The DLC thread: What do you want for DLC?

SNAAAAAAAAAKE

*takes a moment of silence to think about possible dlc characters that will never happen as they were made assist trophies*

If they were to add King K. Rool as downloadable content, I wouldn't care who else were to get in. Why they decided not to add him into the game despite the overwhelming amount of demand, I'll never know.

I remember reading a gameFAQs topic back when Brawl was released saying something like Japanese Nintendo fans wouldn't care about Diddy being in Brawl since the Donkey Kong games weren't too popular there. And that person might not be wrong.

DK was created as a prototype arch enemy for Mario and once Bowser came in, DK essentially became a throwaway character and might not have returned if not for Rareware and later Retro Studios.

Still, i agree that not having K. Rool was a dissapointment.

New characters, stages, and trophies....like that one

Donatello said:
I remember reading a gameFAQs topic back when Brawl was released saying something like Japanese Nintendo fans wouldn't care about Diddy being in Brawl since the Donkey Kong games weren't too popular there. And that person might not be wrong.
Actually, the Donkey Kong series is pretty popular in Japan. Donkey Kong 64 and the TV series, in particular, were more well-received over there than they were in any other country.

My DLC wishlist:

Characters: Paper Mario, Waluigi (a Waluigi clone character could replace his Assist Trophy after downloading him)

Stages: a Mario & Luigi stage, possibly also an add on for the PM stage to represent the other two games

Alts: Mr. L, Dark Bowser, Shadow Queen Peach

Assist Trophies: Fawful, Dimentio, Antasma, or any other Mario RPG character with potential

Trophies: Pretty much anything from Mario & Luigi, or pre-Sticker Star Paper Mario

King Antasma said:
My DLC wishlist:

Characters: Paper Mario, Waluigi (a Waluigi clone character could replace his Assist Trophy after downloading him)

Stages: a Mario & Luigi stage, possibly also an add on for the PM stage to represent the other two games

Alts: Mr. L, Dark Bowser, Shadow Queen Peach

Assist Trophies: Fawful, Dimentio, Antasma, or any other Mario RPG character with potential

Trophies: Pretty much anything from Mario & Luigi, or pre-Sticker Star Paper Mario
No more Mario content please. We have more than enough.

Franchises like Metroid, Donkey Kong and Star Fox need the extra content more.

But it's still Mario content. Mario has five stages, seven characters, three assist trophies, 18 items, and 13 Smash Run enemies in the 3DS version alone.

Metroid has one stage (reused for a third time), two versions of the same character, three assist trophies, one item, and three Smash Run enemies

Indeed, the last thing we need is more Mario stuff.

I wanted(Still do) Charmander,Squirtle,and Bulbasaur as both tag team and as DLC'S. If not, I can still wait for them to be playable.

Note this comment is MY want DLC'S, no reason to argue of why they shouldn't be in any Smash Bros game.

Donatello said:
Kellam said:
I say newcomers are highly unlikely, they gotta have something for Smash 5.

Who said there's even going to be a Smash 5? I'm surprised we got Smash 4 at all.

Ha.

Smash is like Mario Kart, as long as there is a new console/handheld, there will be a new game of it. And unless Smash somehow didn't do that well and COMPLETELY flopped - which is by far not happening - Smash will presist.

GalacticPetey said:
No more Mario content please. We have more than enough.

Franchises like Metroid, Donkey Kong and Star Fox need the extra content more.

And Yoshi. I will not stop bothering you until you start including Yoshi with your "these series were unrep'd", just like you wouldn't stop bothering me with the "Ridley WILL be in Smash because blah blah". :P

Back