Rank the versions of Microsoft Windows

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
The purpose of this thread is to rank each version of Microsoft Windows from your most favorite to least favorite version.

7>Vista>8 and 8.1>98FE and SE>2000>NT 4.0>95>3.1X>1.0>2.0>XP>Me

Windows 98 was my first OS that I ever used and I used it since 2003 all the way up to 2008 when I switched to Windows XP during mid 2008 and later to Windows Vista probably somewhere around late 2008 and early 2009. I was a toddler when I first used it. I used to play some games like Road Rash and Network Q RAC Rally Championship on my first few PCs.

I liked 2000 when I was in Grade 1 and 2 where I first used it at school. It was alright.

The poop of the group (to me) is Windows Me (Millennium Edition). Windows Me was just Windows 98 dressed in Windows 2000's clothes featuring Windows Movie Maker and System Restore which weren't in 2000. All what people got was Windows 98 rebarfed again for a third time but this time having Real DOS mode taken out and that makes it worse because a lot of DOS games wouldn't run and that sucked. They might as well should have called it Windows 98 Third Edition because that's exactly what it was. Sure it introduced those features very well and was targeted for home users but the only problem is that it was sometimes buggy and had some crashes. Half of them bought the superior Windows 2000 or still stuck with Windows 98. I personally never used it when I was younger back in the day but I used it in a virtual machine and on a physical machine recently 4 months back on a AOPEN Pentium 4 Windows XP machine from a mosque which I was trying to fix up. A majority of the drivers ran on Windows Me except for the ethernet driver which was a pain in the ass to get working. It was troublesome I tell ya folks. There is basically NO REASON for me to use Windows Millennium Edition at all when I could be using the vastly far superior Windows 98SE or Windows 2000.

XP>98-2000>7>>>>>>>>>>>>8

Whatever Windows Millennium Edition has, it probably doesn't has the crappy Windows 8 interface.

i don't see a problem with 8, besides being kinda weird having to press Home instead of Start to get to a certain program.

8 (i've heard they finally patched it to let you use the regular start menu)
XP
Vista

those are the only versions i've used

7 > 8 > 98

though I don't believe W8 is a hell spawn

Out of the ones I've used for extended periods of time:

7 >>> Vista > XP > 2000

Also the only people who hate on 8 are people who don't like change and want to keep an outdated device such as the start menu.

Birdo said:
Also the only people who hate on 8 are people who don't like change and want to keep an outdated device such as the start menu.

yaaaaayy hasty generalizations congratulations on making them you should get an award

Windows 95 is where Windows was reaching it's perfection. Windows 3.1 was getting a bit too uncomfortable. I had a laptop which ran Windows 95 which I got at a garage sale when I was in Grade 2. I somehow broke it. That was my first encounter with Windows 95. It felt okay, but I liked 98 at the time. The other PCs at the time ran Windows 98. I remember going on the internet on Windows 98 and being on YouTube before I switched to XP. Windows 8 is where Windows became broken and flawed. It will be fixed with Threshold when the preview comes out anytime soon.

Birdo said:
It's not a great change. You get this really tacky interface rather than the cleaner start menu.

Dr. Mario said:
Birdo said:
It's not a great change. You get this really tacky interface rather than the cleaner start menu.
The start menu was an outdated interface. Like I only ever used it to search for a program I wanted by pressing start and then typing the name of the program. Which, you know, you can do just fine in Windows 8.

But God forbid a company change the design, instead you get a bunch of whiny crybabies complaining that IT'S DIFFERENT AND I DON'T LIKE IT.

Microsoft should have told them to stop bitching about how it's different and get used to it.

Birdo said:
But God forbid a company change the design, instead you get a bunch of whiny crybabies complaining that IT'S DIFFERENT AND I DON'T LIKE IT.

Baby Luigi said:
yaaaaayy hasty generalizations congratulations on making them you should get an award

I found the Start menu very useful, it's a hell of a lot easier than going to the bottom corner of the screen waiting for the bar to pop out and then clicking Settings and then Power.

Also I don't know if anyone else has this issue with Windows 8, but sometimes I find with my laptop touchpad that sometimes it changes between the screen I'm on to the other screen with all the tabs and stuff.

Birdo said:
The start menu was an outdated interface. Like I only ever used it to search for a program I wanted by pressing start and then typing the name of the program. Which, you know, you can do just fine in Windows 8.
Just because you find very little use for it doesn't mean it's outdated.

I use the Start Menu and the quick launch buttons a lot. It's not outdated. It just works all the way up to this day. From the way I use my computer, something like a Windows 8 interface would be pretty cluttered and navigation is going to be a major headache. If I need to open a program while a window is up, I have to probably minimize the window or something like that and look where the program is on the start menu.

The interface is really, really ugly too. I saw the interface for the windows phone I have, and I feel it's not suited for my type. There are different colored, different-sized boxes of crap I don't even use. I guess I can customize the way it looks, but again, I don't know how it works.

Birdo said:

Microsoft should have told them to stop bitching about how it's different and get used to it.
that sounds like an excellent way to make a profit

I have no problems with the Start button on 8 because I never use it.

There's another button shaped like a house that basically is the old Start button.

Magikrazy said:
I have no problems with the Start button on 8 because I never use it.

There's another button shaped like a house that basically is the old Start button.
This sooo much

Turns out I also used 7 lel
7>8>XP

7 > XP > 8.1 > 8 > 98 > 95 > DOS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ME

Myki was made in ME.

Myki and ME are the devil.

We ended up having to pay $12:00 for no reason because of a Myki malfunction.

Therefore I don't think ME is very good.

Is there one made by Opal?

Back