Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

DHaz4PqXsAA5D89.jpg

Feels like it's a law of the universe or something; every time a new Smash game gets released, people will animation swap characters.

Some people posted modding progress on characters in the MK8DX modding Discord. I apologize beforehand for posting the images here but I just couldn't resist.

Your mods are beautiful and I appreciate you're taking the time to make these guys!
unknown.png

unknown.png

screenshot_734.png

screenshot_739.png

3KZGDsG.jpg

I think I like nearly everything about it.

First, it's Cranky Kong! What's not to like about this gleeful old ape? He's even wearing cool shades, but he will insist it's to keep the sun out of his eyes, the young ones don't even care if they stare at the sun all day!

Then it's Yoshi, who has the thousand-year stare and battle scars. He embodies a similar energy to that Luigi earlier in this thread, but less malformed.

Blue Toad, who is much taller than the rest, hollering at something offscreen. Maybe that's why Yoshi is staring so far off in the distance.

Bullet Bill is trying for a very fine balancing act.... and succeeding! Not bad for a cylinder with no legs! I don't think I could've managed the same.

Luigi is asking, you, a forum reader, "AND YOU GOTTA HELP US". Help them do what? Provide spare change? Looks like someone already tossed one coin to Mario, who has to pay for the repairs of his dislocated shoulder!

And Piranha Plant, that alone likely explains the scars Yoshi got! What poor dental work! Piranha Plant should work on that and apply a generous dose of balm for its chapped lips in the mean time!

I took some stills and they're disturbing

1597775575862.png

mario not only has an elongated-looking nose but his pupils appear bigger and even more soulless, since everything except his pupils and nose shrinks

1597775537491.png

breadstick with eyes

Isn't there an ad that shows a progression of that transformation?

Hey you know what I think now?

Mario wasn't born in Italy, nor America, nor Japan, nor anything. He was born as that amorphous floating head in some blue space like the ones its always in, until one day he morphed a body. Mystery solved.

Luigi's head is a planet in Super Mario Galaxy just like Yoshi, Peach, and Toad.

Back