Why are you a Mario fan?

ChrisAlassal

Monty Mole
Simply, why do you like this series?

I've been a fan of the Mario universe since I was about 5 years old.

The characters are so appealing. I'm astounded at how well the main cast fits and works together. I can honestly say that there's not a Mario character I dislike, which is rare for any series with me.

The gameplay, of course, is another great aspect. I always have fun playing the Mario games.

So, share why you're a Mario fan!

I like it because of the amazing look of the characters and everything else! I also like all characters like you! But I really like Petey Piranha!
As you can see from my picture and name! By the way Chris, do you have Mario Power Tennis?

I mostly am due to the fact that, when I was a kid, all I had were Mario games for some reason; I didn't even know who Link, Samus or Fox McCloud were until Super Smash Bros. I did have a few Donkey Kong games too though.

Same as SG: I grew up with Yoshi's Island and DKC2, and just kinda went from there. I TRULY got into it with that Character list from spacepope.

Like Chris, I also love the numerous characters, the translation to all different platforms, and the gameplay.

I first saw Mario on a advertisement for Mario Kart 64 on a Froot By the Foot package. Later that same day, I met a kid who asked me if I played Mario games... I didn't know what he was talking about.
I'd like to meet that kid and shake his hand... :wink:

I've played Nintendo games since I was about one-year or two-years old. At three or four, I could play Super Mario World better than any of my sister's friends (she's over ten years older than me). I've been a Nintendo fan fairly consistantly my whole life. During the N64 era, I became a Playstation fan, but still owned a Nintendo 64, and enjoyed Mario 64 and Paper Mario greatly. The Gamecube became my favorite console of the last generation, in part due to the sheer amount of nostalgic ports, and I found Super Mario Sunshine to be a fun experience, and Paper Mario 2 to be one of the most amazing Mario games ever created. Now with Wii here, Super Mario Galaxy looks amazing.

In short, I've been a Mario fan my whole life, but it also consistantly releases good games, so why wouldn't I like it?

like in my presentation, I like the mario saga since I was ! year old, but my mama plays for me, but a time came that mama don't play mario too often as before, then I begin playing by myself and quickly I was a better player than her, and that's how I was born as a videogamer, I still remember the first game that I played, the original super mario bros 3 of nes, and I had mario and the other characters as imaginary friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

actualy I was losing yhe love of the mario series for the mario party and sports series, but I recovered a bit since the release date of paper mario: ttyd and i'm recovered a lot of the mario series since I bought new super mario bros and super princess peach and I'm crazy for the release date of super paper mario and mario galaxy. crazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!:

I had mario imaginary freinds, too. Yoshi, Luigi, and Dr. Mario. (my first 2 games were SMW not the wiki and Dr. Mario, both on {S}NES) that last part was for trivia. ;)

I like Mario becuase:

1.It's fun and awsme
2.Yoshi

I have honestly NEVER asked myself this question, and I don't really think I can answer it... I, too, grew up with Mario (Gramma's NES :D ), but I don't really know why I like the series so much... Shameful, eh?

Mario Party numero uno. Best game ever! That and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. Their colorfulness and creativity and great gameplay astounded me. Now, they make for great escapes from an otherwise stupid existence. Ugh... speaking of, I have an English project to do... DANG IT! 1.5 more years... 1.5 more years... huff, puff...

Until college, which is even HARDER. :P

Aaaanyway, to answer this thread's title: Because I can be.

Alternate answer: Because they (the games) are there.

Monty Mole said:
Until college, which is even HARDER. :P

Aaaanyway, to answer this thread's title: Because I can be.

Alternate answer: Because they (the games) are there.

&*$(ing $*(%!

College is not that hard. It's easier than high school, as you have more time to manage your work.

Maybe because the first 3D videogame I ever played/watched/thoght was the greatest thing in teh whole wide world was Super Mario 64?

ChrisAlassal said:
Simply, why do you like this series?

I've been a fan of the Mario universe since I was about 5 years old.

The characters are so appealing. I'm astounded at how well the main cast fits and works together. I can honestly say that there's not a Mario character I dislike, which is rare for any series with me.

The gameplay, of course, is another great aspect. I always have fun playing the Mario games.

So, share why you're a Mario fan!
THIS. Word through word.

Smg2daisy said:
Totally a Mario fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love its game,character and music.Sometimes my classmates think that I am weird, because I am the only one like Mario.
Why did you bump this? It five years old

Seriously, nearly everyone in this topic is a Mario fan cause of Yoshi???

Anyways.

As a kid, I had a friend who was a Mario fan. I used to play Mario games with him alot, when I played Super Mario 64, I started to get more interested on the series. So, I bought some of Mario's games myself and enjoyed them.

The sad part is that I've never seen that friend anymore :(

Back