What non-video game characters would you like to see in Smash?

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
It will probably never happen, but who would you want?

I'd enjoy playing as Popeye or Snoopy. They're probably the most likely too, considering Nintendo released several Game & Watch games starring them back in the day.

Magikrazy said:
300px-North_American_ROB.png

I'd like to see Captain N or Non-Specific Action Figure

Preferably, I wouldn't want any. Since I like the rule that the character must be a Nintendo owned-character (Which is why ROB is exempt from this rule) and even in the case of 3rd Parties. Must of have some sort of impact with Nintendo.

While the Miis aren't exactly perfect for customization (At least the hair color spray from Tomodachi Life could of helped alot). They're there for any humanoid characters that aren't owned by Nintendo or real-life people.

Even if Smash Bros. became desperate enough to pull from characters that didn't originate from Video games. You still have a small pool of what could actually happen because you'd have to think what are the biggest icons in Media outside of Video games. Even though SMF was just trolling back then, Mickey Mouse would suddenly be one of those on the forefront :P Or Goku in terms of Anime characters.

Well like I said, Popeye definitely was involved with Nintendo back in the day, as well as Snoopy, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (albeit to a lesser extent).

I believe Sakurai has stated that no characters from anime are allowed, although he has redacted claims in the past. You never know.

It's just that Nintendo would have to be REALLY, REALLY desperate for characters that are as simply we can say it "4th party".

There are desperate options that are more easily done. On the Nintendo side, whether or not they gain any importance by the next Smash. Waluigi and Daisy would both probably be considered pretty desperate 1st Party reps. And with 3rd Party reps you don't have to go any further then just giving Sonic more characters then just Sonic. Because assuming Sonic returns (Which he likely will) in the next Smash, they could pull a "Kirby franchise in Brawl" thing where Sonic and Kirby both had only one rep for two games but in the 3rd time they came back they had 2 more additional characters added despite the fact that Sonic's a 3rd Party.

I was kinda expecting you to post either that or Stanley from troll in central park lol

lol, A troll in central park is like a guilty pleasure of mine. I'd actually like that too, but it would probably be the most random thing ever.

Wallace and Gromit, even though they have been in video games before. The same goes for SpongeBob SquarePants.

I'd rather not have non-video game characters in Smash.

Eh, who disagrees?

I'd like maybe a Mercedes Benz SUV.

? Block said:
Dr. Mario said:
I'd like maybe a Mercedes Benz SUV.

I'd main that

Neutral B: Does donuts!
Side B: Drives!
Up B: Defies gravity and drives at 90 degrees!
Down B: Drives into the ground and pops out somewhere else!

Magikrazy said:

I'd enjoy playing as Popeye or Snoopy. They're probably the most likely too, considering Nintendo released several Game & Watch games starring them back in the day.
Popeye has the added benefit of being public domain.

I would like to see Bugs Bunny in Smash if they ever had non-video game characters in Smash.

Never going to happen, but it would be nice to see him in Smash.

Obviously unlikely but the only ones I think I am okay with are the following:

From Disney: Logo a silhouette of Mickey's head.

Mickey Mouse: Can do Epic Mickey moves and from Kingdom Hearts, his final Smash is Wizard apprentice Mickey.
AltCostume: Minnie

Pete:Can easily cary others and he is the Disney equivalent of Bowser.
AltCostume: Peg Leg Pete

Mortimer:Uses explosives and his final Smash is running over opponents with his car. Alt Costume: his original design.

Donald: Uses moves from Disney Infinity and his Final Smash is him summoning Panchito and Jose Carioca and they all ride on a bull that crushes anything on its sight.
Alt Costume: Daisy Duck or Scrooge Mc Duck.

Goofy: Does similar attacks like he does in Kingdom Hearts and like Donald from Disney Infinity.
FS: makes Big Foot angry and he hides on a car and the beast fights everyone outside of the car.
Alt Costume: Waiter Goofy

Looney Tunes: Logo: the Warner Bros symbol

Bugs Bunny:Has explosives and hammers final Smash is him as super Bugs Bunny.
AltCostume: Lola

Daffy Dumas Duck(The Wacky one):Can do wackier stuff,use extendable boxing gloves and can fly really fast and defeat anyone on his path. Final Smash:flys around and drops anvils.
Alt Costume: Duck Dodgers

Taz:Is a wild beast, uses tornados as a final Smash.

Wile E Coyote:Uses Gadgets, Final Smash: Giant coyote robot.

Marvin the Martian:Uses guns and Final Smash is using his Martians to fight everyone while riding on his UFO.

yoshiking14x said:
Goofy: Does similar attacks like he does in Kingdom Hearts and like Donald from Disney Infinity.
FS: makes Big Foot angry and he hides on a car and the beast fights everyone outside of the car.

I would love a Disney-esque Smash Bros. game (Even if it turned out as bad as Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion was) just for the sake of having Goofy yell his signature scream for a Star KO

I'm going to assume you mean this digimon

Spider-Man

Northern Verve said:
yoshiking14x said:

I would love a Disney-esque Smash Bros. game (Even if it turned out as bad as Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion was) just for the sake of having Goofy yell his signature scream for a Star KO

Hahaha!! Mine was a bizarre one.

Can game designers get sued if they make a game that is about knocking your opponents of stage, or you don't have to give them permittion?

yoshiking14x said:
Hahaha!! Mine was a bizarre one.

Can game designers get sued if they make a game that is about knocking your opponents of stage, or you don't have to give them permittion?

Well I mentioned Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. And I don't see Nintendo considering suing CN for blatant copying of Smash Bros. Punch Time Explosion even has the damage percentage. It was a pretty lazy Smash Bros. clone anyway that wasn't that well designed.. Doesn't really do anything much to Nintendo any more then the many licensed Mario Kart clones.

There's also Playstation All-Stars though there's far more differences between PAS and Smash Bros. LIke KOs can only be done through using three different kinds of Supers for each character.

Back