Characters You Like but Everyone Else Hates

NitoriAria

Candid Friend
Are there any characters that you feel like you're the only one that likes them?

Some characters that come to mind for me are Sanae, Aya, Oil Man, Cream, and Charmy.

estellise from tales of vesperia

seems like everyone but me hates her, and im not sure why.

Probably #1 on the list for me is Birdo. The amount of hate is just so much.

Of course I am used to feeling the pain of liking something people hate/not interested in.

Sherlock Holmes said:
I don't get the hate for Fi. Like people say her voice is annoying, and I am like "...No. It's pretty cool sounding" and then they that her "calculations" are annoying, but I like it because I love precise calculations. Easily the second best Zelda guide (with Midna being first)

i didnt like fi because she has little to no emotion at all, plus her design is really ugly.

there's a 100% chance that Fi's computerish personality was precisely why I liked her

I like Navi and think her annoyingness is greatly exaggerated by the fandom. At least she never takes control away from you to forbid you from entering various areas.

Gabumon said:
I like Navi and think her annoyingness is greatly exaggerated by the fandom. At least she never takes control away from you to forbid you from entering various areas.

i dont even remember navi being annoying at all.

what is even the complaints anyway?

Starlow, Tippi, Dreambert

When I read the title I thought of Stanley from a Troll in Central Park.

Zae Eildus said:
Gabumon said:

People don't like that she "Hey!"s at you occasionally to tell you what to do next. The complaints are blown way out of proportion though, since most make it sound like she does that every two minutes.

Perhaps the most annoying complaint I have heard, and keep hearing to this day, is about her behavior in the final boss fight. Before the Ganon boss fight, she says something akin to "He has no power over me anymore, this time we fight together", which is a reference to how she couldn't help you in the fight against Ganondorf because the latter blew evil smoke in your face or some nonsense like that. People read her description of Ganon, in which she notes she doesn't know Ganon's weakness, and then they go like "Nerrrr, she's not helping like she said she would, what a bitch!".

What they don't seem to get is that Navi's help in that battle doesn't refer to her advice, it refers to the fact that she enables you to Z-target Ganon. They don't realize that in the previous fight against Ganondorf, the one where she explicitely states she cannot help you, you cannot Z-target Ganondorf unless he is disabled by the light arrows. Like, go play the battle again and try to do it without shooting a light arrow in his face. You can't target him.

So when Navi says "We'll fight together", she doesn't mean she'll give you great advice, she's basically saying "This time I'll let you Z-target the fucker no matter what".

It's a pretty ridiculous complaint.

Gabumon said:
Zae Eildus said:
Gabumon said:

People don't like that she "Hey!"s at you occasionally to tell you what to do next. The complaints are blown way out of proportion though, since most make it sound like she does that every two minutes.

Perhaps the most annoying complaint I have heard, and keep hearing to this day, is about her behavior in the final boss fight. Before the Ganon boss fight, she says something akin to "He has no power over me anymore, this time we fight together", which is a reference to how she couldn't help you in the fight against Ganondorf because the latter blew evil smoke in your face or some nonsense like that. People read her description of Ganon, in which she notes she doesn't know Ganon's weakness, and then they go like "Nerrrr, she's not helping like she said she would, what a bitch!".

What they don't seem to get is that Navi's help in that battle doesn't refer to her advice, it refers to the fact that she enables you to Z-target Ganon. They don't realize that in the previous fight against Ganondorf, the one where she explicitely states she cannot help you, you cannot Z-target Ganondorf unless he is disabled by the light arrows. Like, go play the battle again and try to do it without shooting a light arrow in his face. You can't target him.

So when Navi says "We'll fight together", she doesn't mean she'll give you great advice, she's basically saying "This time I'll let you Z-target the fucker no matter what".

It's a pretty ridiculous complaint.

....that is a really dumb complaint.

Birdo and Navi.

Zae Eildus said:
i didnt like fi because she has little to no emotion at all, plus her design is really ugly.

Obviously you don't have taste then

Navi and Fi were definitely great.

I think the same can be applied with Fi as Edo said about Navi, as a lot of the complaints are blown out of proportion. I mean, unless your battery is low every hour, then you don't really have to hear her beeping about the beeping.

Claus said:
Zae Eildus said:

Obviously you don't have taste then

Navi and Fi were definitely great.

I think the same can be applied with Fi as Edo said about Navi, as a lot of the complaints are blown out of proportion. I mean, unless your battery is low every hour, then you don't really have to hear her beeping about the beeping.

yeah a lot of the complaints about fi are pretty absurd, i may not like her character much, but she's really not that annoying.

He's responsible for the death/brain damage of the main character's sister and acts like a huge fuck about it. I'm not surprised he attracts a lot of dislike.

ThreeThousand said:
Gangrel, apparently.
So far, I think Gangrel was a better villain than Validar.

Gabumon said:
He's responsible for the death/brain damage of the main character's sister and acts like a huge fuck about it. I'm not surprised he attracts a lot of dislike.
I read this out of curiosity.

Shit.

Back