NEW Mario Party 10 Roster Wants Thread

Do you want King Boo as a playable character?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
That still wouldn't do it, I don't think I can emphasise enough how important it is for a Mario game to have enemies in it.

Peri Peri said:
Never stopped Wario getting in over Koopa.

Usually because koopa was doing something else.

Plus Wario is a different case and the star of his own series.

Mcmadness said:
THAT'S your reasoning?

If they made Kooper his own series he could get in over Koopa with that reasoning. Or Captain Toad.

Peri Peri said:
Mcmadness said:
THAT'S your reasoning?

If they made Kooper his own series he could get in over Koopa with that reasoning. Or Captain Toad.

No, they'd still go with a koopa due to how prevalent it is.

King Antasma said:
Nah, names and personalities to set them apart makes the partners better.

Personality doesn't matter in a Mario Kart or Mario Party game, if the partners make in, they will have no personality in these games.

Cirdec said:
King Antasma said:

Personality doesn't matter in a Mario Kart or Mario Party game, if the partners make in, they will have no personality in these games.
Except people have more personality in Mario Kart and Mario Party than in Mario Platformer no. 1002.

Dr. Mario said:
Cirdec said:
King Antasma said:

Except people have more personality in Mario Kart and Mario Party than in Mario Platformer no. 1002.

Like what?

They talk more in Mario Kart, I guess. Mario Kart Wii, I suppose. But that's not saying much.

Bowser definitely has more personality in Mario Party.

Well yeah but I'm refering to playable characters.

Mario says, "Hey stinky" and Luigi fakes a sneeze. And Peach's I_am_the_prin_cess. They're all taunts, I guess, but even when they get a star, they say something in line with their character. Luigi says stuff like, "Oh, lose again..."

Again, not much, but I think it's a tad more colorful than in the platformers.

Its still so minor that its barely worth mentioning.

Its like having a nickel instead of a penny, still not worth much.

That's why I emphasized on trivial things. Most of, say, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad's personality is derived from mostly their spinoffs, surprisingly, and ironically, in Mario's case, the least from the RPGs, when it comes to more well-known series.

Well this does come back to the inherent problem with the lack of personality with the characters, even with ones that claim to have some.

Yeah, the long trip comes back home. I still find it surprising how the series that boast to have "tons of personality" (the RPG) does hardly anything to give my video game darling some indents in the blank slate. And Mario Party, out of all things, does a better job at it.

Rerail from the derail?

They need to take a page from next level games.

Mcmadness said:
They need to take a page from next level games.
All Mario games do. With some Fortune Street thrown in for a good measure.

I wouldn't necessarily use the personalities they created but its the expression and energy they possessed that is needed.

Back