Rank the versions of Microsoft Windows

XP > 7 > 98

and that's all the windows versions i've ever used.

Peri Peri said:
NSW alternative to Myki.
Oh God NSW PT is a nightmare, I was there for less than 24 hours and had to pay like $40 to go from airport hotel to the Opera House and back. Bloody ridiculous.

I also have no idea what OS it was programmed in but it's a piece of ass so it's also probably ME.

from what ive used.

7>Xp>Vista>98>95>ME

yeah ive not used much but yep.

Is it bad that I don't find Windows Vista to be bad as most people say it is? It isn't that buggy or anything and it's not even the worst version of Windows. Windows Me and Windows 8 onwards are the worst versions except for Windows 10. Windows Me was a rushed pile of crap that shouldn't have existed and it came out a month before I was ever even born. I didn't had any lag when I ran it on my old Pentium 4 PC and it was fast even without SP1 or 2 but I installed SP1 and 2 as quickly as I could. You just have to install Service Pack 1 and 2 and that's it, it's all fixed.

Vista isnt as bad as i thought it was when i actually had a pc of my own using it.

I adapted pretty quickly and have enjoyed it thus far.

It's not as good as 7 or xp, but its certainly not too shabby.

I haven't tested a lot of versions but here it is....

7 > 8 > 8.1 > XP > 98 > Vista

Moving a 1 GB to a Flash drive takes 3 hours Vista? C'mon

I got used to 8, I't a little slow, especially with old games. But I got used to it, except for the annoying search of it. And the fact that I don't really use the "Windows 8 mode" in most programs. 7 is overall best. XP was pretty decent for the time I spend with, 98 was good for the 3 months I used it when I first got a PC. Vista annoyed me because it was very slow in moving files, and I had 2 in one day with it.

Avg crashes:
Seven : 1 crash per month
Eight : 2 crashed per month
Surprisingly Eight point One : 0 crashes till now since last year.
XP: cannot remember, but in the 3 years I used it, it only had like 5 crashes, 10 blue screens of death. The BSoDs are due to faultily drivers I had back then.

Megadardery said:
Moving a 1 GB to a Flash drive takes 3 hours Vista? C'mon

I got used to 8, I't a little slow, especially with old games. But I got used to it, except for the annoying search of it. And the fact that I don't really use the "Windows 8 mode" in most programs. 7 is overall best. XP was pretty decent for the time I spend with, 98 was good for the 3 months I used it when I first got a PC. Vista annoyed me because it was very slow in moving files, and I had 2 in one day with it.

I had no problem copying big files in Vista and that was on an old Pentium 4 PC that came with XP originally but supported Vista with Aero. I don't have this old Pentium 4 PC anymore.

Windows Vista had some good ideas but they were not done very well. I loved Windows Vista from the last 5 years I've been using it.

Paper Jorge said:
i have faith in windows 10 being their best OS

Me too. I hope that it won't be a GODDAMN disaster like 8 and 8.1.

Speaking of disasters, I don't think Vista is a disaster as half of the people say it is. I loved it when I used it but I love 7 more than Vista.

Windows Me was a small disaster and a soulless cash grab of an operating system. Why, because it is fucking Windows 98 made to be like Windows 2000 with some entertainment stuff like Windows Movie Maker and a recovery tool like System Restore. It also takes out Real DOS Mode access which sucks. This piece of shit would be abandoned soon so it is an awful product in the mind. It has the shortest shelf life ever and that's why it is the poop of the group like I said. Windows Me was DOS's rendition of Windows 2000 for home users basically running on the codebase of Windows 98SE but improving and modifying it to restrict access to real mode DOS to make it boot faster. It is a flat out soulless cash grab that is worthless and has no real purpose whatsoever. Besides Windows XP or Whistler was coming out a couple months after so it was a moot point to buy Windows Me in 2001. Windows Me was just a stop-gap Windows release before XP's release in 2001 pretty much.

Speaking of Windows 98, does anyone find this nostalgic?

I love Windows 98 because it is my first OS. Windows Me is the same as 98 with minor differences.

Does anybody remember and miss Passport.mid?

So is Windows 8 far worse than Vista or Me could ever be?

Was Windows NT 4.0 a painful experience as most people say it is? I heard that it was painful. Is it true?

The Windows NT line was horrible for regular gaming use until Windows 2000. I think Windows 2000 was the pinnicle of the Windows NT line.

I just installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview after reconfiguring my PC after the 1TB HDD install. I like Windows 10 because it is a huge step up over Windows 8/8.1.

Asuna: I haven´t the opportunity to try it, but people say that Windows Vista is a bad operating system. I´m still on XP, looking to try Windows 7 soon.

NathanBros said:
Asuna: I haven´t the opportunity to try it, but people say that Windows Vista is a bad operating system. I´m still on XP, looking to try Windows 7 soon.

Windows Vista isn't all that bad, it's alright. You just have to install Service Pack 1 and 2 and it's much better and excellent performing when compared to the plain vanilla Vista or even XP.

8 > 7 > vista > xp > 98

98 had the best start up tho, because that music. B)

also

Aiko Heiwa said:
Out of the ones I've used for extended periods of time:

7 >>> Vista > XP > 2000

Also the only people who hate on 8 are people who don't like change and want to keep an outdated device such as the start menu.

this gurl knows wats up. B)

Back