The Official Music Thread

Probably one of my favourite artists. He's pretty out there lyrically, but I find some of his stuff quite beautiful.

Ibuki Mioda said:
[youtube]Oe[/youtube]

Ooh, respect.

I love Relient K so it's cool to see 'em cover one of their songs.

A friend of mine showed me a Breaking Benjamin song (I Will Not Bow), and I loved it. Now I'm listening to Anthem of the Angels.

Whilst in Edinburgh I picked up the Killers' Day & Age and Arcade Fire's Neon Bible from a closing HMV. Still no sign of SOAD's Toxicity album though. Both of those are albums by bands I like very well but only have one or two songs from on itunes. Thing is, I can't put the rest of those albums onto my ipod as it's out-of-space.

I might buy a Radiohead or Boards of Canada CD at some point soon, since Scarecrow got me into them recently.

EDIT: Also, I saw Foreigner at the annual Florida Strawberry Festival yesterday. I wrote a review about it here.

Alexneushoorn said:
I enjoy songs like Micheal Jackson's '''Thriller'' and ''Beat It''
Do you mean R&B or "songs i heard on the radio".
If it's the former, I recommend you check out the rest of MJ's catalog, because all of his music kicks ass, especially the Thriller, Bad and Blood on the Dance Floor albums.

Xpike said:
Alexneushoorn said:
If it's the former, I recommend you check out the rest of MJ's catalog, because all of his music kicks ass, especially the Thriller, Bad and Blood on the Dance Floor albums.

idk. I listen to them via Youtube.

Xpike said:
Alexneushoorn said:

I'm glad somebody else appreciates that last album. "Morphine" is amazing.

Xpike said:
Alexneushoorn said:

personally i enjoy everything from mj.

can't really think of something that i actually dislike.

I'm open to listening to all sorts of music with the exception of Rap and Country... Not my cup of tea.

However, like anyone, I have a choice few favorites; and they are: trance, futurepop, industrial. Things of that nature.

I finally got around to listening to the songs on the new Chili Peppers album.

Brendan's Death Song is so touching and awesome. I love their new guitarist, but John will and always will be my favorite.

duh, the BEST music I've ever listened to is the SM64 Ultimate Bowser Metal Remix. It's so fucking awesome D:

I've been listening to a lot of third-wave ska lately. Reel Big Fish, 311, Suburban Legends, Goldfinger, Streetlight Manifesto, The Aquabats, and all that good stuff.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced the 2014 nominees:

Nirvana
Chic
KISS
Hall and Oates
The Replacements
The Meters
Linda Ronstadt
N.W.A.
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Deep Purple
Peter Gabriel
LL Cool J
Cat Stevens
Link Wray
Yes
The Zombies

Extremely happy Yes and the Zombies were nominated, but extremely disappointed that ELO, the Moody Blues, Chicago, and Boston have all been snubbed yet again. Come on, Hall of Fame, come on.

WolferLufe said:
I've been listening to a lot of third-wave ska lately. Reel Big Fish, 311, Suburban Legends, Goldfinger, Streetlight Manifesto, The Aquabats, and all that good stuff.

you

we must be friends

Bruce Springsteen is coming out with a new album in January titled High Hopes. A couple songs on the album are covers. A lot of this album is stuff Bruce wrote awhile ago that never made it onto an album. There will most likely be a tour in 2014. I just hope there's gonna be a show near me.

Here's the song "High Hopes"

Back