Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

While he gets kidnapped.

Baby Luigi said:
Looks high-res only because of the render settings I used.
Doesn't matter if you use pretty three-point lighting, jacked up the anti-aliasing to Pixar-quality, enabled raytracing, or messed around with mental ray, something that has a low polycount and extremely low-res textures will still look like vomit, but with pretty lights and raytracing (especially Baby Mario and Baby Luigi's hat insignia, it still looks particularly awful).

Mister Wu: Why aren't they using San-ei brand Mario plushies? Looks jarring against the other San-ei plushies. D:

Also
Stacy: Hey, where's Paper Luigi?
Narrator: Ho ho ho, Stacy. Don't tell me, I got this, Stacy forgets her question and will never bring it up again!

Striker Mario said:
Mister Wu: Why aren't they using San-ei brand Mario plushies? Looks jarring against the other San-ei plushies. D:

Also
Stacy: Hey, where's Paper Luigi?
Narrator: Ho ho ho, Stacy. Don't tell me, I got this, Stacy forgets her question and will never bring it up again!

I don't even think I am trying to make sense out of that "commercial" and the choice of plushies (maybe they wanted to promote also the old ones...), but I'll wait for that moment:

Stacy: but where are the Koopatrols?
Narrator: HO, Ho, Ho, Stacy! Here's your lollipop! Now eat and shut up!

Striker Mario said:
Doesn't matter if you use pretty three-point lighting, jacked up the anti-aliasing to Pixar-quality, enabled raytracing, or messed around with mental ray, something that has a low polycount and extremely low-res textures will still look like vomit, but with pretty lights and raytracing (especially Baby Mario and Baby Luigi's hat insignia, it still looks particularly awful).

That's why I said "passable", dip*bleep*

I didn't even mention that it looks like pixar quality. All I said was that it "looks" hi-res. I mean, people claimed that Mario Kart 8 models looked "hi-res" even though they were anything but that, that it was the rendering environments that gave them their look. Good rendering techniques is around as important to creating a pleasing image as much as actually having a high poly and high texture res.

And then you go on to mention how crappy the textures are, something I already acknowledged in my post. And I had mentioned it's not my best render, that I kinda rushed it because of the ----ing internet time limit imposed on our computer and that I want to make the most of it.

I know about this around as much as you, you don't need to act condescending about this subject towards me.

I am jealous of their plush goombas.

Six degrees of freedom yoshi.

The Pyro Guy said:
ArHwgmj.gif
Turning YNI Yoshi into a wireframe really brings out the appallingly low polygon amount.

It's not as low as say N64 Yoshi

You know it's bad when you have to use a model from three generations ago as a comparison.

It's not a fair comparison to compare the 3DS graphical capabilities with say, a modern gaming computer's graphics either.

Compare that to Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS's models, the last handheld generation, and it's a huge improvement.

why are the mario edutainment games ironically the creepiest?

I agree, I have never played them and don't want to play them lol, because i find them very creepy and weird.

I think it's the green Mario bootlegs that wanted LGM to change her character's M on her hat to an L

The model quality and paint job aren't shabby though. I think they look pretty cute!

Threek said:
literally leftygreenmario

green mario on the left
I'd totally fit in a small kart, too given my total weight of being a whopping 92 pounds. ;)

Just noticed this subtle detail:
MortonNSMBU.png

Either Morton has a super small attachment of the legs to the body or they probably got the left leg wrong, covering parts of the padded stomach. As comparison:
Morton_1.jpg

And the best official Morton's drawing evah:
SMWMortonKoopaJr.png

Clever Morton is a thing of beauty...

Isn't that just his fat thighs covering his belly?

Baby Luigi said:
Isn't that just his fat thighs covering his belly?
This is why I talked about "small attachment", I definitely considered this possibility. Sorry that I didn't find a better term. In this hypothesis, the leg would go from the padded belly to the point where the leg starts on the bottom, which is not much.

If you look at it closer, the lines separating the leg and belly looks too hard to be an artist mistake at drawing his belly

Back