Rant here

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
Basically, this is where you go and rant about what's on your mind. Please tell me if this is against the rules, I just want this to be a place where people get things off their chest.

It takes me a very long time to get enough feeling about an issue to make me rant, so I won't be able to.

Rosalina and Luma said:
If you don't want people to look, please say outside the spoiler or on the spoiler tag that you don't want people looking.

How exactly are you going to enforce this?

And what is the point of writing up a public rant if you don't want anyone to look at it?

Gabumon said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
If you don't want people to look, please say outside the spoiler or on the spoiler tag that you don't want people looking.

How exactly are you going to enforce this?

And what is the point of writing up a public rant if you don't want anyone to look at it?
Well, it was more of a guideline really...

Yeah I see how stupid that sounds. I'll remove it

I would like to rant about the flippin' stupid hot temperatures but since the fall season is approaching and the heat wave is gone...well i have nothing to rant about :[

Winters don't get cold here...relatively speaking. The lowest it can get is about 10 degrees Celsius, which is still warm for a temperate winter temperature.

Actually, I'd be complaining about the lack of necessary rainfall here rather than the temperature. Hopefully this winter season will spell an end to this dryness.

it makes me sad in dota when people can pick no skill heroes like phantom assassin or very easy heroes like faceless void and yet still win easily

if i'm going to lose, i'd like to feel like someone outmaneuvered me, or that it was my own mistakes that led to the loss, not that they lucked their way to victory

Anna said:
it makes me sad in dota when people can pick no skill heroes like phantom assassin or very easy heroes like faceless void and yet still win easily

if i'm going to lose, i'd like to feel like someone outmaneuvered me, or that it was my own mistakes that led to the loss, not that they lucked their way to victory

Well doesn't having a good team more important than what heroes you use? I've heard how frustrating it is to be in a crap team.

that might be part of it, but honestly the team i had this last match wasn't that bad (except dippy : P)

it's just when you pick faceless void (who can stop time in a huge sphere and freely stomp everyone inside) and combo him with witch doctor (who can put a rapid-fire death cannon inside the huge sphere) all you have to do to win fights is use the sphere and use the death ward. that's it. no skill involved other than landing the sphere (which is pretty easy)

i'd farmed up all my items faster than i'd ever farmed before but it was pointless because as soon as faceless void drops the chornosphere i can't do anything but watch as he murders me

part of me says that it's my fault for not killing him earlier but when your team isn't really coordinated you can't really do that very well. it's not an issue in pro matches or when i'm stacking with four other people but when i'm just solo queuing or playing with one friend (in this case dippy) there's not really much we can do

Well here's hoping they nerf that combo in the next balance patch...

they probably will because even pros were using it. at the very least they'll probably increase chronosphere's cooldown to something higher than one minute

also

Anna said:
that might be part of it, but honestly the team i had this last match wasn't that bad (except dippy : P)
not much I can do as a squishy support against high physical damage ultimates when my main reason for even being in the fight - to get my ulti off - is instantly nullified by death prophet's goddamn silence

but yeah, faceless void's ulti seriously needs to be nerfed

I hate people who underestimate artistic substances and styles in a video game.

I am not arguing that gameplay doesn't matter. I'm arguing that graphics, sounds, and music also greatly aid in an enjoyable experience and immersion. The best games out there not only have superb gameplay but also breath-taking graphics and artistic designs and satisfactory sound design. Not all games need a story, but many need graphics and sound in order to be presentable. Many games sell because of their presentation which basically helps advertise a game.

Sure many indie games out there have old graphics but as gameplay can be timeless same with graphics. Besides indie games have an excuse not to emphasis on graphics too much but even playing in a retro 8 bit style can be nostalgic. Really there's a difference in being retro and being just plain outdated in which something like Super Mario. Bros falls into the former.

Okay, I'm ranting. This will be in a jumble of words and basically about my life.

I just have to type it. After dinner.

Baby Luigi said:
I hate people who underestimate artistic substances and styles in a video game.

I am not arguing that gameplay doesn't matter. I'm arguing that graphics, sounds, and music also greatly aid in an enjoyable experience and immersion. The best games out there not only have superb gameplay but also breath-taking graphics and artistic designs and satisfactory sound design. Not all games need a story, but many need graphics and sound in order to be presentable. Many games sell because of their presentation which basically helps advertise a game.

Sure many indie games out there have old graphics but as gameplay can be timeless same with graphics. Besides indie games have an excuse not to emphasis on graphics too much but even playing in a retro 8 bit style can be nostalgic. Really there's a difference in being retro and being just plain outdated in which something like Super Mario. Bros falls into the former.
i honestly would argue that the original super mario bros is outdated by today's standards as opposed to something like super mario world which would be retro, but it's obviously a personal preference thing

Yeah it is personal preference. I feel good 8 bit graphics like those in those classic games are timless and nostalgic...but mileage may vary

Okay... I've been wanting to say this for a really long time. But I just didn't want to say it. I really hate freakworld. And pikminII. Their just so annoying and they probably won't read this post so im pretty happy about that. its just such bullpiss. I HATE BOTH OF THEM. sorry for double posting. So yeah, just wanted to say that... I HATE BOTH OF YOU GUYS! AND LAKITUTHEQUICK AND GAMEFREAK

he started down the dark side at the beginning of August iirc

his weird posts have been scattered among normal behavior, which kind of makes me doubt he's been hacked

Drift said:
Okay... I've been wanting to say this for a really long time. But I just didn't want to say it. I really hate freakworld. And pikminII. Their just so annoying and they probably won't read this post so im pretty happy about that. its just such bullpiss. I HATE BOTH OF THEM. sorry for double posting. So yeah, just wanted to say that... I HATE BOTH OF YOU GUYS! AND LAKITUTHEQUICK AND GAMEFREAK

do i know you

Back