Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

I kinda hate the Sonic mouth, at least Mario. It looks stupid and is unnatural as hell, as it's done to....I don't know, emphasize his mouth facial expression. The mouth works better if it's more stylized in a 2D drawing or if the 3D model is more stylized, but here, you can see they're trying to go for a more "realistic" Mario if you get my drift and the sideways jaw looks really off and jarring in comparison to the rest of the model.

Baby Luigi said:
I kinda hate the Sonic mouth, at least Mario. It looks stupid and is unnatural as hell, as it's done to....I don't know, emphasize his mouth facial expression. The mouth works better if it's more stylized in a 2D drawing or if the 3D model is more stylized, but here, you can see they're trying to go for a more "realistic" Mario if you get my drift and the sideways jaw looks really off and jarring in comparison to the rest of the model.

I would low-key love it if Mario artwork went back to being hand-drawn.
Like, I understand having a 3D model that you can just rig and capture from multiple angles is much easier to do, but there's something about hand-drawn artwork that just oozes quality.

I'm finding it hard to get Mario-related images for this. Who wants to extend this to weird-looking anything Nintendo?

Lady Rosalina said:
because everyone knows sonic is a better character and mario wants to become a better character
Mario doesn't need to act cool to be cool.

Doesn't matter what everyone says, he's always cool to me.

GigaGiffy said:
but there's something about hand-drawn artwork that just oozes quality.
I think these renders ooze quality tho.

And I don't have a problem with Mario's mouth at all. I like this pose, too, it makes him lively.

Magikrazy said:
oh i thought it was zero suit samus modded into melee
I thought it was a Mario Kart 8 character.

Presumably, to ward off bacteria and evil spirits. Like this shriveled, rotting corpse below.

nintendo-bootlegs-creepy-mario_0.jpg

Intellivision is a smiling head with legs, and DOS is a demon. With a wristband because it makes him cool.

Back