What non-video game characters would you like to see in Smash?

Perhaps Iwata could join the fray.

I'd like to see Snoopy. I can just see it already, his battle entrance is him walking out of his Dog house. Have an attack by whipping Linus' blanket. Final Smash is him flying his Doghouse shooting down at everyone. One of his taunts could be him acting like a vulture like in some of the Charlie Brown Specials.

I am thinking way too much about it.

Yeah but if you're going to be like that then Palutena is a non game character because she's based on Greek goddess Athena.

Megamario15 said:
Cirdec said:
If I can't have Iwata, that will do.
What's Mario doing in the background?
He looks exactly like Mario figure I have on my desk.

supermariofan said:
Amaterasu from Okami. How is she a non video game character? Because Okami is based on a mythical legend from Japan
SiFi said:
Yeah but if you're going to be like that then Palutena is a non game character because she's based on Greek goddess Athena.

It really depends since a lot of persona fighters from the Persona games are based on actual religion too, so it's kind of a gray line there.

Look at me replying 9 years later!

I have some suggestions for some characters:

Applejack or Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Applejack is a strong character who has the strength to compete in Smash because of all of the hard work she does. Her final smash could be providing a kick so strong, it defeats the opponent no matter their HP. Rainbow Dash is an incredibly quick character who could definitely be an awesome combo character in general. Her final smash could be causing a sonic rainboom, dealing high damage as well as high launch power to all fighters who get caught in it. Important note: Applejack and Rainbow Dash are separate characters, not characters that can swap during battle, like Pyra/Mythra.
IMG_5339.pngIMG_5338.png

Batman: It sounds goofy, I know. Batman has lots of cool gadgets that he can use during battle. Batarangs could be projectiles, and his Final Smash could be something like using the Batmobile. Plus Robin and the Joker are characters, so why can't Batman be one too?
IMG_5337.jpeg
Bill Nye the Science Guy: Being the science guy, Bill can use the power of science and learning to defeat the opponents. His final smash would be "BILL NYE THE Science GUY!" If they made piranha plant a character, they can definitely make Bill Nye the Science Guy a character.
IMG_5340.jpeg
These are some suggestions! Maybe they can become characters. Who knows?

Last edited:
I have thought about this question in earnest on and off, and my very honest answer is Hatsune Miku

She's not strictly a video game character, but she is from a digital software and has a remarkable presence in video games. Her status as a cultural icon and her overall vibe is enough for me to think that even if she isn't sourced from a game, she would still feel like she fits into the general Smash roster

As far as characters from anime go, the Team Rocket trio seems like a sensible choice to me. Yes, they've appeared in the games, but like come on, they're TV show characters first and foremost, but like you come on, that's a game series tie-in. It straddles the line very well. Jessie and James have to be some of the most recognizable human characters in the franchise, and they could stand apart from all past series reps by relying on gadgets instead of Pokémon moves.

I'd like to see Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Boris Johnson, and of course Carlos Santana

Dude Carlos Santana is a no brainer because he'd bring his phenomenal music with him.

One of the comic strip characters would be a dream come true (but not sure for other people. After all, comic strips is not a popular medium).

- Popeye is one character I would like seeing, because of his historical ties with Nintendo.
- Garfield is another character. Certainly that Nickelodeon fighting game gave him a move set, so maybe we can reapply some of that into Smash?
- Snoopy is an unexpected pick, but if Villager from Animal Crossing works, maybe there's hope for Snoopy.

Thank you for reading.

Back