traveled with time paradoxes.

Luigi and Baby Luigi are the same person, only at different ages. There's not really a reason to differentiate between the two when talking about their accomplishments.

Gabumon said:

Claus said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about these.

Yup, she's a bitch. Call the bitch-police, she's gonna get arrested.

Gabumon said:
Luigi and Baby Luigi are the same person, only at different ages. There's not really a reason to differentiate between the two when talking about their accomplishments.

I'm not.completely serious with that post, its just my personal pov that everyone shloudnt take too seriousky

Either that or she's simply being an asshole

? Block said:
Claus said:

But she's wrong

Clearly it was Baby Luigi who did all of that. In fact, I don't see why they didn't mentioned that they traveled with time paradoxes.

Well, before that, Mario told her that when they were babies they defeated them, so while you said you were joking, she technically was talking about Baby Luigi.

And maybe just to not confuse the players who haven't played PiT.

Back