Who do you main in Smash 4?

Re: Who are you going to main in Smash 4?

Dark Pit/Pit aren't that great. I still enjoy playing them the most but a lot of their moves are very situational. otherwise you'll just get punished by your own end lag.

Their aerials aren't too bad, though?

They're the best part about them. Nair is a good follow up to down throw and catching someone off guard, fair can gimp if you manage to hit (the hitbox has good horizontal distance but it's thin so it's easy to miss), dair is his only downward option in the air but it's pretty small so it doesn't have much use to stop anti-air attacks, uair can juggle if the opponent doesn't airdodge and bair is tougher to land the sweet spot (without the tip hit it isn't very good) than it used to be.

but as you can see, they aren't that great even if it's the best part. Fsmash, Fthrow and Ftilt can kill at high percents but the latter two can only do so if they aren't staled. His utilt has a hitbox close to the body so it's not that great, usmash has a hitbox above the head but leaves the sides completely vulnerable. Dsmash has a lackluster first hit but the second hit sends horizontally, good for punishing rolls but tough to hit.

Overall his moves are okay at dealing damage and knockback, it's just that it's tough to actually land them because of the way they work sometimes. A lot of his moves do less damage than they did in Brawl too.

Damn straight, landing it is difficult because shield -> any attack but when you do it's amazing.

Really? Huh, I think I've been playing all the wrong matches since I can score a lot with b> against level 9s. Not that level 9's are GREAT opponents, but they sure love to dodge and all.

They love to dodge but they don't stay in shield as much as I find actual people do.

And they don't roll as much as human Yoshi's on 1v1 For Jerk matches.

Yoshi is just a dang annoying opponent to face against. Yoshi keeps jumping around like a dumb**** on coke.

For Glory isn't something you should take seriously anyway.

I main Ness, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.

How's Rosalina working out for you Rosalina mainers? like myself

She's hard to use at first, but if you train right she is a godsend

from what i've played i'm really liking Shulk and Little Mac. i'm going to have to play mega man, villager, and rosalina more to find out how they work for me, and of course i plan to get back to playing zero suit and regular samus

Rosalina and Luma said:
How's Rosalina working out for you Rosalina mainers? like myself

She's hard to use at first, but if you train right she is a godsend

She wasn't that hard to use at all.

It's probably mainly because I used a Brawl - Olimar hack before that made his Pikmin act independently (nearly) and have them all over the place, so you can spam your Smash attacks at a safe distance. Rosalina's Luma is a bit similar to that except the Luma follows you while the Pikmin doesn't in the hack.

I've only played about 11 hours (7 on the first day, 1 overall for on the bus, 3 hours online) because Hyrule Warriors has held my attention/Smash has not held my attention.

I like using Pac-Man, Yoshi, Dark Pit & Dr. Mario. I've tried a few others and not liked them too much but those four are the ones I really enjoy (by extension, Mario and Pit as well).

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2014/10/02_smashbrostiers01.jpg

Okay definitely maining Yoshi and Rosalina from now on.

Case in point that I've been maining them anyway (as well as Sonic who's in B tier) which has never happened before in a Smash game, whenever I main a character they were always in Mid to Low tier, so even though it's an early tier list it's still promising.

But I never really cared about tiers because tournaments are few and far between in Australia anyway (the only one I know of that's coming up is at PAX as the end of the month, and I'm not going Sunday anyway).

SKmarioman said:
Case in point that I've been maining them anyway (as well as Sonic who's in B tier) which has never happened before in a Smash game, whenever I main a character they were always in Mid to Low tier, so even though it's an early tier list it's still promising.

But I never really cared about tiers because tournaments are few and far between in Australia anyway (the only one I know of that's coming up is at PAX as the end of the month, and I'm not going Sunday anyway).
It's early and will likely change, but Yoshi and Rosalina can really pack a punch.

I know that I'm maining Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt, and I'm considering Yoshi, Wario, and Shulk right now. I'll try the other characters later.

Lumastar said:
SKmarioman said:

It's early and will likely change, but Yoshi and Rosalina can really pack a punch.

I know that I'm maining Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt, and I'm considering Yoshi, Wario, and Shulk right now. I'll try the other characters later.
Yoshi is great, I hated him in previous games but he's a lot more fun this time. My only problem is the circle pad fucking up my egg throws and using side b instead.

Yoshi... on the top?

He's never going to be on topic because of that goddang second jump.

never say never i know

Currently maining Wii Fit Trainer. Ness and Villager are close seconds, and Wario is my fourth. I really want to learn how to play DHD properly though, so I'll be trying him out a lot more often. Dr. Mario, Robin, G&W and ROB are great, but I don't use them as often as I thought I would *shrug*

but don't you know? Yoshi is standing upright now. Now his arms can reach the top tier and pull himself up.

Maki Nishikino said:
but don't you know? Yoshi is standing upright now. Now his arms can reach the top tier and pull himself up.

Ganondorf is taller than Yoshi. Ganondorf for top tier.

Back